Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2020, 17:24   #1156

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
That’s a great deal, based on the different level of care in the US.

You really believe the quality of care you would receive is any better in the US than in Germany, New Zealand or for that matter Australia?

You need to get out more.....
Old 27-11-2020, 17:40   #1157
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Someone is pulling strings on this thread. It started as US too close (even though the OP meant to say to close) but nonetheless you guys started talking like we (the US) were too close. Then the title got changed to to close. Then we got shut down. Then we reopened as US too close (which was pretty much a free for all) but now, I just noticed, we have been retroactively changed to TO CLOSE, including the original title. Can we still talk about poli......Healthcare?

On edit, we still have several pages of too close.
Old 27-11-2020, 18:31   #1158

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

The thread will be closed if people become rude.

No one wants to take the time to change all the post titles, so the variance in them will remain. The are all unpaid volunteers, and that kind of clerical fussing is mind numbing. I don't want to do it, and I would not ask someone else to do what I will not.

Yes, people can talk about health care. As long as it stays polite, fact laden and respectful. People whose posts propound political party polemics in the interest of politicizing public health care clearly reveal themselves. (apologies for the alliteration)

JPA Cate
Old 27-11-2020, 18:55   #1159

Re: U.S. too close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_billl View Post
Lock yourself in your home.

Wear an m95 mask with eyesheilds everywhere you go.

Then MY behavior is irrelevant.

I hate to break this to you, but by the numbers if Covid is anwhere near as contagious as they say it is, we ALL are going to get it.

Depends on where you are.

I’ve Been running around like normal albeit with masks since April, eating out everyday, malls have not closed since march. Everything is open and all the subways only stopped running for two weeks feb. Everything has been more or less normal since April country wide since april, although all the electronic contact tracing is still in place.
Old 27-11-2020, 19:05   #1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
You really believe the quality of care you would receive is any better in the US than in Germany, New Zealand or for that matter Australia?

You need to get out more.....
Yes

And I dont get my info from the media, or from being a tourist, I get it from working in the industry for a while. The US has a really good system, and as others said there is a reason people have left other first world countries where the government infested medicine, to come to the US for better care.
Old 27-11-2020, 19:08   #1161

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Yes

And I dont get my info from the media, or from being a tourist, I get it from working in the industry for a while. The US has a really good system, and as others said there is a reason people have left other first world countries where the government infested medicine, to come to the US for better care.

Funny how I have friends from the US who left and reside in Thailand and Vietnam so as to get superior and affordable care.

Hospitals in asia are in the top 10 in the world and with care you can pay for with change found behind the couch.

Only a few short years ago Hospitals in Thailand and India, Mexico and Sigapore outranked the US

https://www.advisoryhq.com/articles/...-in-the-world/
Old 27-11-2020, 19:19   #1162

Quote:
Yes

And I dont get my info from the media, or from being a tourist, I get it from working in the industry for a while. The US has a really good system, and as others said there is a reason people have left other first world countries where the government infested medicine, to come to then as a healthcare worker US for better care.
How many countries have you worked in? How can judge other systems without ever experiencing them?
Old 27-11-2020, 20:22   #1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Funny how I have friends from the US who left and reside in Thailand and Vietnam so as to get superior and affordable care.

Hospitals in asia are in the top 10 in the world and with care you can pay for with change found behind the couch.

Only a few short years ago Hospitals in Thailand and India, Mexico and Sigapore outranked the US

Lol
So you’d prefer to get major medical treatment in Mexico than the US.

I...well...g’luck with that.

Thailand is pretty, and it’s cheap, if I didn’t plan my retirement out well and couldn’t work anymore, had to live off not too much money, Thailand would fit that bill, I think many view Thailand in that regard, somewhere to vacation, or retire to on a low budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
How many countries have you worked in? How can judge other systems without ever experiencing them?
Enough to see common trends in the ones that are a heavy handed government regime.

Much like New Jersey, it’s interesting to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there

Again, I’d happily take a sneezing on with a virus with say a 1% chance of death, if it would magically give me a 1% better chance at not having my rights attacked. Not sure why people don’t see that nearly everything government touches turns to crap, they are basically intended to be a janitor / door guy for a country, not a parent or religious like figure.

This is the type of thing I want to avoid

Old 27-11-2020, 20:39   #1164

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Lol

At a hospital that rates better than American Hospitals, sure
Old 27-11-2020, 20:43   #1165

Quote:
Lol

Thailand is pretty, and it’s cheap, if I didn’t plan my retirement out well and couldn’t work anymore, had to live off not too much money, Thailand would fit that bill, I think many view Thailand in that regard, somewhere to vacation, or retire to on a low budget.

Enough to see common trends in the ones that are a heavy handed government regime.

Much like New Jersey, it’s interesting to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there

Again, I’d happily take a sneezing on with a virus with say a 1% chance of death, if it would magically give me a 1% better chance at not having my rights attacked. Not sure why people don’t see that nearly everything government touches turns to crap, they are basically intended to be a janitor / door guy for a country, not a parent or religious like figure.

This is the type of thing I want to avoid

Have to ask. What's interesting in New Jersey?
Old 27-11-2020, 21:01   #1166
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

The Private hospitals in Thailand are excellent and very reasonably priced - Only ever used them for minor diving related issues, but the service and time frames blew away anything I have ever had in the UK, Europe or Australia either Public or Private - I was fortunate not to need a Hospital when living in the USA.
Old 27-11-2020, 21:54   #1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Have to ask. What's interesting in New Jersey?
The people are interesting, like watching animals in a zoo, think the Sopranos was filmed there, uhh that’s about all I got lol

Quote:
At a hospital that rates better than American Hospitals, sure
I wouldn’t even take my dog to a vet there.

But I’d wager their very best hospital might be better than, say a NYC nursing home.

If you honestly think Mexico is that great at, well anything aside from hot rod upholstery, spicy food, and weather reporting, you should go unfurl your revelation to all the people who risk getting killed, raped, robbed, etc just to illegally flee Mexico and break into the US.
Old 27-11-2020, 23:05   #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
No one wants to take the time to change all the post titles, so the variance in them will remain.

Well, thank you to whichever mod changed the title. My OCD is a little better now.
Old 27-11-2020, 23:15   #1169

Quote:
The people are interesting, like watching animals in a zoo, think the Sopranos was filmed there, uhh that’s about all I got lol

I wouldn’t even take my dog to a vet there.

But I’d wager their very best hospital might be better than, say a NYC nursing home.

If you honestly think Mexico is that great at, well anything aside from hot rod upholstery, spicy food, and weather reporting, you should go unfurl your revelation to all the people who risk getting killed, raped, robbed, etc just to illegally flee Mexico and break into the US.
Actually Monterey in Mexico is pretty nice. Average income is 40K+ USD . Majority white European Mexicans.

Ask most well off mexicans where they are from and at least half will probably say Monterey. In fact in a lot of movies the joke is retired gangsters move to monterey with their families.
Old 27-11-2020, 23:36   #1170
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
The truth is that most of the Mexicans coming illegally work for awhile, then go back. The really desperate ones are from the Central America countries fleeing from problems that the US helped to create. It is hard to find many American workers who are even capable or willing to work 10-12 hour days in the conditions that these guys happily work in. Nowadays it is harder to sneak in so they end up staying longer. Compared to them our manual labor force are a bunch of whining crybabies. The notion of lazy Mexicans is just not true. Guatemalans pay around $8000. to coyotes to get them to a US city where they usually already have jobs lined up. They are going to come anyway, the US should just charge admission to be able to come and work. If living in the US is so great, then why do most of these people voluntarily go back? If living in Mexico is bad, why are there around 1,000,000 US expatriates living there?