Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2021, 18:27   #1081

Boat: Island Packet 40
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit Coetzee View Post
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one bro.

Newest clinical trial results, show vaxxes weens off. By month six, it has zero efficacy.
Israel now introduced 4th booster shot- but still have the highest infection rate. (See the connection?)

Talking about connection, (pun intended), their 5G connections must be out of this world. I think, after the 4th booster shot, they will be able to communicate and connect with each other without cellphones.
Programmed obsolescense? It was probably inevitable after the pharmas got all the governments sold on their vaccines and the governments got all their populations scared to death..
Old 26-09-2021, 16:29   #1082

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Oh No - look - over there

'Helsinki: Police in Norway reported dozens of disturbances and violent clashes including mass brawls in the Nordic country’s big cities'

Are they upset about something or is it just that they can't handle alcohol.?

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...27-p58uzn.html

That is a pretty low looking percentage vaccinated - all things considered.
Old 26-09-2021, 20:07   #1083

Thanks Dockhead, it has been disheartening that we haven't been able to beat Delta. And it's hard to remain positive when aspects of the press and even people on this forum in the enviable position of remaining free and relatively unaffected pile it on us in Vic and NSW to fight lockdowns and border closure.
Especially when it is precisely those hardships on our behalf that have allowed them to remain unaffected.
Old 26-09-2021, 21:37   #1084

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevilleCat View Post
Thanks Dockhead, it has been disheartening that we haven't been able to beat Delta. And it's hard to remain positive when aspects of the press and even people on this forum in the enviable position of remaining free and relatively unaffected pile it on us in Vic and NSW to fight lockdowns and border closure.
Especially when it is precisely those hardships on our behalf that have allowed them to remain unaffected.
Just strange that you in Vic had now the longest time in lockdowns , the most draconion restrictions but you can not even press the numbers down never mind talking about beating Delta , that is a statement that your Chairman has now admitted would never be achieved.

Looks as if at least some groupsm in Melbourne's north are not very interested or concerned about the virus spreading and putting the rest of you into a permanent lockdown. How can you explain that???

In regards to the rest of us enjoying life , yes very true but i dont think that is because of you or NSW suffering , it is purely that in my case Muma Anna looks at it in a different light. Doors closed , no if's or but's. As it stands right now , QLD will not open up by Xmas so dont think about booking a flight yet.

What is the reason that it works so well in QLD and WA? Is it possible that the mix of people are different? May be people care more about having a good time and a drink at the pub in the sunshine here then may be pushing political or other reasons. QLD likes just having a good life.

So let me tell you i feel very sorry for you down there but first have a look at your own house before you say that we in QLD having a good life on your suffering.

Hope your power crazy Chairman will give you some freedoms soon but if not , vote him out.
Old 26-09-2021, 21:42   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
J
Looks as if at least some groupsm in Melbourne's north are not very interested or concerned about the virus spreading and putting the rest of you into a permanent lockdown. How can you explain that???
You truly do talk some non sense.

Maybe this will explain the unfortunate situation in the northern suburbs

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...20-p58t4h.html
Old 26-09-2021, 22:02   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
You truly do talk some non sense.

Maybe this will explain the unfortunate situation in the northern suburbs

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...20-p58t4h.html
City of HUME?????????
Old 26-09-2021, 22:10   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
City of HUME?????????
Yes Hume, Its west of Whittlesea - encompasses the area north of Broadmeadows.

Another map you sometimes see shows a different Hume - a far larger area stretching from around Broadford to the river, covering lots of cities and shires. Not sure what hat they pulled that one out of.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/c...28-p56xht.html

Edited bit - better map-- Hume is one of many that appeared after the great council consolidation of 94
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_...as_of_Victoria
Old 26-09-2021, 22:25   #1088

Quote:
Yes Hume, Its west of Whittlesea - encompasses the area north of Broadmeadows.

Another map you sometimes see shows a different Hume - a far larger area stretching from around Broadford to the river, covering lots of cities and shires. Not sure what hat they pulled that one out of.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/c...28-p56xht.html

Edited bit - better map-- Hume is one of many that appeared after the great council consolidation of 94
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_...as_of_Victoria
El Ping , i lived in the City of Hume , i know where the issues are. Is not in Whittlesea , is Broady , Roxy and cragieburn.

I give a dam but unless you tell me i see special QLD news , the Chairman and friends clearly outlined the problem areas.

All i say is , may be in the cold climate down there they have nothing better to do then to spread it , here we go to the pub and watch the sunset over maggie island.
Old 27-09-2021, 01:42   #1089

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Oh No - look - over there

'Helsinki: Police in Norway reported dozens of disturbances and violent clashes including mass brawls in the Nordic country’s big cities'

Are they upset about something or is it just that they can't handle alcohol.?

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...27-p58uzn.html

That is a pretty low looking percentage vaccinated - all things considered.

Ha, ha. Those are usual drunken bar fights, not demonstrations. Norway after sudden lifting of all restrictions. People are happy, not upset.

Nothing like that here in Finland, but our restrictions -- nearly all of them voluntary, but taken seriously --- are still on.

As to % vaxxed, we've still got some ways to go in Finland and Sweden, but Norway and Denmark are approaching 90% of the adult population with at least one dose, and all over these parts it's thought that all the even slightly vulnerable are now vaxxed.

Happy days at last.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coronavirus-data-explorer(35).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	245967
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 27-09-2021, 01:46   #1090

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevilleCat View Post

Well, are you sure about that?

You don't think there should be a discussion about the pros and possible cons of the measures?

I don't claim to have any answers, mind you, but I am by no means sure that all the pandemic measures everywhere were worthwhile, and many of them had enormous cost and did a lot of damage to different social groups and society as a whole.

I think we'll understand this better in a year or two after the dust settles and people regain their ability to think normally and critically again.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 27-09-2021, 02:35   #1091

So the rioters took Sunday off and protesters had a picnic in the park today

'Those encouraging people to rally against lockdowns and vaccinations called for rallies in parks across Melbourne on Monday, but the only notable event was a quiet protest in North Fitzroy’s Edinburgh Gardens around 11am that was quickly dispersed by police.

Attended by around 30 protesters – some of whom said they were health workers – police allowed the rally to go on for a brief period before asking them to finish. There were no arrests made. '

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...27-p58uym.html

Dockhead 'You don't think there should be a discussion about the pros and possible cons of the measures?'

I can assure you there is plenty of discussion going on at every level.

Further news, Qantas is dropping Perth from its Melbourne - London and Sydney - London services when things start up again at the end of the year.
https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...27-p58v35.html services
Old 27-09-2021, 03:55   #1092
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Who’d have thought it , Australia a hot bed of revolution , I always thought no one could be bothered as it cut into beach and Barbie time. We live in “ interesting times”
Old 27-09-2021, 03:59   #1093

Boat: Island Packet 40

One of the things I believe is shocking many Australians is what successive entrenched left wing government in Victoria has turned the Victorian police service into. During the last few years we have seen the Pell case, the use of defense lawyers as police informers and now the numerous incidents of police thugery in relation to the covid affair.
Old 27-09-2021, 05:08   #1094
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
One of the things I believe is shocking many Australians is what successive entrenched left wing government in Victoria has turned the Victorian police service into. During the last few years we have seen the Pell case, the use of defense lawyers as police informers and now the numerous incidents of police thugery in relation to the covid affair.
Entrenched - really?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a4d48384442d3d1855be3bce3667588f.png
Views:	98
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	245970  
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 27-09-2021, 06:51   #1095

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
….I don't claim to have any answers, mind you, but I am by no means sure that all the pandemic measures everywhere were worthwhile, and many of them had enormous cost and did a lot of damage to different social groups and society as a whole.

I think we'll understand this better in a year or two after the dust settles and people regain their ability to think normally and critically again.
I have changed my mind about the benefits of extreme measures such as extended stay-at-home lockdowns. They are very effective.

They subdue the population superbly. People are then grateful for the smallest scraps of freedom thrown at them and will eventually accept almost anything to gain some return to normality, even eventually supporting the restrictions and praising the enforcers. Stockholm syndrome is being illustrated beautifully in Australia.

In Melbourne (that has now had around 240 days of stay-at-home lockdown in total, much of it with a curfew that is still to be lifted) an hour’s outdoor exercise extended to two was greeted with thanks. When children’s playgrounds reopened (with one masked adult supervising their child not permitted to remove their mask to eat or drink) gratitude was expressed again. The recent permission of being able to meet a limited number of vaccinated friends or family outdoors for a picnic was cause for huge celebration.

Exit plans have now finally been revealed. Vaccination targets for the entire adult population as a whole, not specifically the vulnerable, have been set. The PM’s promise that vaccination would not be mandatory is worthless given these decisions are in the hands of state premiers. Individuals with now a heady sense of power. It is not just health and care workers and anyone associated with border control and quarantine that vaccination is required to be able to work. In Victoria it is not even school teachers and construction workers. It will be the students themselves next year, secondary schools and universities included. It also seems any return to work will not be permitted unless vaccinated. This has been left up to some employers, but they risk legal action if not mandating this.

There seems little resistance to this. There have been minimal protests apart from the latest violent ones, which does the cause no good. The lockdowns have numbed people to accept conditions that would have been scoffed at not that long ago. Not only to accept conditions, but inform on those seen or suspected to be breaking the rules.

Anyone hesitant is not just termed an anti-vaxxer now, but offensive terms such as “rat-licker”. In an attempt to gain a vaccinated target figure to enable restrictions to be lifted, the unvaccinated are being severely ostracised. The bulk of the population is now cheering on the extreme measures of mass vaccinating those at low risk of severe illness with very new forms of vaccine that only have provisional approval. Full approval has not been given as we know nothing about long term side effects and do not even have similar types of vaccines to compare.

This is even worse than I feared.

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings

Tags
Australia