Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2020, 06:21   #1321

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
I keep thinking Im missing a business opportunity. We could open the "WhakaDoodle Store" and sell a range of over priced high margin products to protect the whakadoodles from "THEM". Basic tin foil hat, deluxe tin foil hat (with LED lights that warn when "THEY" are trying to control your mind), snake oil to protect whakadoodles from the effects of "chem trails", MAGA hats, etc...
You may be on to something .

Seriously though, there does appear rise in this "WhakaDoodle" community. Or maybe, as is the common thesis, the Internet and especially social media has created a self-reinforcing community out of the previous dispersed individuals that always existed, but didn't have the connections they do now.

I appreciate the sceptisim these folks bring to life, and especially to "the powers that be." But I think one of the problems is that they treat these problems like a superhero movie. They seek the Big Source for the problem, and then they attack that.

This misses the reality that the horrors some of these folks rightly identify are not due to some nefarious Illuminati. The source is usually more systematic, and dispersed. The source is usually us, and how our societies operate.

If one really understands that evil usually is banal (Arendt), then we get closer to actually understanding what is going on.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:10   #1322
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
You may be on to something .

Seriously though, there does appear rise in this "WhakaDoodle" community. Or maybe, as is the common thesis, the Internet and especially social media has created a self-reinforcing community out of the previous dispersed individuals that always existed, but didn't have the connections they do now.

I appreciate the sceptisim these folks bring to life, and especially to "the powers that be." But I think one of the problems is that they treat these problems like a superhero movie. They seek the Big Source for the problem, and then they attack that.

This misses the reality that the horrors some of these folks rightly identify are not due to some nefarious Illuminati. The source is usually more systematic, and dispersed. The source is usually us, and how our societies operate.

If one really understands that evil usually is banal (Arendt), then we get closer to actually understanding what is going on.
It will come as a big surprise when the white supremacists and corn belt Christians who form much of the MAGA powerbase become aware that they are just puppets of a Zionist self protection agenda

Old 03-12-2020, 07:25   #1323

Quote:
...If one really understands that evil usually is banal (Arendt), then we get closer to actually understanding what is going on.
A most excellent point and I think gets to the heart of things. I suggest that Arendt's banality of evil thesis is correct and a hard one for many people to swallow. People like to look for motives in others as being fundamentally good (Godly) or evil (Devilish), and, that people have a large control over the motives. The word good at root is synonymous with "it fits" where evil being some nebulous "I don't like how it fits."

If we understand that folks are born with different predilictions/sensitivities, depending on environmental factors, that will organically produce this/that type of behavior, I suggest this ~all makes sense. We all tend to avoid angst, where angst is 'that outside one's comfort zone,' such that the behavior you get is that which reduces angst, whatever that behavior might be (see Milgram). To call the behavior "good" or "evil" sort of doesn't look at the big picture, but it helps people....who cannot see the big picture (evolution/social Darwinism/population control, etc) understand things.

Labeling stuff as "evil" is big business for churches and courts; good luck pulling out those ancient tree stumps and their influence on the population's psyche. No less a lot of people, if they understood this, would not like what they see in the mirror.

Given the picture below, some people will see "Yes!, Those sheep indeed will do whatever the govt tells them to do, which is what pharma told the govt, which is what rich people who control pharma told them!" Fewer see "Oh brother, that reminds me that the conspiracy-minded folks don't understand human nature and are more likely to hit the shock button."

Part of why I don't worry so much about AGW/over-population, no kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	milgram.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	228069  
Old 03-12-2020, 07:29   #1324
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

TRANSCRIPT Speech of Hannah Arendt – Eichmann trial
https://www.cinemato.de/hannah-arendt-speech-en.pdf

Covering the 1961 trial of Adolf Eichmann, Hannah Arendt coined the phrase "the banality of evil". Arendt certainly did not mean that evil had become ordinary, or that Eichmann, and his Nazi cohorts had committed an unexceptional crime.

She thought that he acted without any motive, other than to diligently advance his career, in the Nazi bureaucracy.
What had become banal (common/ordinary ) was the failure to think.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:14   #1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
I keep thinking Im missing a business opportunity. We could open the "WhakaDoodle Store" and sell a range of over priced high margin products to protect the whakadoodles from "THEM". Basic tin foil hat, deluxe tin foil hat (with LED lights that warn when "THEY" are trying to control your mind), snake oil to protect whakadoodles from the effects of "chem trails", MAGA hats, etc...

[emoji6]
Camo. Whatever you sell, make sure it's in camouflage colours or print, and has some pretence at being military or 'tactical'. Special forces issue coffee stir stix. Navy seal survival underwear/jammies. Camo tea cozy. They eat that stuff up.

Anyway the actual disturbers-of-sh!t have already figured this out, and many sponsor or run such supply stores, who conveniently have ads on their shows. Biggest example is Alex Jones ( Infowars ).
Old 03-12-2020, 08:39   #1326

Yup, you guys get it.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:53   #1327
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:

I had said:
Quote:
I am not saying that I know what is going on. My point is that we are manipulated and lied to with practically everything that we see and hear.
There is actually plenty of evidence showing that that is how our society is run. That the population is psychologically manipulated to a very large degree.
Banal is the failure to think. Our ability to think is compromised because of psychological manipulation paid for by the corporations and quasi governmental entities that run our society. Pharma spends way more on propaganda than on R&D.
Marketing & Sales (M&S) expenses far exceed that of Research & Development (R&D) expenses in the
pharmaceutical industry
Quote:
In 2015, out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies by sales, 64 spent twice as much on M&S
than on R&D, 58 spent three times, 43 spent five times as much and 27 spent 10 times the
amount. https://nurses.3cdn.net/e74ab9a3e937..._afm6bh0u9.pdf
Many of these companies are convicted felons (paying the fines for their felonies is just cost of doing business for them). And many have their roots in Nazi Germany. How many of you are actually financially invested in some of these companies? (check your mutual funds). Bayer and Monsanto are some of the most reviled companies on earth yet it is a promoted idea that they will solve world hunger with their transgenic crops.

So yes, there is evil in failure to think. But the blame lies higher up the ladder. That is what I am railing against. The ability to think in this case is the ability to recognize and resist the effect of propaganda. An ability that is exceedingly rare.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:10   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I had said:

Banal is the failure to think. Our ability to think is compromised because of psychological manipulation paid for by the corporations and quasi governmental entities that run our society. Pharma spends way more on propaganda than on R&D.
Marketing & Sales (M&S) expenses far exceed that of Research & Development (R&D) expenses in the
pharmaceutical industry
Yes, this gets to half of Arendt's message. Indeed, we are being manipulated. But the biggest manipulators of us are -- us. That's Arendt's real insight.

Quote:
So yes, there is evil in failure to think. But the blame lies higher up the ladder. That is what I am railing against. The ability to think in this case is the ability to recognize and resist the effect of propaganda. An ability that is exceedingly rare.
This is where I think you're fundamentally wrong. It's not (only) higher up. It's staring you in the face. And it's not really a failure to think. It's who we are, as homo sapiens.

You're looking for something external to blame. The truth is, we're all complicit. This is why I say conspiracy theorist types miss what is really going on by focusing on these more simple targets.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:15   #1329

Boat: Formosa 41

Obama, Bush and Clinton will take the Covid vaccine publicly.

42% of Americans don’t trust the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ine/index.html
Old 03-12-2020, 09:19   #1330

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
Obama, Bush and Clinton will take the Covid vaccine publicly.

42% of Americans don’t trust the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ine/index.html
Good on them! (the ex presidents, that is...)
Old 03-12-2020, 09:34   #1331

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Everyone I have mentioned this to has laughed and said it will not be the covid vaccine, or, “How would we know it’s the real vaccine?”
Old 03-12-2020, 09:35   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Yes indeed. When there's a lack of leadership from the supposed leader, others usually step up.

The 42% is a scary number. I doubt (hope?) it won't be nearly that high. If it is, we may have to really build a wall, and have the Americans pay for it .

Quick research reveals that while the 42% number is out there, it represents an improvement over recent polling. Too early to tell where the real trends are, but it has improved from the previous poll finding 50% were unwilling to be vaccinated.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/325208/...d-vaccine.aspx

Old 03-12-2020, 09:42   #1333
cruiser

Quote:
Yes, this gets to half of Arendt's message. Indeed, we are being manipulated. But the biggest manipulators of us are -- us. That's Arendt's real insight.

This is where I think you're fundamentally wrong. It's not (only) higher up. It's staring you in the face. And it's not really a failure to think. It's who we are, as homo sapiens.

You're looking for something external to blame. The truth is, we're all complicit. This is why I say conspiracy theorist types miss what is really going on by focusing on these more simple targets.
“Father Forgive Them, They Know Not What They Do.”

Yes we are all complicit to some degree but by and large are mostly tricked into going along with the status quo. I believe that by far most humans on this world have very good intentions but are tricked into agreeing with some evil sh*t.

I read the speech. That is not what she says but rather "perhaps, there is something in-between resistance and cooperation"
Old 03-12-2020, 09:58   #1334

Quote:
“Father Forgive Them, They Know Not What They Do.”

Yes we are all complicit to some degree but by and large are mostly tricked into going along with the status quo. I believe that by far most humans on this world have very good intentions but are tricked into agreeing with some evil sh*t.
As your example illustrates, they (we) aren't tricked into doing something evil. We are guided by people who only -- TRULY -- want to do what is good, what is right. This is why we all must be guarded, especially against those who claim to know the right answers, or who want to do "good."

And that definitely includes me .
Old 03-12-2020, 10:09   #1335
cruiser

Quote:
We are guided by people who only -- TRULY -- want to do what is good, what is right.
I don't know who you mean by this. We are guided by propaganda in one form or another.