Re: 2019. Where shall we go?

Deal. June in Fiskardo it is then.
Old 01-12-2018, 20:10   #17

Boat: Amel 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Deal. June in Fiskardo it is then.
I'll be heading west to east, starting from La Rochelle end of May. I'm not sure how fast I'll be going, but I plan to stay in the Med for few seasons. We'll meet up somewhere. Save money for the Oyster...
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 13:55   #18

Boat: Dufour 385

Quote:
I love sailing, exploring, adventuring etc but planning, looking at charts, maps and reading about other peoples experiences comes a close second.

So I find myself planning a whole 12 months of adventures for next year. I know where I want to start and I 'think' have a plan for winter 19/20 but there's about 8 months (March to October) where a lot of fun needs to be had!

I've attached a pic of a very loose Easterly route with some places that I want to stop off at but no specifics. Balearics, Southern Sardinia, Sicily / Malta, Ionion, Aegean, Turkey.

I recently asked you guys for a list of the best marinas to winter in and you came up trumps so I trust you with our cruising itinerary 2019! There's one stipulation, in each of the destinations listed I will need a safe harbour so I can leave the boat and the family while I go off to work for a month but while I'm onboard then as many beautiful anchorages as possible please.

Thanks. Dave, Hayley and Ayla.
Dave,
Let us know when you might hit Siracusa ( great Anchorage btw). We are here when not sailing.
Bob
Bunnellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 22:26   #19

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnellr View Post
Dave,
Let us know when you might hit Siracusa ( great Anchorage btw). We are here when not sailing.
Bob
Well, I've always dreamed of going to Taomina but I don't think there's a marina or an anchorage nearby so Siracusa is a possibility and visit by car. I'm pretty excited about Sicily actually and having spent much of this year in Malta, I'm keen to visit there with the boat too.
Old 03-12-2018, 23:31   #20

Quote:
Well, I've always dreamed of going to Taomina but I don't think there's a marina or an anchorage nearby so Siracusa is a possibility and visit by car. I'm pretty excited about Sicily actually and having spent much of this year in Malta, I'm keen to visit there with the boat too.
We were there last year on a land based trip. Taromina was beautiful but no marina directly adjacent. There was one about 10 miles south though. You could use train/transit to get there.

If you do get a rental car, do a little inland and see the Villa Romana Casale...really incredible roman villa that has been preserved.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote