Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2023, 13:34   #1

A mission to Egypt

Hello Folks my name is Irish and I'm new here. In fact I'm new to the whole world of sailing and boating.

I come here because I'm a bit lost, and would like to ask for guidance in the matter I'm trying to resolve.

A friend of mine has recently come back to live in London from Egypt. When making the move she couldn't bring her dog Chapo with as he's a Frenchie and he wouldn't have survived the flight. I've thought about driving and going either through Syria or Libya plus many other countries would not be ideal and would total 76 hours of non stop driving. There's also no trains going into Egypt and when I was lost for hope I realised that the majority of the planet we are on is covered in water.

I have no boat and no idea where to start, I'm aware we wouldn't be able to make the journey alone so my question is, where do I find someone that would want to go to Egypt and back with us, costs of course covered.

Where does one start looking for someone with a boat that likes to take trips to the Mediterranean?

And sort of help and or advice on this matter would be grately appreciated.

Thank you all
FireFistIrish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Egypt