Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2021, 03:50   #961
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Der Beek View Post
... All this gaslighting insanity makes people crazy because all they hear is this contradictory nonsense all the time, it ****s with their head...

Old 21-09-2021, 05:38   #962

Boat: Amel 54

There's no connection between the quote and the image you posted.

Gaslighting is when someone is being told something that doesn't correlate with his reality.

That said.
I note the fear mongering and the emotional manipulation the picture tries to impose on the viewer, as well as how it attempts to incite people against each other, oh, and with one part of the population made to feel intellectually superior to the other part of the population.

It is an interesting picture.
Old 21-09-2021, 07:24   #963

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
While I am not exactly sure of your question, I think it fair to say that Aussies mostly think all politicians of any party are about trust worthy as used car salesmen. We rarely vote an opposing party in, we mostly vote a sitting party out when their lying becomes untenable.

Covid hasn't changed this.
I guess the comparison of politicians and used car salesmen is universal. Our problem is we don't purge our House and Senate of the long time liars.
Thanks for attempting to clarify my understanding of your politics. Sounds about like home.
Old 21-09-2021, 07:54   #964

Boat: Trlåren 31

More fear mongering comparing CoViD-19 with the Spanish Flu. Besides the lack of context of the lower population during that pandemic, the Spanish Flu disproportionately afflicted children and young adults (Read: the future). 99% of mortalities due to the Spanish Flu were aged 65 or less and nearly half were aged 20 to 40 years. See Wikipedia.
Old 21-09-2021, 09:20   #965

Boat: Amel 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post
Of course, the important thing about leadership is not the age of the leaders, but the decisions they make.
The age is married to mental faculties, or lack thereof, not divorced of them, which in turn effects decision making.

That's all.
Old 21-09-2021, 10:56   #966

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Mental faculties go with age. I'll admit at 78 mine is not what it was even in my 60s scary but a fact of life. I wish the voting public would recognize that, whether left or right.
Old 21-09-2021, 13:48   #967

Boat: Westerly Sealord

I'm not at all sure what the age of US politicians has to do with Australia however ...

Yesterday was another fun day in Melbourne.

Bit of background - the CMFEU represents amongst others construction workers. They have had a bit of a dream run in Victoria as while numbers on construction sites were reduced sites were not shut down.
Sadly they did not think that - as 'members of the union' - social distancing, mask wearing, and other rules applied to them. As a result a very large numbers of new Covid cases in Melbourne could be traced back to construction sites.
So the government said they could no longer gather in their tea rooms for their crib breaks.
That upset them so they attacked their union offices and said unkind things to their leader.

We have now had two days of this.
The union boss says they are not members but antivaxxers in drag. The left wing of politics is saying they are right wing extremists and 'ManBoy Nazis'. The right wing says it is all down to union members. Others are saying it is anti vaxxers and libertarians.

Nobody has mentioned anarchists yet - or ratbags.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...21-p58tkw.html
Old 21-09-2021, 14:30   #968

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Posts have been deleted for not following the Rules for the Covid 19 Forum. Also, posts rebutting the former that quoted the deleted posts were deleted (according the to the Community Rules, this is CF policy.) ]

Here is the part of the Sticky "Read Me" that sets the tone:

"All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering, politically charged statements or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?"

JPA Cate, moderator
Old 21-09-2021, 14:35   #969

Boat: Island Packet 40

Ann will be on your case if you get to free with the term "ratbags" and stay well away from "morons".

As far as union members turning on the union hierarchy, I am pleased to see Setka receiving the abuse, the mans a thug.
Old 21-09-2021, 15:58   #970

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by

There are some differing requirements for state elections in SA and WA. More info here [url
https://www.aec.gov.au/Enrolling_to_vote/Special_Category/no-fixed-address.htm[/url]

This may apply for some live a-boards, who knew
our cat is registered in nsw, and to do so you must provide a physical land address.

we use our daughter's address in newcastle and shortly after registering the boat, we received a letter from AEC saying we were now enrolled in that electorate

i suppose we could have objected but then we'd have to find / nominate another address...which would likely mean a letter from maritime to charge a fee to change the address on the registration etc etc

cheers,
Old 21-09-2021, 16:30   #971

Boat: Retired from CF

Wow , i am reaqlly impressed now.

About 30 min ago i watch DD giving a speach , telling people he and his communist government has equipped the Victorian Police with heavy arms and secret weapons to control the crowds and right now he has given us a small example of his secret weapon arsenal.

The detonated something that has caused a magnatiude 6 earthquake in Melboiurne.

What will he do next????
Old 21-09-2021, 16:34   #972
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post

About 30 min ago i watch DD giving a speach , telling people he and his communist government has equipped the Victorian Police with heavy arms and secret weapons to control the crowds and right now he has given us a small example of his secret weapon arsenal.

The detonated something that has caused a magnatiude 6 earthquake in Melboiurne.

What will he do next????
I suppose DD also did the one in Sydney about 10 minutes later or was that Gladys?

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/today.html
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-09-2021, 16:36   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
I suppose DD also did the one in Sydney about 10 minutes later or was that Gladys?

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/today.html
The chinese must have given DD some mighty powerful stuff. Roads and Belts most certainly work.
Old 21-09-2021, 16:36   #974

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post

What will he do next????
Dunno but that sure got my attention. I was very close to diving under the dining room table - seriously.
Previous strongest in Vic was 1982 - I was here for that as well - this was a lot stronger - said to be centered just south of here at Mansfield.
Old 21-09-2021, 16:41   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Dunno but that sure got my attention. I was very close to diving under the dining room table - seriously.
Previous strongest in Vic was 1982 - I was here for that as well - this was a lot stronger - said to be centered just south of here at Mansfield.
I think i heard a discussion yesterday or the day before concerning Australia's entry into the nuclear age and a comment was made that nuclear is perfectly safe as Australia is on one of the most stable plates.

How funny.

Shows you , never say it can not happen.

Tags
Australia