Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2022, 08:40   #1

Charter in the South of France

Hi all,
I am planning on chartering a monohull in the South of France (Cote d'Azur between Toulon and Cannes). Does anyone have an experience with Kiriacoulis based out of Bormes les Mimosas? I've previously chartered out of Port Pin Rolland with Dream Yacht Charter and, despite reading negative reviews beforehand, had a very good experience. I am now reading similarly negative reviews about Kiriacoulis and am hoping to get some more insight considering that I just recently discovered them.

If anyone has recommendations on other charter companies in that area, I am happy to consider those as well!

Thanks in advance,
Luca
lcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 16:37   #2

Re: Charter in the South of France

Following up on my OP for any future charterers looking for information:

The week and a half charter went very well. Great reception and easy check-in process. The base was also immediately responsive to questions via phone. Bormes les Mimosas is an excellent port with clean + adequate facilities, and serves as a well-positioned starting point for exploring the surrounding areas.

The boat itself was new and only had a few (minor) issues but this was expected and did not interfere with our itinerary. My only regret is not having asked whether the boat had fans!

For anyone considering a charter in this area, I would recommend either DYC out of Port Pin Rolland or Kiriacoulis out of Bormes les Mimosas.
lcosta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, France