Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2021, 18:49   #1231

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
This vaccine is so "good?" thay in Wales UK 87% of hospitalized patients were vaccinated.
If 100% of the population were vaccinated, then 100% of the hospitalised patients would also be vaccinated, nicht wahr?

Please find another thread for your gratuitous comments.

Wales UK has nothing to with the reality of living in Australia with Covid.
Old 30-09-2021, 19:10   #1232

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Fixed it

I agree not all states will follow, although QLD and WA are likely to, in my opinion. Vaccinations will soon be mandatory for truck drivers entering Queensland: https://statements.qld.gov.au/statements/93353
The deadline for police officers to get vaccinated is just days away. Comments have been made that teachers and childcare workers will be the next group forced to get a COVID-19 jab.

SWL
Nobody is being forced to get vaccinated. Its just that if you don't get vaccinated certain career paths are closed to you. There will still be plenty of openings in the gig economy - whatever that is - busking maybe.

Hot off the press - Vax required for all authorised workers in Victoria from mid month.
New daily case numbers down to 1143.
Old 30-09-2021, 19:27   #1233

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Na dont think i am get swept away but i feel your lax attitude is expactly what can be a dangerous issue.

Have a think before you talk , get a new job? May be some Tradie just ring BHP and get an office job? Be a bit fair that some workers only have ONE job they know and they need that job not some advise get a different job.

Not so sure whether we should just talk so easily about peoples lifes.

You might have been in a lucky life , made your money and now skipper around but not everyone is so lucky and in todays world it is getting harder and harder to find a job , raise a family and we dont even want to talk about paying off your house.

I am for all safety rules but once we inject people we cross a fine line so for your sake i hope that in the month ahead we do not see women giving birth to deformed babies.

May be you should have a think about that and then see what you would tell those women.

Not to be difficult but isn’t the theme in another thread that a bit of hard work gets you to rich status? Maybe this is what gets people working harder to be successful?

Again not trying to be difficult but that is my read on the other thread.

I do agree that it can be a difficult hard choice for some but we are talking about a pandemic where personal choices affect more than the one making the decision
Old 30-09-2021, 19:34   #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
GB took office as Premier of NSW on 23 January 2017.

Simple math will tell you that on 22 January 2022 she will reach the magic point of having been Premier for 5 years.

That qualifies her for free gravy: a free office with equipment and staff, a driver, expenses, travel, etc etc for the rest of her days on this planet. Usually assumed to be worth six figures of taxpayers' money.

ICAC and its actions will be a key part of the answer. The Maguire issue is the pointy end. A new follow-up question arises: given that ICAC has been responsible for the exit of two NSW premiers to date, dare it be responsible for a third?
ICAC has confirmed that it is investigating GB (aka The Armenian):

The Commission is investigating whether, between 2012 and 2018, the Hon Gladys Berejiklian MP engaged in conduct that:

- constituted or involved a breach of public trust by exercising public functions in circumstances where she was in a position of conflict between her public duties and her private interest as a person who was in a personal relationship with the then NSW Member of Parliament, Mr Daryl Maguire, in connection with: grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Australian Clay Target Association Inc in 2016/2017; and grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Riverina Conservatorium of Music in Wagga Wagga in 2018; and/or

- constituted or involved the partial exercise of any of her official functions, in connection with: grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Australian Clay Target Association Inc in 2016/2017; grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Riverina Conservatorium of Music in Wagga Wagga in 2018; and/or

constituted or involved the dishonest or partial exercise of any of her official functions and/or a breach of public trust by refusing to exercise her duty pursuant to section 11 of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 to report any matter that she suspected on reasonable grounds concerned or may concern corrupt conduct in relation to the conduct of Mr Maguire; and/or was liable to allow or encourage the occurrence of corrupt conduct by Mr Maguire.
Old 30-09-2021, 19:48   #1235

Quote:
ICAC has confirmed that it is investigating GB (aka The Armenian)
Snap press conference announced in SYD in 15 minutes. Stay tuned. This may be the third NSW premier whose term has been terminated by ICAC.
Old 30-09-2021, 20:05   #1236

Quote:
Snap press conference announced in SYD in 15 minutes. Stay tuned. This may be the third NSW premier whose term has been terminated by ICAC.
The Armenian has resigned as premier of NSW.
Old 30-09-2021, 20:06   #1237
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

She's gone!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 30-09-2021, 20:08   #1238

Scotty won't be happy, she cut across his big presser.
Old 30-09-2021, 20:09   #1239

I guess this why her federal mentors are running scared and resisting a federal ICAC.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 30-09-2021, 20:55   #1240

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

... Quick questionaire... Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1633060282137.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	246211
Old 30-09-2021, 21:19   #1241

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
... Quick questionaire... Attachment 246211

A quick question, who or what is UNITY and why are they producing this questionaire, is it religious or political?

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 30-09-2021, 21:21   #1242

Quote:
Quick answer to question 10 - NO.

Couldn't be bothered fact checking the others since the big one (Q10) is wrong.

Read more if you are bothered enough to get facts rather than posting fiction.
https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-b...ne-fetal-cells
Old 30-09-2021, 21:35   #1243

Having heard a little bit of Scotty's wiffle waffle just before he was so rudely interupted by Gladys I reckon an election before Christmas.
He said international borders would be open by end of year - thats got the Pilbara/Bali vote.
Said that we would be able to sing in church - thats got his base and Jen covered.
There was a bit of other feel good populist stuff - I wasn't really paying attention.
He had already pissed off the French - that works on all Australians
Old 30-09-2021, 21:35   #1244

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:

Please take this nonsense to some other thread. This thread is mostly rational.
Old 30-09-2021, 21:40   #1245

Quote:
...XXx**XX
Look Sport, I really don't give a monkey's what you believe in but stop trying to force it on me.
You are worse than those religious zealots that come door knocking - at least I can set the dogs on them.

So be a good chap and just go away.

Tags
Australia