Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2020, 19:24   #1066
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: U.S. too close..

[QUOTE=goboatingnow;3282534]

Nothing is actually unusual about Covid, corona virius are quite well understood, just this one is extremely contagious

Yes they have been researching ways to make them more virulent for years now. I think that they made some into bioweapons for their false flag plandemic!
Old 25-11-2020, 20:02   #1067

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

OMG this is a carnival carousel!! I learned a lot reading this thread. And it has given me many thoughts to ponder. But FFS stop feeding the trolls. If we can decide to not respond to fallacy then just stop! The only people left posting will be the idiots trying to goad you into posting. This is rediculous!

Back to the main subject; The US is not going to shut down. It never has. Not where I live. Just different degrees of openness. Everyone is just trying to balance safety against commerce. Some do better than others. Each state in the U.S. decides what they are willing to tolerate. But even so it doesn't look like the U.S. is closing down.
Old 25-11-2020, 21:13   #1068

What's making me crazy is the bloody TITLE!

For the love of Gawd, somebody please correct this.
Old 25-11-2020, 22:35   #1069

Boat: Alajuela 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
OMG this is a carnival carousel!! I learned a lot reading this thread. And it has given me many thoughts to ponder. But FFS stop feeding the trolls. If we can decide to not respond to fallacy then just stop! The only people left posting will be the idiots trying to goad you into posting. This is rediculous!

Back to the main subject; The US is not going to shut down. It never has. Not where I live. Just different degrees of openness. Everyone is just trying to balance safety against commerce. Some do better than others. Each state in the U.S. decides what they are willing to tolerate. But even so it doesn't look like the U.S. is closing down.

Thank you![emoji106]
Old 25-11-2020, 23:40   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post

LMFAO
Old 26-11-2020, 02:28   #1071
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post

I suppose that is dependent on where you live...
Old 26-11-2020, 02:29   #1072
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post

Felons can be nice
Old 26-11-2020, 02:41   #1073
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
globalreserch.ca, that paragon of mistruth, false facts and conspiracy theories led by that numbskull Chossudovsky , who suggested the 9/11 attacks were false flag attacks carried out by the CIA !!!!!, that IS was funded by the US ( actually indirectly true ) and that OBL was a CIA asset !!!!

seriously , reading Marvel comics would be better information

Well if you could actually be bothered to read something other than MSM and the official government line there is a serious amount of research about 9/11 that brings up some very major inconsistencies with the official line.

The trouble is, its the moronic population that run around in disbelief calling everyone conspiracy theorists and make reference again and again to tinfoil hats if they don't agree with the news that they have been spoon fed - They are all like mushrooms.....

I'm sure you believe that Putin did a similar thing in Russia which shot him into fame and power, but no, the good old USA and the West would never be so corrupt - Well what about - The Iraq War and WMD? Or was there a nuke hidden up Saddam's Arse?

FYI I saw an online video the day of 9/11 from someone passing showing the damage to the Pentagon - It was before the roof collapsed - There was a very clear circular hole and not any sign of an aircraft - Those engines just do not disintegrate and as for the wings.......
Old 26-11-2020, 06:47   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Well if you could actually be bothered to read something other than MSM and the official government line there is a serious amount of research about 9/11 that brings up some very major inconsistencies with the official line.
Most serious cooks know that you have to seek out the best ingredients, and ideally those closest to raw and unprocessed. Or at least something from a trusted company or supplier. You definitely avoid product that's been carelessly processed or adulterated, or from a dubious source.

If you cook with crap, you end up with ... cooked crap.
Quote:
FYI I saw an online video the day of 9/11 from someone passing showing the damage to the Pentagon - It was before the roof collapsed - There was a very clear circular hole and not any sign of an aircraft - Those engines just do not disintegrate and as for the wings.......
My brother's friend's cousin heard that someone saw a note crayoned in a bathroom stall somewhere that that isn't true.

If you want anyone to believe stuff like that...links.
Old 26-11-2020, 07:14   #1075
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Most serious cooks know that you have to seek out the best ingredients, and ideally those closest to raw and unprocessed. Or at least something from a trusted company or supplier. You definitely avoid product that's been carelessly processed or adulterated, or from a dubious source...
Reminds me of ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3282757

Old 26-11-2020, 08:12   #1076

Re: U.S. to close..

This video is of a Swedish test to attract people to use stairs:

Looks like fun! But then I got to thinking: to pull this off, you need a society with:
  • a public willingness to engage with novel things
  • the time to enjoy engaging with novel things
  • a public that's ok with being reminded to eat your veggies or to stay fit
  • some respect for shared assets (how long before that would be graffitied, vandalized, ripped out, etc)
... and so it's easy to imagine that this sort of endeavour would not meet with the same acceptance everywhere. Kind of like how different societies have responded to the pandemic.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:48   #1077

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
This video is of a Swedish test to attract people to use stairs:

Looks like fun! But then I got to thinking: to pull this off, you need a society with:
  • a public willingness to engage with novel things
  • the time to enjoy engaging with novel things
  • a public that's ok with being reminded to eat your veggies or to stay fit
  • some respect for shared assets (how long before that would be graffitied, vandalized, ripped out, etc)
... and so it's easy to imagine that this sort of endeavour would not meet with the same acceptance everywhere. Kind of like how different societies have responded to the pandemic.
Reminds me of the musical highways in a few locations. If you drive the right speed you get to hear a bit of music created by the rumble strip. I think there are a couple in the USA.

One problem though; I think in some places they found the highways became more congested as people came there just to hear the music. Unintended consequences...
Old 26-11-2020, 09:05   #1078
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Reminds me of the musical highways in a few locations. If you drive the right speed you get to hear a bit of music created by the rumble strip. I think there are a couple in the USA...
There are just a handful of places in the entire world that offer such a unique opportunity—and two of them are in the USA.
DENMARK:
The musical roadway concept was invented in 1995, when two Danish artists came up with the “Asphaltophone,” - raised pavement markers, that are more closely related to Botts’ dots, than rumble strips.
NEW MEXICO
Transportation officials in New Mexico hope that “America the Beautiful” will get cars to slow down, on a section of historic Route 66, between Albuquerque and Tijeras. To hear the song, at the proper speed and pitch, vehicles must strictly obey the posted speed limit of 45 mph. Drivers are unable to hear the song, if they are going even a few miles under or over the limit.
CALIFORNIA
The only other musical road in the U.S. can be found in Lancaster, California, where a snippet of the "William Tell Overture” plays for drivers going 55 mph. The attraction was originally installed near a residential area, but citizens complained so much, that the grooves were paved over, just two weeks after they were installed. The city received hundreds of phone calls, from people who missed The Lone Ranger theme song, and eventually agreed to reinstall the strips, in an industrial area, where it wouldn’t bother residents.

Old 26-11-2020, 09:35   #1079

Quote:
You set up an independent voting administration to manage and insulate the election process against partisan meddling. Maybe the FEC could do it.

You're misreading me but only a little. Which party seems to not want voting to be easy and convenient?

I do think that electronic voting systems CAN be made to be trustworthy, but I don't know if that's possible or would be trusted yet in the US. Plus with every state doing something different...
An "independent" administration...that's funy.

It's not as if the current system is clear and understandable for the average voter. This is a lot like adaptive cruise control on cars...people are afraid of it because it's new and some "hacker" could take over the car...but in reality it's a huge safety improvement.
Old 26-11-2020, 09:37   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Why reform an election process described as one of the safest ever
1) How do you know it's the safest ever if you refuse to investigate?
2) Have you been following the news? There are claims of abuse from all sides, so who's "describing" it?