Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2020, 13:10   #61
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Vaccine Hesitancy and the Pandemic

I think all the deniers should definitely not get the vaccine and just get sick. That helps others further down the list to get theirs sooner to protect them from the others.

Some will think I am being mean etc., but that isn't the case. I just figure if they are ok with getting it why should I care.
Old 23-12-2020, 13:15   #62
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
However, Chiapas (who started distributing Ivermectin for COVID in July) has a much lower case count and death rate than the rest of the Mexico.https://c19ivermectin.com/chamie.html
as i stated, early preventatives are available otc here no issue.
Old 23-12-2020, 13:31   #63

Boat: Sceptre 41

A few numbers from Worldometers comparing COVID-19 in Mexico to those in USA & Canada https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Deaths/1M; Tests/1M
USA: 1003; 721,850
Canada: 384; 349,717
Mexico: 922; 26,395

Mexico's death rate (certainly underestimated, given the very low test rate) too high.

Entirely one's own choice. I'm happier to be in Canada; Mexico will be off the list for quite awhile. Until widespread vacinnation.

(Of course, there are countries with better results....)
Old 23-12-2020, 13:34   #64
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I think all the deniers should definitely not get the vaccine and just get sick. That helps others further down the list to get theirs sooner to protect them from the others.

Some will think I am being mean etc., but that isn't the case. I just figure if they are ok with getting it why should I care.
You don't think that the Vaccine shortage is a marketing tool?
Old 23-12-2020, 13:38   #65
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

vaccine is a globalism tool. vaccines are barely effective--see influenza and spanish flu. mutations preclude efficacy.
early treatment is far superior but politicians and globalist schills are bent on panvaccination and tracking for their own control reasons.
i prefer under tested areas over the overtested areas in which each test counts as a case..think about it..one person gets 5 tests becomes 5 cases active on record..corruption all the way.
Old 23-12-2020, 14:41   #66
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
You don't think that the Vaccine shortage is a marketing tool?
There isn't a vaccine shortage except for the limits of production and distribution.

I don't spend a lot of time trying to second guess basic stuff.
Old 23-12-2020, 14:43   #67
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post

"it" in this case being the virus
Old 23-12-2020, 15:57   #68

I'd rather get immune the natural way, and just get the virus and be done with it. I suspect I am not alone. You can go ahead and call me names. I just don't care. I also suspect that I am not alone in not caring what you think.
Old 23-12-2020, 16:16   #69

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
I'd rather get immune the natural way, and just get the virus and be done with it. I suspect I am not alone. You can go ahead and call me names. I just don't care. I also suspect that I am not alone in not caring what you think.
natural immunity may only last a few months... if so, that strategy is not going to work

[Worse, you may be one who gets a worse case, possibly with longer lasting effects... again, natural immunity not a great strategy.]
Old 23-12-2020, 16:21   #70

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
Um, I don’t trust the elites enough to believe they would actually be getting the vaccine.

The elites haven’t taken this pandemic seriously enough to follow their own mandates.
You might look along party lines to see which denied the pandemic and which did not. One shows a concern for the common man, the other doesn’t.
Old 23-12-2020, 16:34   #71

Boat: Retired from CF

One point that i can not see in any of the comments is WHAT IS ACTUALLY IN THE INJECTION THAT ALL THESE HIGH PROFILE PEOPLE TAKE ON TV ????????????

Vaccine or just a bit of salt water???????????

All Politicians are corrupt and when they give you the doll payment , they put their hand into your back pocket and take the money back in a different way.

I have been vaccinated at a child and was all for it as it does make sense to protect yourself and also others BUT those vaccines were developed over much longer times , tested and retested and i feel thast of course all Pharma Companies are corrupt and do the most dirtiest things to get their product to market , the chances that we are now asked to take by accepting this Covid vaccine are much much greater.
I am 60 YO and possibly will be getting an invite sometime in 2021 , i will first watch and i might give it a miss this time.

Let us all look at the past , CONTERGAN was a very safe medicine for pregnant women when my mother carried me. There is not one day that i dont thank my mother for putting up with the sick feelings she had while i was in her tummy . Thank you MUM.
Old 23-12-2020, 16:37   #72

The people you are calling "deniers" call you a denier. I hope you realize that, but you probably don't. The science is settled on covid not being a deadly disease, if you do not have co-morbidity. The numbers are overwhelming. If you are at death's door, stay home. If you are healthy, carry on. The flu has always been, and will always be.
Old 23-12-2020, 17:05   #73

With the new strains and all. It’s spreading faster than they could ever vaccinate. My wife is a medical worker so she has to get the shot but I don’t think I will
Old 23-12-2020, 17:06   #74
cruiser

Boat: Whisstock 63

Absolutely agree...I cannot for the life of me understand why with the minuscule death rates from this virus have gotten so many people panicked into taking a product that has not had time tests and has already caused deaths and paralysis to many of the vaccinated subjects. Remember the real fatalities from this virus are much lower than the CDC, sponsored by the gates foundation, are producing. Anyone dying within 28 days of a test..is being recorded as a cv death. So you have an accident and die...you are recorded as a cv case. Once you have had the vaccine you wont be immune from getting the virus nor will you be not infectious. The requirement to get 75% of the world population vaccinated will do nothing for herd immunity. People really should do their own independent research instead of believing the lies from the media and governments.....
I wont be having one....lets just see the long term damage they cause ....as one poster stated the world IQ is going to go up....but for the opposite reasons he thinks.
Old 23-12-2020, 17:14   #75
CLOD

This thread is just WOW