Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2016, 23:04   #1

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 40
Mykonos marina in 2016?

Hello,

After looking for information on the internet about Mykonos Marina in Greece, I am in doubt about its present state. We are in the Saronic golf and we need to go there on the middle of June to pick up a friend that arrives by air. It looks like this Marina is the only place to moor our boat for one day or two but I have read some reports about its uncompleted state and things like that. Would love to know updated information about this marina!

King Regards, Vladis
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 14:15   #2

Boat: Oyster 49
Re: Mykonos marina in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladis View Post
Hello,

After looking for information on the internet about Mykonos Marina in Greece, I am in doubt about its present state. We are in the Saronic golf and we need to go there on the middle of June to pick up a friend that arrives by air. It looks like this Marina is the only place to moor our boat for one day or two but I have read some reports about its uncompleted state and things like that. Would love to know updated information about this marina!

King Regards, Vladis
We sailed from Corfu to Athens and came home last week. Maybe we passed each other?

I understand the Mykonos marina is up and running OK. I hope so, as we are flying there next week (13th June) to pick up our yacht from my co-owner! We then have arranged various family and friends to fly out to Mykonos.
There is more info on the cruiserswiki http://www.cruiserswiki.org/wiki/Mykonos_Marina

If you PM me with your email, I can update you next week?

TudorSailor
Tudorsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 23:32   #3

Hello,

Thanks for replying! After my post I found a web page of a charter operator based in Mykonos and what I learn is that boats moor alongside the quay and alongside other boats up to 3 rows.

Our friends arrive on June 14 very late in the night. I will be arriving by 13. Our boat is MARGARIDA and runs a Portuguese flag. I was wrong on my post. I was in the Argolic golf. I started on May 15 from Preveza down to the south Peleponeso and then north through the East side. If you need any information about this region please feel free to ask!

Regards, Luis (Vladis on CF)
Old 02-06-2016, 00:38   #4

Thanks

I would suggest you edit your post and remove your email address ASAP. Otherwise robots will find it and you will be spammed to death

TS
Old 06-06-2016, 04:24   #5
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

There is a lot of work being done at the marina right now but it's more functional than in the past. There is water and electricity on the quay. You med moor to the quays and there are no lazy lines. It works ok but be prepared to have an anchor tangle. I see no reason to be concerned.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:43   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
There is a lot of work being done at the marina right now but it's more functional than in the past. There is water and electricity on the quay. You med moor to the quays and there are no lazy lines. It works ok but be prepared to have an anchor tangle. I see no reason to be concerned.
Thats reassuring.

Luckily I have a triphook that is invaluable in dealing with crossed anchors

TS
Old 06-06-2016, 05:17   #7

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to get one triphook like that one before sailing to Mykonos next weekend, after what I think is a meltemi blow in the middle of the week!

Vladis
Old 06-06-2016, 05:38   #8

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to get one triphook like that one before sailing to Mykonos next weekend, after what I think is a meltemi blow in the middle of the week!

Vladis
I fly to Mykonos on Monday 13th to take over our shared yacht from our co-owner. If you will be there, you could order a trip hook to come to me and I can bring it out! PM me if this is of interest

TS
Old 06-06-2016, 08:13   #9
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Quote:
Hi,

Vladis
It looks like only Wednesday has Beaufort 8 winds in Mykonos then it's back to normal. Should be nice sailing weather.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:08   #10

Hi,

Arrived this Saturday at 4 pm. As soon as we entered the port a man in a black motorbike waived at us and directed us to a place. I think he is the manager and he helped us with the lines . We got one out of three alongside places. About 5 boats arrived after us and used their anchors to moor med style.

Regarsd, Vladis