Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2021, 00:40   #16

Boat: Custom Catamaran
Re: Mediterranean 2021 outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjenkins View Post
Anders and N,

I am currently in Thailand, a relatively COVID-free country, and will be here until my planned travel to Spain. I will visit the Spanish embassy here next week to see whether travelers from Thailand can be admitted. As with everything, things can change, but I am hopeful that travel from Bangkok to Barcelona will be allowed.
Fingers crossed! My boat’s stuck in Valencia, I’m stuck in the UK with a pallet load of parts for it (which are now subject to EU VAT and duties, courtesy of Brexit), and I can’t get to either it or back to family in Aus.

We can only hope the vax rollout continues at speed and countries get on top of this...

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:47   #17

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
Fingers crossed! My boat’s stuck in Valencia, I’m stuck in the UK with a pallet load of parts for it (which are now subject to EU VAT and duties, courtesy of Brexit), and I can’t get to either it or back to family in Aus.

We can only hope the vax rollout continues at speed and countries get on top of this...

N
wish things sort out for you, but you need to be prepared for things turning worse, to avoid disappointment.

AS I understand these vaccines do not make you immune. Even if you get that passport, and pass border, locals may become hostile as there is no warranty you are not infected. Best bet is to pretend to be local, if you can.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:06   #18

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
wish things sort out for you, but you need to be prepared for things turning worse, to avoid disappointment.

AS I understand these vaccines do not make you immune. Even if you get that passport, and pass border, locals may become hostile as there is no warranty you are not infected. Best bet is to pretend to be local, if you can.
Worse than being locked down on/off at home for the past year?

I managed to make it down to the boat a few times last year and everyone’s pretty practical about it. Wearing of masks and sanitising hands is an absolute (and more strictly enforced than here in the UK), Covid tests prior to travel and temperature checks at Alicante are mandatory, and there was no hint of hostility. If anything, the lass at the airport car rental was happy to chat and the boat yard guys were keen to hear what was going on elsewhere.

As with travel at any time, common sense is key and following local rules and regs important to not cause a fuss.

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:27   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Mediterranean 2021 outlook

Quote:

I managed to make it down to the boat a few times last year and everyone’s pretty practical about it. Wearing of masks and sanitising hands is an absolute (and more strictly enforced than here in the UK), Covid tests prior to travel and temperature checks at Alicante are mandatory, and there was no hint of hostility. If anything, the lass at the airport car rental was happy to chat and the boat yard guys were keen to hear what was going on elsewhere.

As with travel at any time, common sense is key and following local rules and regs important to not cause a fuss.

N
Exactly.. Here in Portugal which is being hammered by the UK varients imported over the Christmas break by Brits heading to Lisbon and the Algarve for their hols there is no resentment as far as I have experienced..
Your more likely to get grief over Gibraltar in Spain than Covid.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:11   #20

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjenkins View Post
Anders and N,

I am currently in Thailand, a relatively COVID-free country, and will be here until my planned travel to Spain. I will visit the Spanish embassy here next week to see whether travelers from Thailand can be admitted. As with everything, things can change, but I am hopeful that travel from Bangkok to Barcelona will be allowed.
Most EU countries only allow EU citizens and residents in but Spain is a bit more relaxed and you could be lucky from Thailand.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:58   #21

Boat: Bavaria 40 Ocean

Here is the list of countries and areas from which a negative diagnostic test for active SARS- CoV-2 infection will be required from passengers before entering Spain.

Valid from 8th of February 2021 to 21th of February 2021.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:39   #22

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:

N
Yeah, some people may run out of resources - same pay/support increased food costs. there is hyperinflation creeping in, slowly for now. System loves these lockdowns as serves nice excuse for printing, so i would not pop champagne.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mediterranean