Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2020, 08:37   #76

Re: Vaccine Certification Restriction of Travel

Spot on and like the line " Vaccines cause Adults".

There is a lot of rubbish posted on this thread - people claiming the vaccine doesn't offer any immunity or protection and that's just ill-informed rubbish.

I want this virus gone and will take the vaccine at the first opportunity. I've enough medical people in my extended family to understand how it works , the benefits and possible side effects.

I hope they make it mandatory for work. I hope they make it mandatory for travel and those that don't like it, then stay at home for the next 40 years!.

I am tired of 2020 and I want this virus gone and our lives back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lochner View Post
The quote is generally attributed to the late Senator Patrick Moynihan, one of the great statesman senators. In a debate in the Senate, he replied to an unfound statement by another senator, "Sir, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts." Or words more or less to that effect.

Those of us of a certain age travelled internationally will remember the vaccine records we were required to carry. We will also remember children in braces due to polio, kids dying from measles, mumps, rubella, devastating small pox epidemics and other diseases. Public Health measures and vaccines put an end to these scourges.

Remember: Vaccines cause Adults.
Old 19-12-2020, 09:05   #77

There must be a strategy for reducing the worlds human population as its overpopulation is the main cause of the major problems the planet and all life on earth face today.
However I am not suggesting that "deadly" vaccines are a way of achieving this.
Old 19-12-2020, 09:29   #78
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Vaccine Certification Restriction of Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Stokes View Post
There must be a strategy for reducing the worlds human population as its overpopulation is the main cause of the major problems the planet and all life on earth face today.
However I am not suggesting that "deadly" vaccines are a way of achieving this.
That's easy.. limit couples worldwide to 2 offspring one of each sex easily manipulated to replace the parents..
Divorce and your stuffed regarding more from a second marriage so get it right first time.. same for single mothers.
Natural selection and Darwin Law will soon whittle numbers down..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 19-12-2020, 09:29   #79

I agree. It all smells like a scam to me. If you look at information from any independent source - not big media, which is funded by big pharma, the evidence is clear. It blows my mind that people automatically deny alternative thought and go full sheep mentality, while calling independent thinkers names, and insinuating that the thinkers are the dumb ones.

These same people were saying that big pharma was bad a year ago - now they are their heroes??? Really?

We live in strange times, when group think is celebrated, and independent thought is called dumb. What a world...

Big media, and big pharma are not your friend. And since when was the government your friend? Tell me what or who has killed more people than government? What do you think is more dangerous - people talking on cell phones while driving or some overblown flu? I had the covid already. It sucked. But, putting the whole world on hold for a new flu, and forcing a vaccine on people who don't want it is completely not acceptable.

How come there is no vaccine for AIDS?
Old 19-12-2020, 09:35   #80

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1991 View Post
I have no plans to risk my life with an untested vaccine but it seems like the powers that be will give us a choice (a) take the vaccine, get a certification card and travel wherever you like (b) don't take the vaccine and you can't leave your country. It is an assumption that the covid PCR tests/isolation periods will be phased out putting more pressure on taking the vaccine.

This is without looking at the deaths, palsy and other vaccine side effects so far and not considering the views that there's a global strategy of de-population.

I want to buy a boat. I refuse to take an untested, possibly dangerous vaccine.

For liveaboards and world cruisers, does anyone share my concerns, or are they groundless?
Seems to me your conspiracy theories are better placed in a political forum and not here.
Wish you health...
Old 19-12-2020, 09:42   #81

You mean HIV not Aids or don't you understand the difference?

HIV is a very different virus - it replicates extremely fast (in under a day) and also reproduces different copies of itself each time (ie it mutates). You would need a multitude of vaccines to target HIV.

Also the body usually fights a virus by producing T-cells - but HIV targets these T-cells so the body can't defend itself.

Covid is not the same as HIV and is a much simpler virus and anyone who spent 5 minutes doing their research on it could figure that out.

So seriously stop this nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
I agree. It all smells like a scam to me. If you look at information from any independent source - not big media, which is funded by big pharma, the evidence is clear. It blows my mind that people automatically deny alternative thought and go full sheep mentality, while calling independent thinkers names, and insinuating that the thinkers are the dumb ones.

These same people were saying that big pharma was bad a year ago - now they are their heroes??? Really?

We live in strange times, when group think is celebrated, and independent thought is called dumb. What a world...

Big media, and big pharma are not your friend. And since when was the government your friend? Tell me what or who has killed more people than government? What do you think is more dangerous - people talking on cell phones while driving or some overblown flu? I had the covid already. It sucked. But, putting the whole world on hold for a new flu, and forcing a vaccine on people who don't want it is completely not acceptable.

How come there is no vaccine for AIDS?
Old 19-12-2020, 09:48   #82
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23iL23 View Post
You mean HIV not Aids or don't you understand the difference?

HIV is a very different virus - it replicates extremely fast (in under a day) and also reproduces different copies of itself each time (ie it mutates). You would need a multitude of vaccines to target HIV.

Also the body usually fights a virus by producing T-cells - but HIV targets these T-cells so the body can't defend itself.

Covid is not the same as HIV and is a much simpler virus and anyone who spent 5 minutes doing their research on it could figure that out.

So seriously stop this nonsense
Yup that's why they have flu shots every year based on guesswork..
CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population

Old 19-12-2020, 09:56   #83

Boat: 1977 Bristol 29.9 Hull #17

Cooper1991,

You are inventing stuff to get yourself worked up about, Me I’m getting the vaccine as soon as I am able, by not doing so you are purposefully creating issues you would not otherwise have to deal with, do realize there are no countries that will let you in once the vaccine is dispersed and readily available, even VP Pence got the vaccine, Literally thousands of people have already received the vaccine, and the numbers go up daily, by the turn of the year hundreds of thousands of people will have gotten the vaccine, stop with the nonsense already.

Fair winds,
Old 19-12-2020, 10:06   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Yup that's why they have flu shots every year based on guesswork..
CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population
40% to 60% is MASSIVE. Medically that's a very good result for such a fast-changing virus. That sort of benefit is well worth the annual 15 minute investment required for me to get the flu jab. I've been doing it for years, and I cannot remember the last time I had a serious case of flu. (maybe the vaccine fogs my memory)

For the people with a history of vaccine reaction, I sympathize if you're hesitant to keep getting them. But do weigh the severity of the reaction against that of the illness itself, and if you're so inclined, against the possibility of your transmitting the flu to others who would experience severe illness.

Boatman, I don't believe for two seconds that you'd give up your career (and presumably, your passion) over the fear of a little needle.
Old 19-12-2020, 10:06   #85

Boat: Cheoy Lee

This is without looking at the deaths, palsy and other vaccine side effects so far and not considering the views that there's a global strategy of de-population.

Are you serious?

If that was not a tongue in cheek comment, please don't bring your Deep State conspiracy theories here.

This should be the one place we can get away from all that sheep misinformation

Last time I checked this was called Cruisers Forum
Let's keep it that way
Old 19-12-2020, 10:08   #86

Boat: 1975 Morgan OI ketch
Angry Re: Vaccine Certification Restriction of Travel

i am sad and depressed to see that even this Cruiser's Forum is affected by a dispute about vaccines and reference to a disease with a 99.8% survival rate.

and no, I will not be taking this vaccine willingly. My terror is that my government will find a way to compel me to take it.
Old 19-12-2020, 10:10   #87

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomPerignon View Post
It’s not about the vaccine per say. It’s about forced vaccination and vaccines passports. I think this should be resisted in every possible way.
There has already been LOTS of opposition to this post, but I would like to reinforce this by adding my own, as I think this is an important issue.

No one is forcing anyone to take the vaccine, but “freedom of choice” is not one sided.

What makes you think you have the “right” to risk infecting others wilfully?
It should also be my “right” to refuse you entry into my home or establishment or aircraft or country if there is a possibility you are a high risk.

Yes, full trials have not been completed for any of the COVID-19 vaccines yet, and those that have been approved have been done so for emergency use. For the elderly and for health care workers this is an emergency situation and it seems very likely for this group that the benefits dramatically outweigh the risks. If you are concerned about safety, just sit tight until the final phase of trials is completed and make your decision then. It is your choice.

Regarding vaccines in general (and just about all drug treatments for that matter), they all have risks associated with them. Some side effects even for approved ones are not minor, but they occur very rarely. The cost benefit needs to be weighed up. Some people seem to be forgetting this.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 19-12-2020, 10:14   #88

Boat: KP 46

SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
Old 19-12-2020, 10:15   #89

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenvector View Post
Dang it, now I'll have to warn my wife that they're going to recall all of her paychecks since she's an MD working on 4 of the Phase III trials.
Tell her I said, Thank you! I am an intensive care unit physician and received my first dose yesterday. I am ecstatic and finally feel like I will not die taking care of these covid patients because of people like your wife. My sincerest thanks!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWY8u3zXjbh8PrLg9

Ben
Old 19-12-2020, 10:18   #90
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
40% to 60% is MASSIVE. Medically that's a very good result for such a fast-changing virus. That sort of benefit is well worth the annual 15 minute investment required for me to get the flu jab. I've been doing it for years, and I cannot remember the last time I had a serious case of flu. (maybe the vaccine fogs my memory)

For the people with a history of vaccine reaction, I sympathize if you're hesitant to keep getting them. But do weigh the severity of the reaction against that of the illness itself, and if you're so inclined, against the possibility of your transmitting the flu to others who would experience severe illness.

Boatman, I don't believe for two seconds that you'd give up your career (and presumably, your passion) over the fear of a little needle.
Needles only bother me when they're drawing blood.. as for the flu shot, I've never had one nor been sick enough to think I have the flu.. good immune system maybe.???
As for giving up deliveries.. its not a career, more a paid hobby I enjoy which is why I pick and choose 2 or 3 a year.. preferably trans ocean or 1500nm+ if I can get them.
I love sex as well but going pro would kill the joy..

Tags
certification