Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2020, 16:45   #1726

Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
You may actually be right, but it is pretty difficult to work with someone that steadfastly refuses to even respond to attempts to enter into dialogue on any outstanding issues.
Now is the time that meaningful dialogue, however difficult, would have been the best outcome for all, especially the Chinese Government, in that it would appear to all that they were in fact interested in identifying the original source of of the virus and working with the rest of the developed world towards a resolution.
Treating others with absolute contempt is never a successful tactic, especially on a national level.
Very true, the twitter antics of the Chinese diplomat was probably allowed to test Australia's reaction. He will probably be a scapegoat when the two countries get over this thing.

China has always backed the WHO's search into the virus origins. But at least skynews watchers will say WHO is a Chinese puppet, maybe true, maybe not.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...avirus-origins
Old 13-12-2020, 17:10   #1727

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
No, those 290 mostly all had the 2.5 co morbidities which are the real cause of death.
In the US the big "comorbidity" for Covid death is to be Black, American Indian or Hispanic.
Old 13-12-2020, 17:37   #1728

Well, no - I really don't think so. I'm sure that just like in Canada in the US the "comorbidity" is to be poor. As to the correlation twixt being a "visible minority" and being poor, I'm pretty sure we can all work that out for ourselves.

TP
Old 13-12-2020, 20:11   #1729

Boat: Seawind

Your clueless on the vaccine protocol. Strains change needing additional poison vaccinations.
Old 13-12-2020, 20:19   #1730

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lace View Post
Your clueless on the vaccine protocol. Strains change needing additional poison vaccinations.

Ahh, Captn my captn, keep on drinking the kool aid, you'll be ok.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 13-12-2020, 21:08   #1731
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Ahh, Captn my captn, keep on drinking the kool aid, you'll be ok.

I think what he was trying to say is that this is 2 Jabs a year or maybe every 6 months for life.
Old 13-12-2020, 21:16   #1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
In the US the big "comorbidity" for Covid death is to be Black, American Indian or Hispanic.
Uhhh no.

It’s being a land yacht, being 100yrs old, etc etc

I give ya a 5/10 on your attempt at being “edgy”
Old 13-12-2020, 22:40   #1733

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
Uhhh no.

It’s being a land yacht, being 100yrs old, etc etc

I give ya a 5/10 on your attempt at being “edgy”
The 3 groups I mentioned have a 2.6x to 2.8x higher death rate and a 3.7x to 4.1x higher hospitalization rate than white, non-hispanic. These are actual statistics rather than the risk of being in a land yacht.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ethnicity.html
Of course if the stats don't match your opinion then by all means ignore them and make up other stats. Or perhaps declare these stats as more proof that you are at low risk, so who cares.
Old 13-12-2020, 23:20   #1734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
The 3 groups I mentioned have a 2.6x to 2.8x higher death rate and a 3.7x to 4.1x higher hospitalization rate than white, non-hispanic. These are actual statistics rather than the risk of being in a land yacht.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ethnicity.html
Of course if the stats don't match your opinion then by all means ignore them and make up other stats. Or perhaps declare these stats as more proof that you are at low risk, so who cares.
That's actually interesting because obesity rates are about the same for white, Hispanic and black.

I doubt many are 100 though. Especially those in the black community. Asian Americans live the longest (86.3 years), followed by Latinos (81.9 years), whites (78.6 years), Native Americans (77.4 years), and African Americans (75.0 years).

Maybe a couple Asian centenarians. My grandaunt died this year from non covid related causes at 102.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adu...s%20(17.4%25).

Interesting piece on food deserts. But the sad thing is some communities dont want a whole foods or trader joes to come in because they see it as gentrification....really bad vicious cycle.

If you cant get a le Croix you probably cant get health services either.

Old 14-12-2020, 00:15   #1735

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
You may actually be right, but it is pretty difficult to work with someone that steadfastly refuses to even respond to attempts to enter into dialogue on any outstanding issues.
Now is the time that meaningful dialogue, however difficult, would have been the best outcome for all, especially the Chinese Government, in that it would appear to all that they were in fact interested in identifying the original source of of the virus and working with the rest of the developed world towards a resolution.
Treating others with absolute contempt is never a successful tactic, especially on a national level.
It must suck for the western world to be treated the same way as they have treated others for so very long.
Old 14-12-2020, 00:18   #1736

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Unfortunately I think the China issue will be the thing that divides Australia much like race politics has divided the US. Anyone who wants to work with China is going to be called a Chinese stooge, so the politicians will put on a strong show for the masses. It's easier to sell CANZUK to the masses.
It won't divide Australia, most Australians have already made up their minds "China are the bad guys", I've been back 8 weeks and I hear this daily. It's scary to me how quickly my fellow aussies have adopted this narrative, other than mainstream news headlines , very few have taken the time to question the narrative and look into it abit further.

I've recently read a couple of books on the new silk roads initiative, the infrastructure program is massive and involves alot of countries, I personally thing we need to show some diplomacy and try to seek a working relationship rather than just do what the US tells us to do, as Simi said, we are basically part of Asia, probably best to play nice , we will lose, not China....not to mention they buy 30%+ of our exports.

I find it hilarious when aussies talk about the chinese base being built in the south China sea, that's one base, no one mentions the US base at Chagos or ascension island , not to mention the other 800+ bases around the world....but that's different, right?
Old 14-12-2020, 00:19   #1737

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
It must suck for the western world to be treated the same way as they have treated others for so very long.
But we're the good guys[emoji16]
Old 14-12-2020, 00:26   #1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Essentially you are correct, however that doesn't assist the resolution of an increasingly detrimental impasse, both sides NEED to enter into meaningful dialogue to continue future prosperity.

Old 14-12-2020, 00:37   #1739

****.....it's 1996 all over again.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...ration/7645578

I think that was around the time my dad and I got verbally abused in Cooma walking down the street.

CSIRO sure got swamped by asians.........and a russian?

Old 14-12-2020, 00:46   #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
****.....it's 1996 all over again.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...ration/7645578

I think that was around the time my dad and I got verbally abused in Cooma walking down the street.

Yep, sad to see that red headed dope ranting about that which she knows nothing again, hope she withers into the ether never to be seen again.