Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2021, 01:53   #1036

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
DD has lost patience with everyone in victoria , let's hope the victorians will llose their patience with him at the next election. Or do we blame China if he does get re elected?
I think he will survive, there isn't much competition.

The rabble seem to be running out of puff - but not before they have managed to do a bit of 'super spreading'.

'Dozens of protesters gathered about 2pm, walking aimlessly around the car park at Northcote Plaza and at times on the road, stopping traffic. The protesters shouted “every day,” in reference to the daily action throughout Melbourne this week, and occasionally hurled abuse at passersby.

Hundreds of police swarmed the scene, forcing protesters to disperse, with at least one person arrested after a large scuffle outside the plaza entrance.

At nearby All Nations Park, metres from the Northcote police station, the protest was watched by children playing in the playground and people having picnics on the grass. Someone from a nearby high rise balcony shouted “you suck” at the group, prompting jeers from the crowd.

The haphazard Northcote rally came after Victoria recorded 733 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and one death on Friday. Police had earlier thwarted planned large-scale protests, picking off and detaining individual protesters on their way into Melbourne’s CBD and surrounding suburbs.'

Meanwhile 100,000 people a day are getting a shot in Vic and Moderna is available to everyone - under 60.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...24-p58ugy.html
Old 24-09-2021, 04:11   #1037

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I think he will survive, there isn't much competition.

The rabble seem to be running out of puff - but not before they have managed to do a bit of 'super spreading'.

'Dozens of protesters gathered about 2pm, walking aimlessly around the car park at Northcote Plaza and at times on the road, stopping traffic. The protesters shouted “every day,” in reference to the daily action throughout Melbourne this week, and occasionally hurled abuse at passersby.

Hundreds of police swarmed the scene, forcing protesters to disperse, with at least one person arrested after a large scuffle outside the plaza entrance.

At nearby All Nations Park, metres from the Northcote police station, the protest was watched by children playing in the playground and people having picnics on the grass. Someone from a nearby high rise balcony shouted “you suck” at the group, prompting jeers from the crowd.

The haphazard Northcote rally came after Victoria recorded 733 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and one death on Friday. Police had earlier thwarted planned large-scale protests, picking off and detaining individual protesters on their way into Melbourne’s CBD and surrounding suburbs.'

Meanwhile 100,000 people a day are getting a shot in Vic and Moderna is available to everyone - under 60.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...24-p58ugy.html
UNDER 60 yes.
Old 24-09-2021, 12:19   #1038

Boat: Island Packet 40

But the police union has yet to decide whether or not it's members will accept mandatory vaccination so perhaps it's them being the "super spreaders??
Old 24-09-2021, 12:29   #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
But the police union has yet to decide whether or not it's members will accept mandatory vaccination so perhaps it's them being the "super spreaders??
But But the Victoria Police has yet to decide if they will require mandatory vaccination from officers.

Any credible source for your statement? Credible means 'non Murdoch'.

Anyway I'm calling fake news on that one - what Victorian union would be making announcements in the middle of the night in the middle of the Grand Final long weekend. Never happen.
Old 24-09-2021, 13:07   #1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Meanwhile in other news, Aus hit 50% fully vaccinated today (over 16) and a record daily tally of 347,746 doses administered. Maybe DH was correct in predicating we would get a wriggle on.
https://twitter.com/GregHuntMP?ref_s...ation-50pct%2F
i

Nothing like a few young people dropping dead at home before they even knew they were sick to concentrate the minds of the masses - shades of Guayuaquil 18 months ago.

Not only high daily vaccination rates but hesistency would appear to have left the building. Over 90% first shot across the over 70s peaking at 96% in the 75/80 year olds.
The only laggards are the 60/65s and even they are over 86%. I believe their problem is that they don't yet accept that they are 'old' and at risk.
Old 24-09-2021, 16:01   #1041

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

I like it

Quote:
MELBOURNE PROTESTERS DEMAND FREE DUMB

Melbourne’s CBD has been repeatedly swarmed by white male alt-wrong neo-Nutsies.

Hordes of galooting oblong-heads occupied Melbourne’s Shrine of Remembrance. They forgot that our fallen died for greater freedoms than scaredy-cat vaccine avoidance.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertain..._tsimGyrIOduys
Old 24-09-2021, 16:15   #1042

Meanwhile Police Association complains they weren't given enough guns.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...24-p58uf5.html

Best little laugh yesterday or the day before.

0700 Scotty ( in Washington) - 'I shall speak to President Macron when the time is right'.

0800 Scotty ( looking at floor , shuffling feet ) - 'Well, Actually he isn't answering my calls --'( bites lower lip.)
Old 24-09-2021, 18:22   #1043

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
But But the Victoria Police has yet to decide if they will require mandatory vaccination from officers.

Any credible source for your statement? Credible means 'non Murdoch'.

Anyway I'm calling fake news on that one - what Victorian union would be making announcements in the middle of the night in the middle of the Grand Final long weekend. Never happen.
It was the secretary of the Victorian police union during a TV interview.

Unfortunately it is pretty well only the nasty old Murdoch press which is asking the difficult questions.

And it's brave souls not "scaredy cat" types who take on the CMMFEU as they practice a "so ticket, no start" policy and the cowardly business management we appear to have these days will go along with it.
Old 24-09-2021, 18:35   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
It was the secretary of the Victorian police union during a TV interview.

Unfortunately it is pretty well only the nasty old Murdoch press which is asking the difficult questions.

And it's brave souls not "scaredy cat" types who take on the CMMFEU as they practice a "no ticket, no start" policy and the cowardly business management we appear to have these days will go along with it.
Good to see nothing has changed re spineless management since I was a pup.
THE CFMEU ( aka 'the alphabet union' ) has Painter and Docker DNA.

After the Ps and Ds union was put down in the late 70's many of their heavies found their way into the SUA as blanket folders ( ie caterers) in the offshore oil industry. I copped two death threats in just on two years. Lovely people.

Then the SUA became the MUA which it seems since my retirement has been folded into the CFMEU
Old 24-09-2021, 19:03   #1045

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
i

Nothing like a few young people dropping dead at home before they even knew they were sick to concentrate the minds of the masses - shades of Guayuaquil 18 months ago.

Not only high daily vaccination rates but hesistency would appear to have left the building. Over 90% first shot across the over 70s peaking at 96% in the 75/80 year olds.
The only laggards are the 60/65s and even they are over 86%. I believe their problem is that they don't yet accept that they are 'old' and at risk.
I suspect the slight hesitation from the 60s group could be explained by them holding out for Pfizer?
Old 24-09-2021, 19:24   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
I suspect the slight hesitation from the 60s group could be explained by them holding out for Pfizer?
Exactly, the 60 to 65 year olds are the gimmee gimmee generation - if they don't get what they want then out of the pram go the toys.

They would have no memory of the days when polio and other deadly diseases stalked the streets and schoolyards - the 1950s - when men were men and pansy was the name of a flower - oops - sorry - I think I am starting to ramble..

They do seem to have got over it - first shots in the group are trending nicely upwards but it has left that bit of a gap in the numbers of fully vaxxed.

The numbers today out of NSW were interesting- they are buried in here somewhere
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...24-p58uls.html

3 of the 11 deaths were at home before diagnosis
4 of the 11 were under 70yo
and
9 of the 11 not vaxed at all, 2 with one shot.

Hardly the time to be getting picky.
Old 24-09-2021, 19:44   #1047
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

I dunno how many of the ~2,000 Melbourne rioters are union members or even what union but I do know they are rabble bunch of selfish soft sooks who should be sidelined from society. Chuck 'em onto a uninhabited island in Bass Strait and let them practice their freedom ways there.

They could get vaccinated, they could get back to work, they could donate some of their fat pay checks (construction workers / tradies are well paid in Australia) to helping out the many of the real victims of the Covid lockdown. The out of work low paid hospitality workers and the arts industry etc etc.

There are some 300,000 workers in construction in Victoria (AFAIK) and this small handful rat lickers are not representative of the construction industry or unions or of society. If they don't like society the way it is, they should man up and either leave or suck it up and adapt. Society owes them nothing. The rest of us doing the heavy Covid lifting for these soulless dummy spitters.

The picture sums it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	242698495_402513741239365_5814253910901042228_n.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	245899  
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 24-09-2021, 20:07   #1048

Boat: Farr 43`

Quote:
Exactly, the 60 to 65 year olds are the gimmee gimmee generation - if they don't get what they want then out of the pram go the toys.

They would have no memory of the days when polio and other deadly diseases stalked the streets and schoolyards - the 1950s - when men were men and pansy was the name of a flower - oops - sorry - I think I am starting to ramble..
I'm 65 remember getting polio vaccinations at school, when gay meant happy and the rainbow was a symbol of alternate counter culture.

As for gimmie our parents (greatest generation) were frugal.
After the great depression and WWII Australia lacked capital and moderately comfortable was the aspiration of the broader middle classes.

Boomers built the wealth of Australia, created opportunities for successive generations and are in the process of redistributing the wealth. (dying)

My children may be the last generation of Australians to live better than their parents.

My parents provided everything I needed.
My kids get (or have been shown how to get) everything they want.

Their peers are less impressive and if my kids end up wealthier than I it will be because they take a bigger slice of the pie rather than creating a larger pie.

Rather than a "gimmie" generation late boomers are a "create" cadre who are morphing into the most altruistic generation this country has seen.

Pre Covid charitable donations were up, volunteering was up.
How does this input sit with your views?
Old 25-09-2021, 00:40   #1049

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucksta View Post
I'm 65 remember getting polio vaccinations at school, when gay meant happy and the rainbow was a symbol of alternate counter culture.

As for gimmie our parents (greatest generation) were frugal.
After the great depression and WWII Australia lacked capital and moderately comfortable was the aspiration of the broader middle classes.

Boomers built the wealth of Australia, created opportunities for successive generations and are in the process of redistributing the wealth. (dying)

My children may be the last generation of Australians to live better than their parents.

My parents provided everything I needed.
My kids get (or have been shown how to get) everything they want.

Their peers are less impressive and if my kids end up wealthier than I it will be because they take a bigger slice of the pie rather than creating a larger pie.

Rather than a "gimmie" generation late boomers are a "create" cadre who are morphing into the most altruistic generation this country has seen.

Pre Covid charitable donations were up, volunteering was up.
How does this input sit with your views?
Dont be upset with El Ping , i had a few exchanges with him and even that he does come accross as an over 60th hater i think he is just a bit upset that he is now stuck in OZ instead of being on his boat.

In general you are perfectly correct , it is our generation thats has paid plenty of money into taxation pockets and a lot is now spent. Yes your children might be the last generation to do a bit better but that will largely depend on how successful you have been. If you have managed to put a few properties under your belt , yes a nice little bit of cash for the kids especially now when property is skyrocketing but let's not be so upset , has any of you lately looked at what the kiwi's have to put up with in AKL? I was so shocked i think i sell up here and buy a couple of rental properties over there , their rent is about double what we get in Melbourne. So now let's all be friends and watch the AFL Grand Final even that it is in Perth.
Old 25-09-2021, 00:46   #1050

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Sorry about the social unrest.

But your vax program is going extremely well:

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(31).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	245908

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(32).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	245909

Whilst daily new case and death rates remain moderate:

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(33).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	245910

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(34).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	245911

This is all just as I predicted a few weeks ago.

Hang on, guys!
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman

Tags
Australia