Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2020, 15:07   #1306

Boat: Formosa 41
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
I really try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Some people are honestly misinformed, or confused. Or even better, some want to actually discuss a topic with the idea of learning.

But after a while I do cut people off. There's one fellow on these threads whom I've stopped responding to at all. He's proven himself to be a simple troll. So even I reach a limit.

Not sure about interesting, but it certainly makes it more entertaining .
That be me!

Mike, I’ve pinned you down too many times and you’ve given up.

It was never a challenge for me.

It’s OK.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:11   #1307

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
So you can have a proper discussion with no opposing viewpoints. Here is what it would look like:

..>
Viewpoints are not evidence. Or fact. Evidence sometimes gets tweaked as knowledge is acquired. But evidence and facts build on a solid base of original discovery. So a conversation can be had about the validity of new evidence. But arguing about basic facts that have already been universally agreed upon is just not worth the air it sucks out of a conversation.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:31   #1308
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Viewpoints are not evidence. Or fact. Evidence sometimes gets tweaked as knowledge is acquired. But evidence and facts build on a solid base of original discovery. So a conversation can be had about the validity of new evidence. But arguing about basic facts that have already been universally agreed upon is just not worth the air it sucks out of a conversation.

So if you do not question anything that is put in front of you because the Government or Corporation Or Media or an Organisation says its a Fact then that is a recipe for a controlled population blindly doing as they are told - You should be grateful that there are opposing voices out there, not that it does much good.

Its not as if we do not have Governments or Corporations Or Media or Organisations that lie to the populace do we?

Its not as if we live in a greedy and corrupt world do we?

As history shows Today's Facts that everyone believes are truth can be tomorrows Lies or simply not true.
Old 02-12-2020, 15:43   #1309

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So if you do not question anything that is put in front of you ...
Gadagirl can speak for herself, but my understanding is that this is a mischaracterization of what she was saying.
Old 02-12-2020, 16:40   #1310

Quote:
...You should be grateful that there are opposing voices out there, not that it does much good.
Forrest Gump's mother said something like "Good is as good does."

So perhaps if something isn't doing much good, then it isn't.
Old 02-12-2020, 17:02   #1311
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
We have a whole other thread just about that. It is very deep. You should come on over. My argument is that the facts, as viewed by the public, are a commodity. Whoever pays the most gets to tell what the truth will be. This is mostly done with different forms of propaganda but you also have to create news to be really effective. I posted some links on the other thread. Someone (or government or corporation or NGO) can decide that they want to promote some truth or other. They could generate heaps of evidence. If they have influence and lack morals they could affect all kinds of news stories, show public interest in all kinds of ways and use every psychological trick known. They can generate propaganda (which is most of what we see). False flag attacks could be staged (there are verifiable lists of false flags online so yes they exist)
I am not saying that I know what is going on. My point is that we are manipulated and lied to with practically everything that we see and hear.
There is actually plenty of evidence showing that that is how our society is run. That the population is psychologically manipulated to a very large degree. And plenty more evidence that they don't care about the welfare of little old us (people of the earth). Since there is little you can do about it, it is best to just conform and obey but meanwhile......................................... . believe half from what you see
Non non none from what you hear
I can't help being confused
If it's true won't tell me here
Do you plan to let me go
For the other guy that you knew before?
Ooo I heard it through the grapevine
Not much longer would you be mine
And I'm just about to loss my mind
Honey, honey, yeah
Old 02-12-2020, 17:55   #1312

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
...I am not saying that I know what is going on. My point is that we are manipulated and lied to with practically everything that we see and hear.
Exactly ... stop manipulating and lying to us .
Old 03-12-2020, 02:03   #1313
UFO

Quote:
We have a whole other thread just about that. It is very deep. You should come on over. My argument is that the facts, as viewed by the public, are a commodity. Whoever pays the most gets to tell what the truth will be. This is mostly done with different forms of propaganda but you also have to create news to be really effective. I posted some links on the other thread. Someone (or government or corporation or NGO) can decide that they want to promote some truth or other. They could generate heaps of evidence. If they have influence and lack morals they could affect all kinds of news stories, show public interest in all kinds of ways and use every psychological trick known. They can generate propaganda (which is most of what we see). False flag attacks could be staged (there are verifiable lists of false flags online so yes they exist)
I am not saying that I know what is going on. My point is that we are manipulated and lied to with practically everything that we see and hear.
There is actually plenty of evidence showing that that is how our society is run. That the population is psychologically manipulated to a very large degree. And plenty more evidence that they don't care about the welfare of little old us (people of the earth). Since there is little you can do about it, it is best to just conform and obey but meanwhile......................................... . believe half from what you see
Non non none from what you hear
I can't help being confused
If it's true won't tell me here
Do you plan to let me go
For the other guy that you knew before?
Not much longer would you be mine
And I'm just about to loss my mind
Honey, honey, yeah

Such Radical thoughts and Ideas are just not acceptable, you must be a secret commie..... Such things are just too confronting for most people, they simply can not believe that our Governments and Organisations would do such things - Even when they blatantly do, but tell us they are not they still do not see it.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:09   #1314
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
Forrest Gump's mother said something like "Good is as good does."

So perhaps if something isn't doing much good, then it isn't.

Oh Really, Lets Quote Forest Gump to have a snide put down - YAWN.....

Anyway it was Stupid is as Stupid does - I thought you would have known that one
Old 03-12-2020, 02:12   #1315

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Anybody up for a bit of Covid 'spin'?

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...03-p56k8q.html

Looks like 'Scotty from marketing' has missed the bus again.... he should have had an each way bet rather than putting it all on the nose of the pommie nag....
Old 03-12-2020, 02:18   #1316

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post

Looks like 'Scotty from marketing' has missed the bus again.... he should have had an each way bet rather than putting it all on the nose of the pommie nag....

That's hilarious.

The headline says "Ahead of Schedule!" Hurrah!

But, err, two months behind the UK . . . .
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Old 03-12-2020, 02:20   #1317
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post

Ahh Yes - What I liked was the UK regulator coming out and blatantly telling a rather large Porky Pie - He Stated categorically that no corners had been cut with the regulation of the vaccine - Not sure how he can keep a straight face when a normally 10 year process has been shortened to 10 months.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:26   #1318

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
You may be onto something. There does seem to be a higher proportion of tinfoil hat types here on CF than anywhere else in my little world. And that includes the few other forums I hang out in.
Ironically, here in the Chiriqui Highlands of Panama there are a significant number of what I call "whakadoodles"...they include New Agers, Conspirascy Theorists, Sovereigns, Preppers, etc. One reason we have a concentration here is that a huckster saw an opportunity, started a commune like development, got these naive lost souls to dump their money into it...and then skipped town. This left a bunch of broke whakadoodles here who now lacked the means to leave. Then I think having a bunch here attracted more.

I keep thinking Im missing a business opportunity. We could open the "WhakaDoodle Store" and sell a range of over priced high margin products to protect the whakadoodles from "THEM". Basic tin foil hat, deluxe tin foil hat (with LED lights that warn when "THEY" are trying to control your mind), snake oil to protect whakadoodles from the effects of "chem trails", MAGA hats, etc...

[emoji6]
Old 03-12-2020, 03:33   #1319

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Ahh Yes - What I liked was the UK regulator coming out and blatantly telling a rather large Porky Pie - He Stated categorically that no corners had been cut with the regulation of the vaccine - Not sure how he can keep a straight face when a normally 10 year process has been shortened to 10 months.
10 months for the poms.... ten and a half in the US.... 14 in Australia!!!

It looks like a conspiracy to me!
Old 03-12-2020, 04:37   #1320

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Ironically, here in the Chiriqui Highlands of Panama there are a significant number of what I call "whakadoodles"...they include New Agers, Conspirascy Theorists, Sovereigns, Preppers, etc. One reason we have a concentration here is that a huckster saw an opportunity, started a commune like development, got these naive lost souls to dump their money into it...and then skipped town. This left a bunch of broke whakadoodles here who now lacked the means to leave. Then I think having a bunch here attracted more.

I keep thinking Im missing a business opportunity. We could open the "WhakaDoodle Store" and sell a range of over priced high margin products to protect the whakadoodles from "THEM". Basic tin foil hat, deluxe tin foil hat (with LED lights that warn when "THEY" are trying to control your mind), snake oil to protect whakadoodles from the effects of "chem trails", MAGA hats, etc...

[emoji6]

I think your looking at this through a "glass half empty" perspective.

Having lived in a few "whakadoodle" communities I've found there are a few benefits.

1) As these tend to be tropical locations subject to storms. You have local entertainment when the tv stations and internet go out. Just walk down to the local watering hole and listen in for excellent distractions to the days real problems.

2) These preppers know how to grow and make stuff out of nothing. Become friends before the collapse and you have a ready built survival community just in case.

3) Normal people are boring.

- opinion of a fringe whakadoodle (not sure if I'd put the MAGA hat people in that category though, they get their own box).