Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 17:32   #1321
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Careful, this is how the trolls get a thread shut down...
If it isn't trolling then I am actually interested where they found these "alternative facts"!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 02-10-2021, 19:33   #1322

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
If it isn't trolling then I am actually interested where they found these "alternative facts"!
Mate, I am sure that the info is kosher, most likely came from a mate down at the maskless pub who got it from his aunts cousin so it must be true.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 02-10-2021, 19:52   #1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Good question [IDK]!

Just how many remains to be seen, but studies like Gupta et al [1] should continue to explore these avenues, and help scientists, medical practitioners, and the general public, to better understand the role of vaccinations in not only preventing illness and hospitalization, ed in the journal Health Affairs, estimates that, by the second week of May 2021, the early COVID-19 vaccination campaign, in the United States, had prevented almost 140,000 [139,393] deaths.
On average, US states experienced a reduction of 5 deaths per 10,000 people.
In addition, it may have prevented nearly 3 million cases of the disease.

[1] "Vaccinations Against COVID-19 May Have Averted Up To 140,000 Deaths In The United States” ~ by Sumedha Gupta et al
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10...aff.2021.00619

The coordinated and rapid COVID-19 vaccination campaign, launched in the United States late last year, has saved some 279,000 lives and prevented 1.25 million hospitalizations [from October 1, 2020, through July 1, 2021], a new study [2], led by the Yale School of Public Health (YSPH) finds.

[2] “Deaths and Hospitalizations Averted by Rapid U.S. Vaccination Rollout”
https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pub...nation-rollout
https://news.yale.edu/2021/07/08/us-...ovid-19-deaths
Thanks to President trump and his "WARP SPEED" Program
Old 02-10-2021, 19:53   #1324

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

https://youtu.be/RfKKQJ62r1k

Great interview about efficacy, sideeffects,...
Follow the science...
Old 02-10-2021, 22:51   #1325

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

just been reading the new rules that will apply once nsw reaches 80% fully vaccinated

under 'Shopping & personal services'...item # 3

"•Intimate services (including strip clubs, sex on premises and sex services) reopen with density limits of 1 person per 4sqm."

does anyone else see the problem here ? 1 person per 4sqm...in my experience it usually takes at least 2...

hope they get this sorted out !!

cheers,
Old 02-10-2021, 22:56   #1326

Wotname,

Not fiction. An Oz news conference where a high ranking official very clearly said these things. Do a search as they are taking links down.

And why is the troll brought up anytime there is an inconvenience? To Truth.

Do a search for ytube Dr. John Campbell who has done an India Ivermectin vid. By the way, the new wonder drugs by merck and pfizer are rebranded ivermectin.

Lots of suppressed stories of how to not get cancer and treat cancer as well.

Look to see the same story of corruption play out across the world as leaders are arrested for their greedy policies. The gig is out of the bag. Too much evidence that can no longer be suppressed. Countries are opening up and word is eu will be ending shots and passport soon.

Let me add,

Those who pushed the shots should consider getting a new identity and face. When the full details of what has been happening is made clear, many who lost loved ones will be seeking retribution.
Old 02-10-2021, 23:04   #1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat jam View Post
Wotname,

Not fiction. An Oz news conference where a high ranking official very clearly said these things. Do a search as they are taking links down.

Do a search for ytube Dr. John Campbell who has done an India Ivermectin vid. By the way, the new wonder drugs by merck and pfizer are rebranded ivermectin.

Look to see the same story of corruption play out across the world as leaders are arrested for their greedy policies. The gig is out of the bag. Too much evidence that can no longer be suppressed. Countries are opening up and word is eu will be ending shots and passport soon.

Let me add,

Those who pushed the shots should consider getting a new identity and face. When the full details of what has been happening is made clear, many who lost loved ones will be seeking retribution.
Links or actual sources thanks or it didn't happen.

No obscure claims of some high ranking official (a description that is never really used here in Aus) or claims of some other obscure countries, a direct link to a verifiable and reputable source thanks.

Old 02-10-2021, 23:12   #1328
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Wotname,

Let me add,

Those who pushed the shots should consider getting a new identity and fauce. When the full details of what has been happening is made clear, many who lost loved ones will be seeking retribution.
More regurgitated internet troll nonsense in that quote

Quote:
Click to copy
Pfizer’s new pill to prevent COVID-19 is not the same as ivermectin
By The Associated Press
October 1, 2021
CLAIM: Pfizer’s new pill to treat COVID-19 is just ivermectin repackaged.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Ivermectin and the drug being tested to treat COVID-19 are structurally different. As one infectious disease expert said, “The only way they are alike is that they are both pills.”

THE FACTS: After news broke that Pfizer had reached a new phase of testing on its antiviral drug to prevent COVID-19, social media posts began circulating suggesting that it was nothing more than ivermectin repackaged.

Ivermectin, an inexpensive drug used to kill parasites, has been falsely touted as a treatment for COVID-19. The FDA and medical experts warn against the use of ivermectin to treat the disease. Large studies testing the drug against COVID-19 are ongoing.

Social media users have coined the term “Pfizermectin” in their posts claiming that ivermectin and Pfizer’s new oral antiviral, PF-07321332, are the same drug. According to Pfizer, the drug is being tested in combination with the HIV drug ritonavir in a study on 2,660 people.

There is no relationship at all between the two drugs, said Dr. William A Petri, professor of infectious diseases at the University of Virginia.

“The only way they are alike is that they are both pills,” Petri said.

Dr. Kevin J. Downes, assistant professor of pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, agreed, “They are dramatically different molecules. The drugs are different in their structure and their molecular size.”

The drug being studied by Pfizer acts as a protease inhibitor, which prevents a virus from replicating. Other protease inhibitor drugs helped revolutionize the treatment of HIV.
Old 02-10-2021, 23:41   #1329

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

For Australia only these drugs are allowed to be used,
link is here: https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19/covid-19-treatments

and copied here, bummer this forum does not allow tables to be displayed properly, I have added he bolding and underlining of the three categories

Treatments that have been provisionally approved by the TGA
Effective date Sponsor Name
10 July 2020 Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd remdesivir (VEKLURY)
20 August 2021 GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd sotrovimab (XEVUDY)

Effective date Sponsor Name Regulatory status
27 September 2021 Roche Products Pty Ltd tocilizumab (ACTEMRA) Provisional determination granted
20 August 2021 Celltrion Healthcare Australia Pty Ltd regdanvimab (TBA) Under evaluation
20 August 2021 Roche Products Pty Ltd casirivimab + imdevimab (RONAPREVE) Under evaluation
9 August 2021 Merck Sharp and Dohme (Australia) Pty Ltd molnupiravir (TBA) Under evaluation
13 April 2021 GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd sotrovimab (XEVUDY) Provisionally approved on 20 August 2021
6 July 2020 Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd remdesivir (VEKLURY) Provisionally approved on 10 July 2020

Sponsor Name Further information
Celltrion Healthcare Australia Pty Ltd regdanvimab (TBA) Provisional determination notice
Roche Products Pty Ltd casirivimab + imdevimab (RONAPREVE) Provisional determination notice
Merck Sharp & Dohme (Australia) Pty Ltd molnupiravir (TBA) Provisional determination notice
Old 03-10-2021, 00:59   #1330
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
the new wonder drugs by merck and pfizer are rebranded ivermectin ...
What would lead you to believe that bullroar?
Who is the source, and what evidence do they provide, to support their claim?

Fake news creators count on the fact that most people don’t bother to read beyond the viral headline message, or fact check before sharing.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:15   #1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
What would lead you to believe that bullroar?
Who is the source, and what evidence do they provide, to support their claim?

Fake news creators count on the fact that most people don’t bother to read beyond the viral headline message, or fact check before sharing.

Or apparently the intellectually impaired.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:28   #1332

Boat: Farr 43`

Seaworthy Lass

The approval process for all drugs in Australia starts with provisional approval.
There is no emergency approval process.

The provisional status was introduced after the Thalidomide fiasco.

It is designed to ensure ongoing active monitoring of all drugs.

The TGA (Theraputic Goods Administration) has a history of being conservative as well as withdrawing or suspending the sale of drugs.

Unlike the FDA the TGA is respected by the community.

Your focus on the word "provisional" through the filter of your own cultural horror story is alarmist and shows little insight to the reality of living in Australia and Covid.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33   #1333

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Let me add,

Do a search for a zerohedge article,

I Sparticus

It is a well researched and fully verified paper surmised to be a group of scientists. It is really tye full factual story.

Zero Hedge, owned by a Bulgarian oligarch, is a notorious purveyor of conspiracy theories and pseudo-science. A totally non-credible source for this kind of information; see: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/.

The story about the Pfizer anti-covid drug being just rebranded Invermectin is simple and obvious nonsense, whipped up on the basis only that the Invermectin belongs to the same general class of drugs -- it is a protease inhibitor like many anti-virual and anti-parasite drugs.

That's like saying Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 are the same, just because they are both vitamins.

This story has been thoroughly debunked. Just one example: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pf...in-covid-drug/
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 03-10-2021, 02:37   #1334
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Wotname, i imagine among your oz network someone would have seen or heard of the press conference.
Don't even need to find press conference, here is the facts from the organisation (NSW ICAC) doing the investigating. Note there is NOTHING about Covid/Lockdowns/ Big Pharma etc.

Short version from the horse's mouth -
The Commission is investigating whether, between 2012 and 2018, the Hon Gladys Berejiklian MP engaged in conduct that:

constituted or involved a breach of public trust by exercising public functions in circumstances where she was in a position of conflict between her public duties and her private interest as a person who was in a personal relationship with the then NSW Member of Parliament, Mr Daryl Maguire, in connection with: grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Australian Clay Target Association Inc in 2016/2017; and grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Riverina Conservatorium of Music in Wagga Wagga in 2018; and/or
constituted or involved the partial exercise of any of her official functions, in connection with: grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Australian Clay Target Association Inc in 2016/2017; grant funding promised and/or awarded to the Riverina Conservatorium of Music in Wagga Wagga in 2018; and/or
constituted or involved the dishonest or partial exercise of any of her official functions and/or a breach of public trust by refusing to exercise her duty pursuant to section 11 of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 to report any matter that she suspected on reasonable grounds concerned or may concern corrupt conduct in relation to the conduct of Mr Daryl Maguire; and/or
was liable to allow or encourage the occurrence of corrupt conduct by Mr Maguire.

See more here https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/media-ce...public-inquiry

And for a media report see https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...ined/100507412

This should tell you that the source you heard the other fiction from cannot be trusted. If they got this wrong, they are probably getting almost everything else wrong.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 03-10-2021, 02:47   #1335

So u use mainstream sources that are blocking the truth. Great. I saw the actual news story vid. Not fake. Your life. And your fate. Enjoy.

Zerohedge used to be the foremost financial website until recently where it has become a bit of a rag. It used to be and may still he frequented by the financial heavyweights. It was the go to financial news site. Been there since its inception.

The article is submitted by a group of scientists. The bulgarian former banker guy sold it many years ago. If you are not even going to read the article - which has been verified by scientists as accurate - there really is no helping you. And i know you do not like me as you always try to reem me any chance you get ever since the battery fiascal where you buds got their wires crossed. If you are not going to be fair - doing your homework - then everyone will see it for what it is.

Tags
Australia