Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2015, 14:56   #121
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Tunisia 8 hostages murdered.

It's all ok guys...Obama will give Iran the Nuke as a balance to Israel and we can finally stop worrying about the Middle East.
Old 21-03-2015, 15:08   #122
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Tunisia 8 hostages murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
Well, no. Karzai is history and the new President Ghani is asking the U.S. to stay.

My, my. Sarcastic bugger, no?

Alas. Something we can agree upon.

You mean, like you?
Naah.. my bladders been shot for a few years now..
Sarcastic.. well yeah..
and how can anyone agree with someone who's always Wrong..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 21-03-2015, 15:27   #123
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
It's all ok guys...Obama will give Iran the Nuke as a balance to Israel and we can finally stop worrying about the Middle East.
LOL... were it down to me I'd leave them to sort it out themselves and redraw their own borders.. in the main they hate spending their own money so it'll sort itself out pretty quick.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
Old 21-03-2015, 17:59   #124
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
The Israeli gov. has stated that with or without US support they would not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon..
Old 21-03-2015, 18:54   #125

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Cool our own political channel

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 21-03-2015, 18:57   #126
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Sneaked in a Gun Thread through the back door...

Old 22-03-2015, 04:46   #127

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
So. In the interest of full disclosure, where do you stand? With the Coalition or Daesh?
Aggressors...America prefers to avoid civilian casualties, but making that possible largely depends on the people we're endeavouring to defend and protect. Otherwise the U.S. Coalition will do what's necessary, whatever the consequences ...
I agree that your "name" is well chosen: WRONG

What you says confirms my opinion that you have a fundamentalist way to look at reality: Or one agrees with the way the coalition acts and the overall policy or it is with Daesh

What you don't seem to understand (neither the ones that stand behind those policies) is if that in the act of killing 100 terrorists, by the way that is done (including civil causalities) conditions are created for the terrorists to recruit a 1000, no matter the number of terrorists the coalition is killing they are winning the war.

The Coalition and particularly the US while on the noble mission of stopping aggression is viewed by an increasing number of local populations as the aggressor. Yes, contrary to what you think consequences regarding the way killing is done matters and matters a lot.

Look again at that video about the use of drones and the confession of a US military operator that following orders confess that had murdered thousands including women and children and imagine the consequences that the indiscriminate use of that type of weapon can have on the civilian population towards the ones that use them.
Old 22-03-2015, 06:15   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Naah.. my bladders been shot for a few years now..
Sarcastic.. well yeah..
and how can anyone agree with someone who's always Wrong..
Old 22-03-2015, 07:06   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I agree that your "name" is well chosen: WRONG
Thanks. There's actually a story behind choosing Wrong as my screen name. But, I can't tell the story here. It would attract the attention of a "" and I'd no doubt be declared wrong again. No matter how true the story is. I've found it's easier to be Wrong on C.F. than right...

Quote:
What you says confirms my opinion that you have a fundamentalist way to look at reality: Or one agrees with the way the coalition acts and the overall policy or it is with Daesh
Don't quite get your drift. But then your opinion isn't important anyway. Try re-wording your post so it's intelligible and try me again...

Quote:
What you don't seem to understand...
And you do? By the way, you need to understand anyone who starts a sentence with "What you don't seem to understand..." is not likely to have many friends and, or their focus is going to shift onto the question of "Who the hell does this guy think he is?"

Quote:
(neither the ones that stand behind those policies) is if that in the act of killing 100 terrorists, by the way that is done (including civil causalities) conditions are created for the terrorists to recruit a 1000, no matter the number of terrorists the coalition is killing they are winning the war.
Well. I sorta get your drift. You don't agree with U.S. public policies. Any policy that entertains fightng back, where terrorists will no doubt die - the more the merrier - must be abandoned. Otherwise the ranks of ISIS will grow at a rate that exceeds the number of terrorists killed by ten to one.

Have you considered the whole picture? Of course not. And if you even cared to know the myriad ways being implemented to staunch the flow of idiots dreaming of joining ISIS, I'm certain you'd say they won't work.

Besides, the Coalitions capacity to 'off' terrorists is not limited to 100 at a go. We're still honing our skills... 1,000 at a pop is not an insurmoutable go. So what says you? Then 2,000 idiots will automagically appear out of the ether to join up?

They're winning the war? Tell us how you know they're winning the war. Please.

Quote:
The Coalition and particularly the US while on the noble mission of stopping aggression is viewed by an increasing number of local populations as the aggressor. Yes, contrary to what you think consequences regarding the way killing is done matters and matters a lot.
Pray tell, more please. Your analysis and prognostications beg for facts. In particular, how "...the way killing is done matters and matters a lot". Like beheadings and other atrocities commited by Daesh is good killing and bombing the hell out of terrorists is bad killing. Have I got that right? If not, please say why not...

Quote:
Look again at that video about the use of drones and the confession of a US military operator that following orders confess that had murdered thousands including women and children and imagine the consequences that the indiscriminate use of that type of weapon can have on the civilian population towards the ones that use them.
I didn't view your linked video, because I expected it would probably a propaganda piece. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Apparently nobody but you truly understands ISIL
And you do? I am prevented by forum rules to say what I truly believe. But, I will in say your words more than suggest your sympathies lie with ISIL. Best you limit your discussions to boat stuff, because you're unlikely to find many here who are willing to suffer very long reading your propaganda.

Old 22-03-2015, 07:20   #130
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Thanks. There's actually a story behind choosing Wrong as my screen name. But, I can't tell the story here. It would attract the attention of a "" and I'd no doubt be declared wrong again. No matter how true the story is. I've found it's easier to be Wrong on C.F. than right...

Don't quite get your drift. But then your opinion isn't important anyway. Try re-wording your post so it's intelligible and try me again...

And you do? By the way, you need to understand anyone who starts a sentence with "What you don't seem to understand..." is not likely to have many friends and, or their focus is going to shift onto the question of "Who the hell does this guy think he is?"

Well. I sorta get your drift. You don't agree with U.S. public policies. Any policy that entertains fightng back, where terrorists will no doubt die - the more the merrier - must be abandoned. Otherwise the ranks of ISIS will grow at a rate that exceeds the number of terrorists killed by ten to one.

Have you considered the whole picture? Of course not. And if you even cared to know the myriad ways being implemented to staunch the flow of idiots dreaming of joining ISIS, I'm certain you'd say they won't work.

Besides, the Coalitions capacity to 'off' terrorists is not limited to 100 at a go. We're still honing our skills... 1,000 at a pop is not an insurmoutable go. So what says you? Then 2,000 idiots will automagically appear out of the ether to join up?

Pray tell, more please. Your analysis and prognostications beg for facts. In particular, how "...the way killing is done matters and matters a lot". Like beheadings and other atrocities commited by Daesh is good killing and bombing the hell out of terrorists is bad killing. Have I got that right? If not, please say why not...

I didn't view your linked video, because I expected it would probably a propaganda piece. Thanks for the confirmation.

And you do? I am prevented by forum rules to say what I truly believe. But, I will in say your words more than suggest your sympathies lie with ISIL. Best you limit your discussions to boat stuff, because you're unlikely to find many here who are willing to suffer very long reading your propaganda.

well well,Wrong is right again and this time someone else is wrong,way wrong..
Old 22-03-2015, 08:06   #131
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

I seriously doubt anyone here supports ISIL.. and in my opinion to start chucking out these accusations is both insulting to everyones intelligence and inflamatory..
What we have here is the 'American View'.. vs.. The European View'..
The American view is from a people thats activily practiced suppression on both its native and imported peoples..
Its a viewpoint thats still struggling with its own internal prejudices more publicly than it would care to.. however.. apart from self inflicted injuries they have never experienced invasion on any scale of note.. apart from disputed territory.
Its remote wars in someone else's lands killing non-americans.. Ragheads, Gooks...
Cool.. till the body bag count starts becoming a political issue then bail..
The European view is from the people of countries that wars have stomped through for centuries.. atrocities are a way of life in Europe.. and has been so through recorded history to this day.. some is common knowledge.. some is not but.. its for our benifit.. so pardon us the common folk if we don't 'Knee Jerk' over here.. life goes on.. it does not shut down.. for anyone.
When that song came out in '65 it sang nothing new.. the Middle East has been warring all my life.. Whats new..
Oh Yeah.. there was 9/11... the sound of sphincters tightening was akin to Krakatoa..
it was tragic.. yes.
it was wrong.. yes..
but you can't keep beating people up and have them say 'I Love You..'
Your late to the party.. and we don't have FOX..
Does this make me anti american.. no
I have bones to pick with just about every nation on earth..
They're all fulla useless crap..

To be fair.. lets have your EU-USA difference of views.. love to know..
France.. I think the supermarket debacles and freedom fries speaks for itself.. lol

Old 22-03-2015, 08:33   #132

Quote:
I seriously doubt anyone here supports ISIL.. and in my opinion to start chucking out these accusations is both insulting to everyones intelligence and inflamatory..
What we have here is the 'American View'.. vs.. The European View'..
The American view is from a people thats activily practiced suppression on both its native and imported peoples..
Its a viewpoint thats still struggling with its own internal prejudices more publicly than it would care to.. however.. apart from self inflicted injuries they have never experienced invasion on any scale of note.. apart from disputed territory.
Its remote wars in someone else's lands killing non-americans.. Ragheads, Gooks...
Cool.. till the body bag count starts becoming a political issue then bail..
The European view is from the people of countries that wars have stomped through for centuries.. atrocities are a way of life in Europe.. and has been so through recorded history to this day.. some is common knowledge.. some is not but.. its for our benifit.. so pardon us the common folk if we don't 'Knee Jerk' over here.. life goes on.. it does not shut down.. for anyone.
When that song came out in '65 it sang nothing new.. the Middle East has been warring all my life.. Whats new..
Oh Yeah.. there was 9/11... the sound of sphincters tightening was akin to Krakatoa..
it was tragic.. yes.
it was wrong.. yes..
Your late to the party.. and we don't have FOX..
Does this make me anti american.. no
I have bones to pick with just about every nation on earth..
They're all fulla useless crap..
Well. Your commentaries are frequently anti-American in words and tone. Are we Americans supposed to quietly suffer while you spew?

Words matter. Context matters. Links to external information and videos not only expose us to propaganda, but can purposefully lead us to sites actively promoting ISIL. The character of content matters. Where do you think recruitment efforts by ISIL are focused and most successful?

I suggest you go back and objectively read posts that positively reveal a poster's beliefs, sympathies and alignements before you state your opinion that anyone who "...starts chucking out these accusations is both insulting to everyones intelligence and inflamatory.."

You're out of line.
Old 22-03-2015, 08:33   #133

Quote:
You don't agree with U.S. public policies. ...

Nothing to do with being a US policy or not. I don't like policies that worsen problems instead of finishing them. All region is destabilized due to coalition interventions and that is a growing field for terrorist movements. Now they even have an army!!!

You certainly agree the situation on terrorism is now worse than 10 years ago? The biggest difference is that a terrorist movement without no support on populations has now a growing support among Muslim populations and I am not talking about a particular movement regarding support but regarding Islamic fundamentalism. There was only a terrorist movement, now there are many.

Regarding population support it has gonna out of North Africa and now you see many youngsters, boys and girls being recruited in European cities (and out of Europe too) to go fighting for the Islam fundamentalist movements and do they so out of altruism because they believe that is right to do so.

Of course I think they are misguided but that is not the point, the point is that murderers that did have almost no support, have today an increasing support. This seems a victory to you? For each terrorist that is killed two or more are recruited. It seems to you a winning strategy?
Old 22-03-2015, 08:55   #134

Quote:
Well, they are beating them while trying to saving them from themselves and that in a way makes kind of a excuse, at least from the savior's point of view.

Seriously, as someone has pointed out about Tunisia the drama is that we are not helping the moderated Islamist to get ride of some radical fundamentalist, we are creating the conditions for the spread of fundamentalism among Muslin populations...and that is just what is happening a bit everywhere, they are not just some radicals anymore and if this goes on sometime in the future they will be winning elections.

Who you suspect about the raise of fundamentalism in Tunisia, the country more Western friendly of the North African's coast? Note that was not an outside attack but done by Tunisians, an internal affair.
Old 22-03-2015, 09:03   #135
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Well, they are beating them while trying to saving them from themselves and that in a way makes kind of a excuse, at least from the savior's point of view.

Seriously, as someone has pointed out about Tunisia the drama is that we are not helping the moderated Islamist to get ride of some radical fundamentalist, we are creating the conditions for the spread of fundamentalism among Muslin populations...and that is just what is happening a bit everywhere, they are not just some radicals anymore and if this goes on sometime in the future they will be winning elections.

Who you suspect about the raise of fundamentalism in Tunisia, the country more Western friendly of the North African's coast? Note that was not an outside attack but done by Tunisians, an internal affair.
Its part of the strategy ,bring them out of the closet and finish them off all at once..Know your enemy..
Closed Thread

Tags
Tunisia