Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 12:16   #1

French boat registry

Hello everyone,

I recently came across a boat in Nice, France and noted down its registration number. It’s laying at a parking lot, looks abandoned and its exactly the boat I want these days (see my former post in the forum for the WWP15 search). Location is 43.68095° N, 7.19656° E, 6 Boulevard Jean Luciano, 06200 in Nice.

However, I don’t know who the owner is and would like to find out - and possibly buy the boat.

Could anyone here guide me on how I can look up the owner of a boat in France using just the registration number? Are there any public databases or services that might help?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Selecra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:47   #2

Re: French boat registry

In France, the boat registration for the maritime zone (coastal or offshore navigation zone) has 8 characters, a number assigned by the DDTM (Departmental Directorate of Territories and the Sea) formerly known as the Office of Maritime Affairs. The first two are letters corresponding to the registration area (there are 45 throughout France, including the overseas departments and territories) and the following six are a letter followed by five digits, as stipulated in the Decree of October 21, 2016 relating to the registration of ships and other vessels at sea.

For example, pleasure craft registered in Toulon may bear the following registration: TL A12345. In Ajaccio, it will be AJ A12345 and in La Réunion RU A12345.
Montanan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, enc