Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56   #1

Boat: 2006 Lagoon 440
Wintering in Turkey

We are two Australian registered Lagoon 440,s, "Dominos" and "Finally My Darling", currently cruising the Cyclades, slowly headed fir Turkey where we are considering wintering, and both want to have our boats on a hard stand from about Mid-November to Mid-late March 2014. Anyone out there with good reports or personal experiences around Bodrum or maybe Marmaris where costs are reasonable, security is good, and people are great to work with?
Coldar1
coldar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:07   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Wintering in Turkey

i had one of my yachts in finike for a few years,nice town,livaboard community,200 ton travelift,,secure hardstanding,very clean with good services and excellent chandler
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 14:44   #3

Try Yat Marın in Marmaris - most reasonable prices, large cruising community, there are services right on the premises and a big working area in town.

P.S. in Turkey the usual sailing season runs until Dec or so. Then the weather usually stabilizes towards mid April..
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 01:06   #4

Boat: Montevideo 43 sloop

@ Coldair - keep in touch - am considering moving from wintering in Cyprus to Turkey - my cats a bit smaller , so hopefully cheaper

Kris SV Footprints
Old 20-08-2013, 13:17   #5

I would highly recommend YATLIFT just outside Bodrum..they have all the facilities for lifting large Cats . The yard is very secure,convenient for Bodrum town and airport,and they have a good workforce if you need any work done.
They are a boatyard..not a marina so don't charge marina prices,but it is a well run,clean place,good showers etc., restaurant onsite,and others nearby and plenty of chandlery businesses in the street .

We have been there 6 years now and would not consider anywhere else.
We are flying back there on Monday 26 August
fishtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 23:58   #6

Boat: Lagoon 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldar1 View Post
We are two Australian registered Lagoon 440,s, "Dominos" and "Finally My Darling", currently cruising the Cyclades, slowly headed fir Turkey where we are considering wintering, and both want to have our boats on a hard stand from about Mid-November to Mid-late March 2014. Anyone out there with good reports or personal experiences around Bodrum or maybe Marmaris where costs are reasonable, security is good, and people are great to work with?
Coldar1
I have a Lagoon 450 to winter on the hard in Turkey as well so keep the post going, very interested as we are sailing that way from Croatia next week. Aussies from WA.
SV OOROO
Consolidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:32   #7

Boat: 31' Cape George Cutter

I second the Yat Marin recommendation (outside Marmaris). It has a huge hardstanding area and can haul superyachts. When hauling out for the winter you will agree a launch date, and you must be there to take the boat when the time comes: boats are packed in tight and cannot be reached earlier, and if not launched at the appointed time will have to be moved at your expense. It is a good place to get work done.

Greg
CarinaPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:18   #8

Boat: Selene 59

We are currently in Netsel Marina in Marmaris, we stayed here last winter on the hard and will do the same this year. Convenient but not cheap.

As for Yat Marin, I think you will find that it is fully booked for winter.

I was very impressed with the facilities at Kas on a recent cruise and they have a campaign going at the moment, e.g. take 6 months get 9 months. Nice staff and their hardstand and steel cradles are practically new. Nice town too. Not too far from Marmaris downwind. If we did not have an annual contract here, we would winter there on the hard.
Buena Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
We are currently in Netsel Marina in Marmaris, we stayed here last winter on the hard and will do the same this year. Convenient but not cheap.

As for Yat Marin, I think you will find that it is fully booked for winter.

I was very impressed with the facilities at Kas on a recent cruise and they have a campaign going at the moment, e.g. take 6 months get 9 months. Nice staff and their hardstand and steel cradles are practically new. Nice town too. Not too far from Marmaris downwind. If we did not have an annual contract here, we would winter there on the hard.
When we spoke with Yat Marin, they said that they definitely have space on the hard for cats. There will also be space on the water, but a bit later. We did not enquire about long term (6 or 12 months) contracts. When did you find out that they're booked for the winter? Both water and on the hard?
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47   #10

Boat: Selene 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiusha View Post
When we spoke with Yat Marin, they said that they definitely have space on the hard for cats. There will also be space on the water, but a bit later. We did not enquire about long term (6 or 12 months) contracts. When did you find out that they're booked for the winter? Both water and on the hard?
I heard a couple of weeks ago from someone who will be wintering on the hard this year. I didn't take much notice as we had no intention of going there anyway, but my assumption was that it meant both on the hard and in the water.
Buena Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 18:01   #11

My cat has just been hauled out and is spending the winter on the hard in Albatros Marina, Marmaris. Not sure if there is any room left there but might be worth inquiring.
One of our Commercial members on this forum may be able to assist with your inquiry.
Try sending a PM to Yeloya.

Seems like an awful lot of Aussies cruising around that area, I had better get some more wine and beer when I jump on board next year :-)
AussieWayne
AussieWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50   #12

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Yat Marin has been refusing boats for winter berthing for at least 6 weeks, maybe 8 weeks. Have not heard anything about winter hardstanding also being fully booked but would not be surprised if their boatyard is also fully booked.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:23   #13

Boat: Jeanneau 54DS
I second the Kas marina recommendation. Brand new faciity, professionally run by the people of Setur marina .
Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35   #14

Talking Re: Wintering in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
... very impressed with the facilities at Kas...Nice town too. Not too far from Marmaris downwind. If we did not have an annual contract here, we would winter there on the hard.
Kaş
Allow me to disagree/differ (at least in part).
Kaş is a small fishing, diving, yachting and tourist town in summer...
worth a visit, a must-drop-anchor on a blue voyage ...and empty from Dec. to April.
Not far? By boat yes...on land its all of 200km west of Antalya (airport),
all of 150km east of Dalaman(airport)(2-3h mountain drive).
Indeed as a tourist town in season it is relatively unspoilt.
In winter -for my taste- it is somewhat in the middle of nowhere
Once you are off the boat you most likely will want/need a car

The marina is big, new and impressive and was "quiet" "empty" ...
Found the Migros there expensive for a liveaboard!
I know people wintering there - but they stay in Antalya
vRUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 06:40   #15

Location: Boat in Preveza Greece, awaiting our next trip, we are based Sunshine Coast Australia
Boat: Jeanneau SunFast 43
Send a message via Skype™ to OzDean

Where did you end up, I have been 2 years at Bodrum YatLift, no problems, heading over there in June
OzDean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle, Turkey