Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2013, 04:29   #1

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Thumbs up NASA MARINE

Hi all,

I just want to tell everyone how very very helpful NASA MARINE have been. Our mast head wind unit stopped working. Well NASA would not give up easily and so many many e-mails back and forth to try to solve the problem (we are in North Cyprus). Anyway it was all in vain as the unit is really beyond repair. So we had to bite the bullet and have ordered a new one. Well once again NASA MARINE bent over backwards to help us So a big thank you very much to the company.
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 04:40   #2

Boat: Hunter 340
Re: NASA MARINE

Good to hear you received expert help. I bought the NASA BM-1 voltage monitor and was unable to get assistance. I was told there is only one guy in all of the US who knows anything about this instrument and he was always on vacation. Nice monitor though.
bgallinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19   #3

Boat: Shuttleworth 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgallinger View Post
Good to hear you received expert help. I bought the NASA BM-1 voltage monitor and was unable to get assistance. I was told there is only one guy in all of the US who knows anything about this instrument and he was always on vacation. Nice monitor though.
Did you try emailing them directly? I had a problem with my battery monitor yesterday (just returned to boat after 1 year absence). I emailed them yesterday afternoon and they replied within the hour with a solution.

I have the BM-1 battery monitor - excellent bit of kit - and their LED tricolour and anchor lights. The lights are excellent - very bright, when anchored amongst other boats I can always spot my own! I vaguely remember them coming joint first in a UK magazine test which considering they cost less than 25% of, say, Lopo Lights...
elhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:48   #4

Boat: Hunter 340

It's been so long now I can't remember if I e-mailed them or not. Eventually I figured it all out and the unit is working well. The guide that comes with the instrument is somewhat brief and could stand some improvement.
bgallinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 23:25   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

We had all NASA instruments on our last boat, wind, log, depth, Navtex, AIS, gps repeater, tricolour and anchor LED and they were all excellent value and worked well. Had a unit blow up when battery switch turned off when motoring fixed free, and spares are very cheap. Help is very good if you go to the factory, in my experience, agents are rarely as helpful or knowledgeable particularly on low cost stuff where margins are low.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine