Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2021, 05:53   #1351

Re: The Reality of Living in Australia and Covid

Dockhead,

You ae very selective in what you write making ZH appear like a conspiracy site when it used to be the foremost financial site "that broke groundbreaking financial news" that some very important financial big names used to post comments on.

Have you read the entire 17 pages of pdf with all the citations and supporting docs? Do u not have any people in your cirlce who are microbiologists, scientists without incentives to allow an accurate examination?

Listen i get it - u guys want the shot so please make sure to book your boosters. I applaud it. Now i know why the very well know boat designer left. Cheerios
Old 03-10-2021, 07:46   #1352

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat jam View Post
Dockhead,

You ae very selective in what you write making ZH appear like a conspiracy site when it used to be the foremost financial site "that broke groundbreaking financial news" that some very important financial big names used to post comments on.

Have you read the entire 17 pages of pdf with all the citations and supporting docs? Do u not have any people in your cirlce who are microbiologists, scientists without incentives to allow an accurate examination?

Listen i get it - u guys want the shot so please make sure to book your boosters. I applaud it. Now i know why the very well know boat designer left. Cheerios

I am a lawyer and financial professional and perfectly well know Zero Hedge, which was NEVER the, or even a "foremost financial site". In older days there used to be some semi-interesting Austrian School perspectives on the world of finance but then the site was slowly taken over by tin foil hat types and is now hardly anything but a source of disinformation, conspiracy theories, stories about impending economic collapse, etc..

I did read the paper and it's utter rubbish. A large number of cites may create the appearance of seriousness to the naive, but does not create seriousness itself, which is entirely lacking here. Really, mind control nano-particles, vast conspiracies, give me a break.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 03-10-2021, 07:52   #1353

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Guys, please stop giving oxygen to the paranoid nutters. This thread is far too valuable for this sort of rubbish to shut it down.

There have been some really thought provoking ideas posted here, making me think hard about where my own values fit in what we face.

Although I have disagreed with much of what has been written, most of it is well argued and is at least making me think and challenging my comfort zone.. . .

That's really good

I'm really pleased that we seem to have learned to have much more civilised conversations about the pandemic than we were having a year ago. Reason starts to prevail and some people have even gotten their intellectual curiosity back .
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Walt Whitman
Old 03-10-2021, 09:24   #1354

Dockhead,

Are you expecting us to take u seriously? First, there is no way you could have digested the contents of the paper in such a short time. Second, you do not have the background to understand or determine the contents within the paper. As i said, it has been verified to be correct by people in the fields represented within. What you have shown us is your nature to glance and make specious statements based on your biases.

As a mod, very poor form!

Edit to add,

If u have been reading ZH for so long why would u have to look it up on wiki? Telling fibs does not go well with credibility here.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:58   #1355

Boat: ISLAND PACKET SP CRUISER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
Trust your government...Gladys Berejiklian from New South Wales resigns after exposed being given 10s of millions $ by AstraZeneca..Pfeizer to drive Covid policy.
Yes...your politicians and big Pharma are your friends. Do not question and follow their science blindly... obey...or you will be arrested and labeled as a flatearther and spreader.
For the record I really do not what the truth is any more since there are so many billions of dollars at stake. Whatever happened to questioning authority...specially big pharma and politicians? Now if you question you are labeled...kicked off twitter...youtube. Protect your freedoms while you can.
abe

I dont know what you are smoking, but if I give you the money can you get me some?

You get kicked off twitter and other social media platforms for speading Fake News and false information.

Ask the Donald - he knows how that bit works.......................
Old 03-10-2021, 10:04   #1356

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Dockhead,

Are you expecting us to take u seriously? First, there is no way you could have digested the contents of the paper in such a short time. Second, you do not have the background to understand or determine the contents within the paper. As i said, it has been verified to be correct by people in the fields represented within. What you have shown us is your nature to glance and make specious statements based on your biases.

As a mod, very poor form!

Edit to add,

If u have been reading ZH for so long why would u have to look it up on wiki? Telling fibs does not go well with credibility here.

Who is "us"?

I read the "paper", and even glanced over the cites. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Of course I digested it. There's not much of anything to digest. I have quite enough knowledge to grasp the silly ideas expressed therein -- toxic spike protein, mind control nano-particles, and other well-known nonsense -- not the first time we've seen such rubbish.

And again, "verified"? What in the world are you talking about? Verified by whom? As to what? "Correct people"? What "correct people"? Nonsense.

You are welcome to believe what you like -- it's a free country. Some people believe the earth is flat and some people believe that the moon landings were faked, and others believe the world is run by "Illuminati". Just don't expect anyone to treat such views seriously just because they are put into an anonymous letter dressed up with pseudo-scientific jargon and volumes of irrelevant citations.

Quote:
Edit to add,

What in the world are you even talking about?
Walt Whitman
Old 03-10-2021, 15:07   #1357

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Guys, please stop giving oxygen to the paranoid nutters. This thread is far too valuable for this sort of rubbish to shut it down.

There have been some really thought provoking ideas posted here, making me think hard about where my own values fit in what we face.

Although I have disagreed with much of what has been written, most of it is well argued and is at least making me think and challenging my comfort zone.

The turnips with paranoid agendas can be ignored, they are just the static crashes on the HF radio of informed and intelligent discourse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191106-WA0002.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	246374

cheers,
Old 03-10-2021, 18:53   #1358

Boat: Westerly Sealord

So while there is no compulsion or mandate on Victorian students to get vaccinated they have - along with other young people - been getting tested. The result?

'Dozens of Victorian year 12 students will be unable to sit the General Assessment Test on Tuesday after testing positive to COVID-19 as health authorities revealed almost half of the state’s latest ( ie Yesterday's )coronavirus cases were under the age of 30.

Deputy Premier and Education Minister James Merlino said 33 of Monday’s coronavirus cases were students who had tested positive for the virus as part of the push for students to get tested before sitting the GAT.'

“The Department of Education is contacting these students and letting them know that they cannot sit the GAT, and we’ll make arrangements for how they can sit their exams at a later stage.”
Mr Merlino said 45 per cent of Monday’s new local COVID-19 cases were aged between 10 and 29.'
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...04-p58wwc.html

Inevitable really with over 80% of the over 45s in the state now at least single vaxxed.
Old 03-10-2021, 19:45   #1359

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
Trust your government...Gladys Berejiklian from New South Wales resigns after exposed being given 10s of millions $ by AstraZeneca..Pfeizer to drive Covid policy.
Yes...your politicians and big Pharma are your friends. Do not question and follow their science blindly... obey...or you will be arrested and labeled as a flatearther and spreader.
For the record I really do not what the truth is any more since there are so many billions of dollars at stake. Whatever happened to questioning authority...specially big pharma and politicians? Now if you question you are labeled...kicked off twitter...youtube. Protect your freedoms while you can.
abe
Sorry Sailing Babe but your statements are completely wrong. The resignation and potential of corruption has nothing whatsoever to do with AstaZeneca in fact nothing to do with Covid at all.

Gladys Berejiklian resigned because there is an inquiry about funding approval of land development projects in Wagawaga. And it's very much a maybe.
Old 03-10-2021, 20:47   #1360

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Nano particles ?
Borg?
Old 03-10-2021, 22:33   #1361

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucksta View Post
Seaworthy Lass

The approval process for all drugs in Australia starts with provisional approval.
There is no emergency approval process.

The provisional status was introduced after the Thalidomide fiasco.

It is designed to ensure ongoing active monitoring of all drugs.

The TGA (Theraputic Goods Administration) has a history of being conservative as well as withdrawing or suspending the sale of drugs.

Unlike the FDA the TGA is respected by the community.
I do not think your comments regarding provisional approval are correct. Do you have any links from the TGA to back this up?

This is from the TGA’s “Prescription medicines registration process”:
https://www.tga.gov.au/prescription-...ration-process

Provisional approval is one of two ways a drug can be fast-tracked in Australia:
2.4.5 Priority review pathway. A shorter approval process (3 months shorter than usual)
2.4.6 Provisional approval pathway. Granted on the basis of preliminary clinical data, where there is the potential for a substantial benefit to Australian patients. This enables a time limited registration of a drug based on preliminary clinical data.

—————————-

This explains the two fast track pathways in more detail:
https://www.nps.org.au/australian-pr...erience-so-far

——————————
With clinical trials incomplete, Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine received provisional approval valid for two years. It is “subject to certain strict conditions, such as the requirement for Pfizer to continue providing information to the TGA on longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment.

The original provisional approval in January 2021 was for ages 16+:
https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release...vid-19-vaccine

In July 2021 the TGA granted provisional approval for ages 12+:
https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vacc...ears-and-older

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucksta View Post
Your focus on the word "provisional" through the filter of your own cultural horror story is alarmist and shows little insight to the reality of living in Australia and Covid.
I am not sure what “cultural horror story” you are referring to. A search confirms I have not used the adjective “horror” at all in this thread. I have mainly tried to present opinions and data without adding too many colourful adjectives (the odd one may slip through ).

As for having little insight, I admit I haven’t been home during the pandemic. I am happy to be corrected if impressions gained from government documents and data plus daily contact with family and close friends living in various states (and from reading this thread) are flawed.

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 03-10-2021, 23:27   #1362

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2746.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	246391
Old 03-10-2021, 23:35   #1363
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

A million dollars on offer...plus other enticements for Aussie vaccinators

https://milliondollarvax.com

and

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...20-%2020211004
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 03-10-2021, 23:54   #1364

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

I need to make a correction to an earlier statement.

I have found a study published in 2017 involving a trial of 101 participants for a rabies mRNA vaccine. It presented “results of the first-in-human proof-of-concept clinical trial in healthy adults of a prophylactic mRNA-based vaccine encoding rabies virus glycoprotein”:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28754494/

Apologies for my misleading comment that the very first human trials were last year.

SWL

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 04-10-2021, 00:07   #1365

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
I need to make a correction to an earlier statement.

I have found a study published in 2017 involving a trial of 101 participants for a rabies mRNA vaccine. It presented “results of the first-in-human proof-of-concept clinical trial in healthy adults of a prophylactic mRNA-based vaccine encoding rabies virus glycoprotein”:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28754494/

Apologies for my misleading comment that the very first human trials were last year.

SWL
Although injected into humans for study earlier. 2007
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17476302/

Tags
Australia