Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2020, 17:36   #1546
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Yeah right

When the vaccine's been around long enough to allay your lingering fears about it, and proof of vaccination is required for most travel and border-crossing (including cruising), you will suddenly go quiet on the subject and get your jab.

I bet the same goes for most of the fair-weather libertarians on CF. "Hmmm... travel has opened up...the Caribbean, or my basement again? Jab me!"
Words of wisdom spoken by LE, a proponent for the new world order.

Here is the full text of a good book that made a big impression on me years ago when I first read it. An eye opener. It is about the true origin of AIDS and is contrary to what we have been told. I am sure that you will say he has no credibility. I find it very interesting.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/fef...95265183a8.pdf
Here is a more recent video by the author of that book: CoronaVirus Predictive Programming by Dr. Leonard Horowitz. You guys should work harder to get this stuff banned! Do you want the public to get the wrong idea?
Old 08-12-2020, 17:36   #1547
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Have I missed something re the BioNTec vaccine?

I see the Trump person is banging on about its development and production by the Pfizer/BioNTec team was all down to him.... for starters I was of the belief that Pfizer was not a part of the warpedspeed business.

I am also of the belief that it was devoloped by a couple of Turkish people in Germany....while he is saying it is an all american business.

He is also saying that he will invoke sundry laws to ensure that the US gets all they want before anyone else gets any....

Meanwhile the UK is getting its vaccine from a plant in Belgium and Pfizer and BioNTech have said ...
'(they have) signed contracts to supply 300 million doses of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for the European Union, 40 million doses for the United Kingdom, 100 million doses for the United States and 120 million doses for Japan, if proven effective, safe, and licensed.'

Is he telling porkies again??
Crikey Ping, don't let the facts get in the way of a good yankee yarn, the thread will die...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 08-12-2020, 17:52   #1548

Boat: Lindenberg 26 & Aloha 8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
Has anyone here become conscious of wind direction when talking to people outdoors?

I was very conscious of wind direction early on when people started talking about the virus being airborne and contagious.

Anyone else happy to find themselves upwind?
I think of this all the time when I hear experts suggesting you don't need to wear a mask outdoors. 6ft aint going to cut it if you are downwind of someone talking, coughing sneezing etc
Old 08-12-2020, 18:10   #1549

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
...He is also saying that he will invoke sundry laws to ensure that the US gets all they want before anyone else gets any....

Meanwhile the UK is getting its vaccine from a plant in Belgium and Pfizer and BioNTech have said ...

This is also where Canada is getting our initial Pfizer doses.
Old 08-12-2020, 19:03   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Words of wisdom spoken by LE, a proponent for the new world order.
I'm content with the same boring ole REAL world order, thanks just the same.

Any luck at tying all this together: 5G, plandemic, earlobes, DNA alteration, trans-humanism... or is the idea to just flit from one to another as the mood strikes?
Old 08-12-2020, 19:44   #1551
cruiser

Quote:

Any luck at tying all this together: 5G, plandemic, earlobes, DNA alteration, trans-humanism... or is the idea to just flit from one to another as the mood strikes?
I am still having trouble with the earlobes, the rest should be obvious. Maybe you are taking the wrong pill.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:12   #1552

Boat: Under construction 35' ketch (and +3 smaller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork orange View Post
I think of this all the time when I hear experts suggesting you don't need to wear a mask outdoors. 6ft aint going to cut it if you are downwind of someone talking, coughing sneezing etc
Anyone who has been on a camp fire should know better. If there's any kind of wind the safest place not get smoked is side of the wind. Up wind you get most of the smoke with the vortex on your lee..
Old 09-12-2020, 10:26   #1553
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyDiver View Post
Anyone who has been on a camp fire should know better. If there's any kind of wind the safest place not get smoked is side of the wind. Up wind you get most of the smoke with the vortex on your lee..
Only if you're very close to the fire, and/or it's not a strong wind.

When there’s a steady wind, the obvious (& correct) move is to sit upwind of the fire.
If the wind is moving around, the lower and further you are from the fire, the less likely you will get a face full of smoke.
If you are too close to a fire, and standing or sitting high over it, you may get smoke, no matter the wind direction. As the wind passes around you, it naturally creates a zone of low pressure, which will draw the smoke towards you. If this happens, then you want to get further away from the fire. Finally, you can make a sort of decoy to attract the smoke. A very large log or tall stone near the fire will create a similar effect and pull the smoke to some degree.

Hence your, partly incorrect, observation wouldn't likely apply to the situation, under discussion.
Maintain your distance, and stand up wind, for your own protection.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:56   #1554

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:

Saw this the other day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_16074098908900736.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	228358  
Old 09-12-2020, 12:21   #1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I am still having trouble with the earlobes, the rest should be obvious. Maybe you are taking the wrong pill.

Easy: my wife has noted that you can tell the bad guys in Tv and movies because they do not have earlobes.

Hope that helps...
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 09-12-2020, 12:23   #1556
cruiser

First he has them, then he doesn't.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:49   #1557
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Have I missed something re the BioNTec vaccine?

I see the Trump person is banging on about its development and production by the Pfizer/BioNTec team was all down to him.... for starters I was of the belief that Pfizer was not a part of the warpedspeed business.

I am also of the belief that it was devoloped by a couple of Turkish people in Germany....while he is saying it is an all american business.

He is also saying that he will invoke sundry laws to ensure that the US gets all they want before anyone else gets any....

'(they have) signed contracts to supply 300 million doses of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for the European Union, 40 million doses for the United Kingdom, 100 million doses for the United States and 120 million doses for Japan, if proven effective, safe, and licensed.'

Is he telling porkies again??
He won the election too, remember
Old 10-12-2020, 01:21   #1558
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

So the Vaccine (Pfizer) was so well tested that they didn't even know that people with allergies should not take it, but hey 10 months is more than enough to test these things - Yeah Right.

Let the games begin
Old 10-12-2020, 02:47   #1559
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

who would have thought, all those people that died from anaphalactic shock in the past could have been saved by a small injection of adrenaline
Old 10-12-2020, 03:37   #1560

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So the Vaccine (Pfizer) was so well tested that they didn't even know that people with allergies should not take it, but hey 10 months is more than enough to test these things - Yeah Right.
If you spend a bit of time outside of your echo chamber, and get the full news, you'll see the actual story is a bit more nuanced.