Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2020, 22:19   #1366
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
It's not fair to generalize timelines to 10 years; it took about 2 years to develop the Salk polio vaccine (where the polio vaccine is, simply put, dead junk injected under the skin) and that was in 1952/1953. Given modern technology and massive effort vaccines for something like Covid should reasonably be done in 2 years (including trials), while if this report holds up, vaccines in the not to distant future might get churned out much faster with marked reduction in safety concerns. As Yihang says, funding is everything, but the technology is there (depending on the type of virus).

If you scrape your leg on a rock, you're inserting living/dead bug parts under the skin (i.e. exposing you immune system to that).

Roughly 70% of the immune system activity is in the gut, bathed in foreign proteins and ongoing viral/bacterial struggles that it has to deal with.

We don't know the long-term consequences of driving behind airbags, it's only been about 24 years now.

Concerns about long-term effects on genetics from vaccines is as legitimate a concern as is scraping one's leg on a rock causing long-term genetic changes.

Summarizing much other stuff, if vaccines don't cause problems in the first few months (under clinical trials) then there are tens of other threats to health that people routinely subject themselves to, that people have to temporarily ignore while postulating about approved vaccine usage.

True that probably no matter what there will be rare unlucky folks. On principle, this applies to anything we do, but as this is a number game under the circumstances it's the best thing on the radar screen.

You seem to like comparing scratching yourself to vaccines - Say I am unfair you are be disingenuous - Humans have built up a healthy immune system to this planet naturally over a million years, so being injected with a genetically modified protein or Virus is totally different and bares ZERO comparison.

Also I feel that you are cherry picking a bit...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...s-coronavirus/

Yes the gut is key and many scientists have linked childhood issues with the Gut and Vaccines. Also there has been a huge increase in Chronic illness in the last 40 years, a time when the vaccine schedule has increased dramatically - 6 in 10 Americas with at least 1 and 4 in 10 with 2 or more chronic illnesses - It could be coincidence or it could not be - I'd have thought the CDC would do some serious research into this, but they have not to my knowledge.

The same as why they do not research the two separate groups for Chronic Illness or Autism - The Vaccinated against the Un-vaccinated - All the data is there with today's computerised medical records, so why have they not done it? - Put the issue to bed once and for all.
Old 03-12-2020, 22:37   #1367

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post

Afterall, His Orangeness suggested we could just inject/injest Lysol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
Yeah, except he didn’t say that at all
He said inject disinfectant and shine a light.
Lysol is a disinfectant right?

Video here

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-...us-82518597530
Old 03-12-2020, 22:38   #1368
UFO

Sounds Like a monster vaccine storm brewing in Canada politically....

Sorry Guys its a Facebook link - I could not find it anywhere else for you guys that don't use Facebook.

https://fb.watch/29AgjtTiT6/

Pee Up and Brewery spring to mind....

FYI Just commenting on the video and not the endless facebook comments.
Old 03-12-2020, 22:51   #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post

Video here

He definitely did say it but he later said it was sarcastic.....

Old 03-12-2020, 22:52   #1370
UFO

Quote:

Video here

Sounded like he was trying to come up with something like a detergent that could be injected to kill the virus - It was more of an exploratory question than a statement. But yeah foot in mouth again for Mr Trump

I am not American or a Trump or Biden fan, so just my outlook on what he said.
Old 03-12-2020, 23:44   #1371

Boat: Other people's boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Humans have built up a healthy immune system to this planet naturally over a million years, so being injected with a genetically modified protein or Virus is totally different and bares ZERO comparison.

All the data is there with today's computerised medical records, so why have they not done it?
At least in the US, there is little incentive to have such records standardised, interoperable, other otherwise easily mined. We are still very much in the dark ages of that. Imagine if all your boat electronics spoke their own proprietary dialect and the NMEA specifications didn't exist. Further, there are the issues around obtaining informed consent and frameworks for providing data in a suitably anonymized manner. All of this is still very much in the early stages, so if you'd like to go back to school and use the topic for a thesis you likely have plenty of time.

It's a bit odd to say that we've built up an immune system "to this planet"; we've only built one up to that which we've encountered so far, as many Pre-Columbian civilizations discovered to their detriment. A novel virus, unlike the annual rounds of colds and flu, is something to which we have no innate immunity. Pfizer and Moderna's tech is rather elegant and allows a far more minimal and targeted approach, as opposed to the more traditional one-off methods of having to grow the pathogen and then weaken or inactivate it.

To Yihang's comment, the mRNA delivery platform has been in the pipeline for addressing other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS, so this is not a from-scratch approach; much pre-clinical work had already been done. Addressing COVID has been a top priority across the industry, and the improvements in technology, collaboration, and processes will likely yield lasting benefits.
Old 04-12-2020, 00:06   #1372

Quote:

Video here

Yeah...no

He said “is there a way” “do some testing” etc

He, at no time, told people to do any of that, give me a break.

I know trump derangement syndrome is a thing but

He’s done, and not done, some things which bother me as well, but I still don’t get as bent around the axle over nothings as some people do, Trump is going to have to pay a ton of money for all that rent in so many far left peoples brains lol
Old 04-12-2020, 00:24   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingSue View Post
Yeah...no

He said “is there a way” “do some testing” etc
Read the transcript

The worlds greatest scientist, there is no scientist greater said....

Quote:
Drumpf said.....

And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs

Sounds like advocating injection to me.
And people took it as gospel and did it
After all, he also claimed he was the chosen one

Quote:

He’s done, and not done, some things which bother me as well, but I still don’t get as bent around the axle over nothings as some people do, Trump is going to have to pay a ton of money for all that rent in so many far left peoples brains lol
I am Australian, I don't know or even care what your far right or left crap is about but I can spot a lying misogynist buffoon from half a world away and orange is its colour.
And I do agree........he is a nothing
Old 04-12-2020, 00:36   #1374
UFO

Quote:
Read the transcript

Drumpf said.....

And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs

Sounds like advocating injection to me.

Sounds like he is asking if you could have something that does the same thing as disinfectant does on the outside but for the inside - not necessarily disinfectant.... Not very sharp way of phrasing it though
Old 04-12-2020, 00:46   #1375

Quote:
Sounds like he is asking if you could have something that does the same thing as disinfectant does on the outside but for the inside - not necessarily disinfectant.... Not very sharp way of phrasing it though
Even suggesting such an idiotic thing proves what an out of control fool he is.

Anyone with half a brain, a sense of leadership and statesmanship would have taken advice from those who actually had intelligence, but he wasn't even smart enough to do that.

And it has/had control of nuclear weapons

Sad orange clown.
And sad sacks that still support it.

Personally, I reckon Ronald McDonald does a better job.
At least he isn't a total ____
Old 04-12-2020, 00:49   #1376

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Well, the man is full of sh1t so maybe he could handle a bleach injection... couldn't make things worse.

Re the risk of dying after taking the vaccine.
Somehow I am reminded of the person who survived the Thailand tsunami.... flew to Kakadu... was eaten by crocodile...

There will be people who die after getting the vaccine because they then get on a 737 Max8.....
Old 04-12-2020, 00:50   #1377
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post

It's a bit odd to say that we've built up an immune system "to this planet"; we've only built one up to that which we've encountered so far, as many Pre-Columbian civilizations discovered to their detriment.

I think a Million years of evolution and building up a genetic tolerance to the bacteria and viruses of this planet goes a long way and should not be brushed off so lightly - Past civilisations that did not fare so well, still passed down their genetic code - Survival of the strongest weeding out the weak.

My point was that when you genetically modify Viruses and proteins and then inject them into people you are exposing them to things which we have not encountered before - Small genetic manipulations are like evolving organisms and not so bad, large ones not so at all.

They have no idea of if there will be any medium to long term side effects as they have not undergone that length of trials - As I previously said, its like a game of Russian Roulette, so why would anyone who is not at risk form the Virus want to take the vaccine? It should be a tool for those at risk and not a blanket for the whole planet, for if the proverbial hits the fan, then it will take everyone down.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:11   #1378

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
..so why would anyone who is not at risk form the Virus want to take the vaccine? It should be a tool for those at risk and not a blanket for the whole planet, for if the proverbial hits the fan, then it will take everyone down.
Thats fine by me.... don't want the vaccine ... don't get the vaccine..

Just don't expect to be doing too much travelling.....
Old 04-12-2020, 02:15   #1379
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Well, the man is full of sh1t so maybe he could handle a bleach injection... couldn't make things worse.

Re the risk of dying after taking the vaccine.
Somehow I am reminded of the person who survived the Thailand tsunami.... flew to Kakadu... was eaten by crocodile...

There will be people who die after getting the vaccine because they then get on a 737 Max8.....

Sounds a lot like the People who would have got covid, died of a heart attack anyway.......
Old 04-12-2020, 02:18   #1380

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Thats fine by me.... don't want the vaccine ... don't get the vaccine..

Just don't expect to be doing too much travelling.....

Since the vaccines are looking like about 95% effective, society can afford a fairly large number of anti-vaxxers and still eradicate the virus, so it's best to just leave them alone. In the U.S., the law allows states to force people to get vaccinated (Jacobson v Massachussets), but I doubt we will resort to that.

I'll be first in line, personally, although I'm apparently immune at the moment. I travel a lot and have a great deal of social contact, so wouldn't want to take a chance on spreading the virus around.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman