Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2021, 19:35   #106
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
My error was in thinking I was in error.

Capitols properly refers to the city of a state in which the capitol is situated.

And capital is considered to represent the durable assets in a business, including but not limited to, the investment in real property, plant and equipment or intellectual assets.
As you correctly identified back in post #88, I can on occasion, be pedantic and as such, I cannot let your above comment go by unchallenged...

According to most (all?) style / grammar guides and dictionaries, Capitol is a proper noun while capital can be a noun and an adjective (with various meanings). In general use, Capitol is reserved for the building(s) where laws are enacted whereas capital is the main (or head) city of a state or province etc. As you correctly identify, there are other meanings of the word 'capital' but generally no other meaning for 'Capitol'.

I assert that you are in error in this instance!

For a general treatise - https://www.google.com/search?q=capi...&bih=776&dpr=2
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-08-2021, 19:44   #107

Boat: Swarbrick S-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
@ RaymondR: ....wanting to add people from where one learned to drive on the "other" side of the rode.
…snip…
Ann

I knew there was a way to turn this into an anchor thread!
Old 21-08-2021, 19:50   #108
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Your mistake this time.

Productive = producers of wealth and that is anyone ranging from the cottage artist making ceramics in a back yard studio.

Parasitic = consumers of wealth who contribute nothing or a contribution in no way commensurate with the contribution they make.

Not a matter of size or status.
In the spirit of friendliness, congeniality and bonhomie, I concede .

This is the reality of living in Australia in Covid times, we can get on even when we have diverging viewpoints; well, most of us anyway.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-08-2021, 20:33   #109

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Don't forget visitors from the majority of the driving world who don't make the switch quickly enough.

Been there, done that!

Jim
Drove to Sydney from Newcastle decades ago to pick up an American driller. On the way back he offered to drive for a while because I was very tired having left Newcastle about midnight to meet his early flight.

He pulled out of the service station we'd stopped at straight into the incoming traffic on the freeway. I managed to get him stopped and reversed back into the driveway before disaster struck but never made that mistake again.
Old 21-08-2021, 20:44   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
As you correctly identified back in post #88, I can on occasion, be pedantic and as such, I cannot let your above comment go by unchallenged...

According to most (all?) style / grammar guides and dictionaries, Capitol is a proper noun while capital can be a noun and an adjective (with various meanings). In general use, Capitol is reserved for the building(s) where laws are enacted whereas capital is the main (or head) city of a state or province etc. As you correctly identify, there are other meanings of the word 'capital' but generally no other meaning for 'Capitol'.

I assert that you are in error in this instance!

For a general treatise - https://www.google.com/search?q=capi...&bih=776&dpr=2
Moving forward, let's just take it that I meant the city the parliament of the state is situated in.
Old 21-08-2021, 21:03   #111
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
some countries have banned the vaccine.
Abe
Which ones? Source?
Old 22-08-2021, 00:55   #112
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post
Say you.

Show the VAERS data and a link.

And read the link

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21CV

provided. Oh wait, the article's so short I can just add it here.

Not to mention that there are tons of other respected journals debunkings of this direct violation of "Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information".

"Posts are sharing numbers reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) as deaths following COVID-19 vaccinations and claiming that it proves the vaccines have killed people. This is false. Anyone can submit a report into the system and the reports do not imply causality.

An example can be seen here , with the caption saying: “9,318 DEATHS reported to VAERS after vaccine.”

In a July 21, 2021 page update, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it had received 6,207 reports of people who had died after receiving a COVID vaccine between Dec. 14, 2020 and July 19, 2021 (here). But that came with clear caveats. On the same page, it says: “FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.”

Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the CDC’s website says: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” (here). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data do not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says, “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality” (here).

Reuters explored this lack of causality in other fact check articles visible here , here and here .

VERDICT
Missing context. Reports submitted to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) for adverse events and deaths following the COVID-19 vaccine do not imply causation. Anyone can submit reports and the reports are not verified.

Leaving aside that even if the 13000 number was an accurate representation of actual deaths from the covid vaccine, which it is not --- 13000 vaccine - 628000 covid. Sayy it again - 13000 vaccine - 628000 covid. Guess for some 'physicians' the Hippocratic Oath only applies to individuals directly in their purview...

Its a bit like died within 28 days of a positive covid test...............
Old 22-08-2021, 01:26   #113

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Q for UFO.Have you been vaccinated?
Old 23-08-2021, 08:58   #114

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

This is almost all US data even if it says foreign nobody from Europe reports to VAERS...they have their own system. It is also voluntary so physicians under report.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210823_084349.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	244128  
Old 23-08-2021, 09:38   #115

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS

it is interesting that vaers shifted 7000 deaths from US to all inc foreign. So US is 6019...estimate is that only 10 percent of physicians report....
Old 23-08-2021, 10:26   #116

Meanwhile back in covid repression central Dangerous Dan's oppressing grandma and pregnant mother arresting police have bought out the riot gear and have progressed to rubber bullets in the suppression of the "dangerous" anti lock down demonstrators.
Old 23-08-2021, 11:07   #117

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I had the swab so that I could fly to New Zealand last month - it tickled .
So it was you that brought Delta over here, thanks Frank
Old 23-08-2021, 13:59   #118

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Q for UFO.Have you been vaccinated?
vaccine ? i'm still waiting to hear if he wears a seatbelt...

cheers,
Old 23-08-2021, 14:29   #119

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Meanwhile back in covid repression central Dangerous Dan's oppressing grandma and pregnant mother arresting police have bought out the riot gear and have progressed to rubber bullets in the suppression of the "dangerous" anti lock down demonstrators.
No they did not, they used 'pepper pellets' against a violent mob. Six police ended up hospitalised.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...21-p58kp1.html

If I was you , Raymond, I would be more concerned about what the polis are up to in NSW - the 'Gold Standard ' state.
If you have the stamina sit through one of Gladys' pressers and see how up front and centre the police are in imposing her will on the people.
Police and military combos doorknocking one year olds and the dead in the middle of the night to make sure they are isolating.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...firstdog_email

Now I never watch Sky News but this caught my eye yesterday.
You have nothing to fear - as long as you do as you are told.

Old 23-08-2021, 14:34   #120

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

A comment here, when 8 officers are in hospital from aggravated assaults made by protesters, I can understand why the police might be feeling threatened and behave aggressively.

At least two sides to most stories, mates.

@ chrisr: penguins have a hard time with seat belts, no fingers you know. ....Oh, you meant UFO! sorry.

A.

Tags
Australia