Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2013, 01:52   #31

Boat: Catana 42
Re: How Much Should We Pay & Allow Time For?

Hi All,

Based on the safety list supplied to us as above

thanks for post. Catana haven't sent me a list of brands except for the liferaft which is:
a Plastimo Transocean ISO Container 6PL +24h

We thought we try and look at getting a local shipping supplier to quote on the same items plus some and fit onto the boat or have Catana do if they would. The list of what we have added as additional spec to the girl and what we would like to add before we move her. I have just cut and paste this from an email.

She comes with a standard aluminium mast and rigging, the sails are Dacron with 3 reefs in the main a 42 m2 Genoa and a Gennaker 60m2 with bowspit. The Engines are the cheapest option 2x 29hp Volvo sail drive diesels. The electronics are Garmin Chartplotter 7 inch + VHF ASN(DSC) 2001+WiFi antenna with USB outlet= map bluechart G2 XLarge+ Navipilot remote control+usb outlet (chartplotter)
1 Navipod+1 Multifunction+ Navpod and stainless supports
No radar or AIS
An extra we thought would be good are dual engine controls on the port and starboard helms as the vessel is wide and will be easier to dock.
We have an extra holding tank on the port side
4x 80W solar panels
8x White fenders
No spinnaker or gear
1x central electric winch
The rest is very standard a functional kitchen 3 double beds one side devoted to owner and two doubles on the starboard side.
A very lovely boat though !
I'm looking for a boat Chandler close to la Rochelle to buy some safety gear ,a tender RIB, AIS . wet weather gear, second anchor, gas struts on all hatches the Factory is placing a fair bit of pressure to buy the safety gear now.

I would be interested in others thoughts regarding the list and anyone near la Rochelle they would recommend but the added hassle of dealing with customers a long way from their home. If we are missing any thing major or going over can the wise one speak up please =)

Cheers

the Miss
Homepage | Miss Catana
The Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 01:54   #32

Hi All,

Based on the safety list supplied to us as above

thanks for post. Catana haven't sent me a list of brands except for the liferaft which is:
a Plastimo Transocean ISO Container 6PL +24h

We thought we try and look at getting a local shipping supplier to quote on the same items plus some and fit onto the boat or have Catana do if they would. The list of what we have added as additional spec to the girl and what we would like to add before we move her. I have just cut and paste this from an email.

She comes with a standard aluminium mast and rigging, the sails are Dacron with 3 reefs in the main a 42 m2 Genoa and a Gennaker 60m2 with bowspit. The Engines are the cheapest option 2x 29hp Volvo sail drive diesels. The electronics are Garmin Chartplotter 7 inch + VHF ASN(DSC) 2001+WiFi antenna with USB outlet= map bluechart G2 XLarge+ Navipilot remote control+usb outlet (chartplotter)
1 Navipod+1 Multifunction+ Navpod and stainless supports
No radar or AIS
An extra we thought would be good are dual engine controls on the port and starboard helms as the vessel is wide and will be easier to dock.
We have an extra holding tank on the port side
4x 80W solar panels
8x White fenders
No spinnaker or gear
1x central electric winch
The rest is very standard a functional kitchen 3 double beds one side devoted to owner and two doubles on the starboard side.
A very lovely boat though !
I'm looking for a boat Chandler close to la Rochelle to buy some safety gear ,a tender RIB, AIS . wet weather gear, second anchor, gas struts on all hatches the Factory is placing a fair bit of pressure to buy the safety gear now.

I would be interested in others thoughts regarding the list and anyone near la Rochelle they would recommend but the added hassle of dealing with customers a long way from their home. If we are missing any thing major or going over can the wise one speak up please =)

Cheers

the Miss
Homepage | Miss Catana
Old 15-10-2013, 02:06   #33
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

LA Rochelle suppliers are in the link I posted earlier. They are both 100meters from the dock. 29HP engines would be the first thing most would upgrade to 40HP or look for in 2nd hand. 4 80W panels will be around 3000 euro ex VAT fitted with frame and MPPT controller aftermarket. Other retailers there are Uship and bigship, All are well stocked and can order stock in in 2 days, but I found AD the best service and price.
BTW that liferaft is the one I specified earlier for around 1200 euro ex VAT with discount. If catana can fit an AIS transciever for around 750 euro that would be the best option. I don't think id pay extra for dual engine controls. usually you can choose to dock on the better to see side, and if you are med mooring it won't make any difference.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 02:21   #34

G'Day Monte,

Cheers many thanks indeed I do intend to follow up with suppliers.

Yes we were pleased to see the life raft was as your recommendation. We have found a person who lives close to yard who is happy to source most products on safety list for us but we are not sure if they will be too happy for us to do this though. Your price for the life raft of 1200 looks very attractive at this point.

I hate sounding nit picky but when we still have a heap of gear to purchase we are hoping to find the best deal possible, and are getting pressure to sign off on safety package asap from yard but not sure at this stage to be honest.

I am currently writing the coplete list to send via email to supplier for cost comparison

Regardless though this is a process to be enjoyed and appreciate advice.

Many many thanks

the Miss
Homepage | Miss Catana