Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2020, 17:53   #751
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: U.S. too close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
No such thing as "right of way" under the Colregs, Wottie! There, I said it. But only because someone else would have said it if I hadn't.
The term was used intentionally ; 'cause this thread reminds of the 'right of way' v 'stand on' arguments' in the colreg threads.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-11-2020, 18:00   #752

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
To extent this theme...

Plenty of arsonists found in the fire brigade, plenty of villains in the police, plenty of law breakers among the lawyers... so let's keelhaul all of these groups and then cut them adrift - life will grand then eh. Hang on, DH is a lawyer but he's OK so he can still crew on the good ship CF.

Anyone who doesn't like what Captain Mike orders can jump ship also.

The captain will ensure discipline aboard and crew will respect him for it. When Captain Mike orders 'all hands on deck lads, get aloft and reef smartly' no one will ask why or argue the toss; even at 3am!

And should some single hander hove into sight pressing his right of way yelling "starboard", Captain Mike will take his stern 'cause it's that is what is required under the colregs.

As the storms wax and wane, life abroad CF is fine.

I think I'm amused .

Community and collective engagement & responsibility is not some sort balance sheet of actions. You don't get to speed down the highway today just because you drove under the speed limit yesterday. And no, you aren't justified in ignoring public health measures just because you pay your taxes.
Old 21-11-2020, 18:19   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Are you suggesting leaders can be hypocrites? Say it isn't so .

BTW, I hope you express the same view towards, oh I dunno, your police department, the fire brigade, the services who maintain your roads and highways, the institutions that protect your food and drug supplies, and yes, the military.

Let me know how this "take responsibility for yourself and protect yourself" plan works out with all these, and so much more.
The police have no duty to protect you per the Supreme Court.

In my area fire is a long enough response time that it’s a containment situation by the time they arrive

EMS is similar.

If you have a kitchen fire, get your arm ripped off, or someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night, you are your first and last line of defense, and how you handle yourself is mostly going to judge the outcome.
Old 21-11-2020, 18:35   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You may be wrong on this one, have a look at:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...OVfTLGwvhMHR_c

So read into that what you want, but for me it puts the whole question of the original origin (country) of the virus into question, as well as how long has the virus REALLY been around, which will make a big difference to all that data floating around.

Lol, or it came from the the same town that was researching covid viruses, where a paper was even written years ago about this type of thing possibly occurring. I guess this is a better pitch than China trying to blame the US army lol
Old 21-11-2020, 18:41   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You may be wrong on this one, have a look at:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...OVfTLGwvhMHR_c

So read into that what you want, but for me it puts the whole question of the original origin (country) of the virus into question, as well as how long has the virus REALLY been around, which will make a big difference to all that data floating around.

Counter to that would be the Italians were just bought out by the CCP to spread communist propaganda. Stamp that on anything and half of the country will believe it.
Old 21-11-2020, 19:41   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Counter to that would be the Italians were just bought out by the CCP to spread communist propaganda. Stamp that on anything and half of the country will believe it.
Why would people be wiling to believe China would do such a thing?
Old 21-11-2020, 19:53   #757

It’s a lot more believable than a lot of the things people choose to believe in. Thats for damn sure. 🤭
Old 21-11-2020, 20:00   #758
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post

My point was this could have started anywhere and at some point a very long time before the media started jumping up and down about it. Or the CCP are just trying to take over the world
Old 21-11-2020, 20:04   #759

Everyones has a go at it at one time or another right..... humans.
Old 21-11-2020, 20:51   #760
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
So I get sick, >99% maybe feel sick and get over it, or not even feel sick and get over it.

In the US we are very protective of our freedoms, we are a nation born from revolution from tyranny, thinking we are going to give up their freedoms at home, not going to happen, lets call it cultural differences

Please don’t indirectly insult many nations who were equally born from “ revolution from tyranny”, not least the country that started it all , France

You’re idea of freedoms are simply not the same as others. Your idea of freedoms are those that allow your freedoms to impinge on my health risks.

Please stop with the 99 % you’ve been shown that number is wrong (you need to look at the case mortality rate ). You also need to educate yourself to those that got a serious illness from this virus even if they didn’t die , it’s not all about death
Old 21-11-2020, 20:54   #761
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
No thanks

Thankfully the US isn’t a democracy aka mob rule, it’s a constitutional republic.

Again, if the cotton masks or those plastic face shield things and standing 6’ apart actually works, it really shouldn’t matter what I do, no one is forcing you to slow dance with me dude

Lol at the moment it’s debatable whether it’s a constitutional anything
Old 21-11-2020, 21:39   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Lol at the moment it’s debatable whether it’s a constitutional anything
France did well, though they gave up far too many rights to the crown, it does make me smile when they were protesting yellow jackets recently, sadly the balance of power is so out of wack now.

The US still has her teeth, a great example of where the power really is, look at what the government tries to regulate.
Free speech
Right to bear arms
Free travel

But in many states doesn’t even bother to check ID to vote

There is a reason all the big media and tech are so interconnected, why we see censorship for “hate speech” or “community standards”, and why the same groups who call for such things are often bed fellows of anti 2A as well as more and more invasive info gathering on our daily lives.

Why we have “dui checkpoints” which once people figured they arnt really stopping duis, didn’t go away, but just got renamed to “safety checkpoints”

Why states like NY don’t even require a ID to vote, but you all but have to beg to even own a .22 pistol, and even then, only if it pleases the crown.

Historically we didn’t vote the English away, things don’t change, and in the US our 10 basic rights were written as simply as they were, and in the order they were for a very good reason, as long as the people stand up for those rights the US will survive, we also need to ask ourselves what would the founders do, and always err on the side of freedom.

In my opinion covid was basically the re up of 9/11, yes both were very real, very sad, but also VERY over marketed and used to scare the meek into giving up more and more of their neighbors rights. What’s the thing about never let a good tragedy go to waste.
People being soo scared of covid reminds me of the lady in some tiny mid west farming town being scared of terrorists.
Old 21-11-2020, 22:49   #763
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

Well he pretty much nailed it and that goes for the rest of the Western World, probably most of the World.
Old 21-11-2020, 22:51   #764

Quote:
France did well, though they gave up far too many rights to the crown, it does make me smile when they were protesting yellow jackets recently, sadly the balance of power is so out of wack now.

The US still has her teeth, a great example of where the power really is, look at what the government tries to regulate.
Free speech
Right to bear arms
Free travel

There is a reason all the big media and tech are so interconnected, why we see censorship for “hate speech” or “community standards”, and why the same groups who call for such things are often bed fellows of anti 2A as well as more and more invasive info gathering on our daily lives.

Why we have “dui checkpoints” which once people figured they arnt really stopping duis, didn’t go away, but just got renamed to “safety checkpoints”

Why states like NY don’t even require a ID to vote, but you all but have to beg to even own a .22 pistol, and even then, only if it pleases the crown.

Historically we didn’t vote the English away, things don’t change, and in the US our 10 basic rights were written as simply as they were, and in the order they were for a very good reason, as long as the people stand up for those rights the US will survive, we also need to ask ourselves what would the founders do, and always err on the side of freedom.

In my opinion covid was basically the re up of 9/11, yes both were very real, very sad, but also VERY over marketed and used to scare the meek into giving up more and more of their neighbors rights. What’s the thing about never let a good tragedy go to waste.
People being soo scared of covid reminds me of the lady in some tiny mid west farming town being scared of terrorists.
I hope the founders would like their descendants to find their own way instead of asking what a bunch of rich elites from the 18th century would do.

Having lived in Paris for a bit I think most Parisians are happy protesting in yellow jackets instead of AR 15s. I would have thought most people would prefer that.

The best thing anyone can do when they are 18 is get a passport and backpack around the world. But apparently in some states twice as many people own guns instead of passports.
Old 21-11-2020, 22:57   #765
Nearly an old salt

U.S. too close..

Quote:

Free speech
Right to bear arms
Free travel

A post better suited to Parler then here I think

You only have to read the above to see the trouble the US is in. And your right, it may come to armed “ revolution “ again to fix the current divide

What’s said, in your post contains the same broken alt-right trumpian stuff , a mis mash of tin hat conspiracy , misplaced half facts , suspicions of experts and Re communicating known nonsense.

France by the way never restored its monarchy !

The Gillet jeune protests were a example of freedoms , such protest would of could largely be dealt with by armed force if trump had his way. Civil disobedience is a huge demonstration of a countries real attitude to freedom not simple factoids about “ free speech “

As for voter ID. “ safest election yet “ , no evidence of material fraud anywhere , virtually every legal move laughed out of court , seriously

Produce real material evidence or ....