Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2018, 08:05   #16
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: Exit stamps

I see no reason to be upset about this situation. Rather you should be totally happy that the Port Police allowed you to leave without fining you. The rules are pretty clear and it would be nearly impossible to believe you didn't know them. How could you clear out of spain, then head to the Balearic Islands? How could you go from the Balearic Islands to Sardinia and think you needed to clear in? Why would the PP think you had been in a Shengren area for over 180 days? Just because of a stamps shape? Doubtful. It was probably because you had been.

The rules are a PITA no doubt. But either follow them or don't complain when you are caught.
Old 26-06-2018, 04:51   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Mo View Post
Actually, my one and only assumption is that they were 90/180 compliant when they arrived in Alghero. Trublew arrived in Gibraltar in September and left in Mid-April, and was meticulous enough to get the Spaniards to stamp him out at the border crossing at La Linea.

Now, in your post,
  • you assume they stayed at the marina in La Linea (not relevant, since they stayed over 6 months in Gib),
  • you assume they stopped in Gib just for fuel (they did not),
  • you assume they got no entry and no exit stamp in Gib (I don't know if they did or did not, but I can tell you in Gib, if you don't formally ask for it, they often don't stamp)
Conversely, I agree 100% with you that if you only stop at one of the fuel docks in Gibraltar for cheap tax-free fuel, then you don't have to register in Gib. But in this case, the fuel attendant is not supposed to even let you walk across the street; you are confined to the fuel station grounds.
Hi Fr Mo,
I appear to have misplaced your last message. Would you mind resending it. Thanks
Trublew
Trublew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 00:54   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublew View Post
Thanks, we have to go past Albania anx Montenegro anyway.
Ok it appears you are headed to Albania (one of our favorite countries) and you can spend the summer sailing coast from Albania all the way north to the end of Croatia and that should take you 90 days or so - then go over to Venice for a few days and sail south along the Italian coast to Malta and then on to Lampadusa and check out of the EU and go to Tunisia for the winter - we did that and it worked well and depending on where you want to sail next year it is a good launching point for your 90 day stay in the EU before jumping out again for 90 days
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 02:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Ok it appears you are headed to Albania (one of our favorite countries) and you can spend the summer sailing coast from Albania all the way north to the end of Croatia and that should take you 90 days or so - then go over to Venice for a few days and sail south along the Italian coast to Malta and then on to Lampadusa and check out of the EU and go to Tunisia for the winter - we did that and it worked well and depending on where you want to sail next year it is a good launching point for your 90 day stay in the EU before jumping out again for 90 days
Thanks chuckr, we appreciate your thoughts.
Trublew is offline   Reply With Quote