Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10   #16

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe
Re: Poopy Rumor*******Poopy Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Bill-reread my post- I never said what the helicopter was looking for, my comment was only that it did fly over ,and very low - over the boats in anchorage and the marinas-we all just presumed it was looking for folks flushing toilets??- nearly as low as the masts on the boats, but it happened-and while it may still fly over I dont think its flying 100 feet over the water anymore!-- beleave it or not!
Ram, I think I found it. Now, we will have some real stories...

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Poopy Copter.JPG
Views:	736
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	44349  
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:46   #17

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Re: Poopy Rumor*******Poopy Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by svBeBe View Post
Ram, I think I found it. Now, we will have some real stories...

Bill
We realy like that picture Bill. Thanks for all the research that you did. We are not at all concerned now as we have the "Blue Card"

All the very best to and Judy.

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:21   #18

Re: Yat Marine-Marmaris

I arrived in Turkey 2 weeks ago at Turgeitreis and acquired a blue card.

Speaking to a Turkish captain at the marina he confirmed he carries one and does pump.

It was not mandatory to purchase a blue card however the law is clear: all national and foreign flagged ships are required to have a card and pump out, at least in Mugla Province (Covers Bodrum to Fethiye).

I have since pumped out, a rather tedious affair at Marmaris Yacht Marine, but very competent. Cost 15 euro.

I was asked by a harbour master whether I had a card whne I did a crew change form. Not sure what would have happened if I did not have one.

I did see a pump out boat in the Gorkova Gulf but did not need to ise it.

Tedious but it does keep the sea clean.
balestear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57   #19

Boat: Wauquiez 43 PS

The Coast Guard helicopters did fly over Yat Marine five years ago. However, they were not looking for "pooper" dumpers. At that time YM had a fuel station, and had several fuel spills, for which they were fined. They were also fined for individual yachts polluting the water with oil based liquids such as varnish and gel coats repair work. It is easy to see the oil slick from the air, where you cannot from the water.
We have been at YM for over six years and have never heard of any single boat having been fined for dumping their sewage, even thou we know of boats that do it even in the slips.

Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"
gegroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 13:53   #20

Boat: dufour 30

hi again,
sorry for the delay, at the end I read the law.
the law said that whatever the boat's flag is, every boat must buy a bluecard. the bluecard system is not just for the black water at the same time for the gray water. but nowadays they just interested in black water. the law was effective first at mugla region nearly one year ago, just began at antalya region and till 2013 august will be effective at the all seaside regions in turkey.
I asked some friends, they said at the beginning the law is just for turkish boats then it changed. sorry for giving wrong knowledge. I never want this. but when I read the same at the amateur sailor's web, I didn't hesitate to write for helping a sailor.
this project began at gocek region because there are islands which makes gocek a no circulation area. the wind blows always from west and gocek region close to west.gocek is nearly like a lake. when you think 2000 boats are visiting gocek at the same time, you can understand the reason.
international marpol contract accept boats 10 people living in, out of marpol law. So you can decharge your waste 3 nm (maybe more I don't know exactly) faraway from the coast. some sailors say turkey signed marpol so it is valid for turkey.
in my opinion, no circulation areas like gocek needs this system for protection. if there are enough stations and collector boats for pumping the waste, I believe everybody wants to protect the sea. but if you are sailing 3 nm faraway from the coast at the open sea, decharging should be acceptable. in the bays there are a lot of boats but at the open sea just a few.
there is a mess now, we are living the beginning period.
turkish sailors arguing this system I hope we can make an advance.
I hope the best for the sea.
hurryzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 14:57   #21

Well we have just returned home after spending 5weeks cruising Turkey ,and having purchased the blue card earlier in the year for 20 ytl,we have been unable to find any place where we could get pumped out.
Admittedly we did not visit the Marmaris bay area or Fetiye/Gocek region bays as we find them too crowded. In Datca,we tried to get a pump out but their equipment was designed for gulets,and not for yachts. They did scan the card though and told us to go out to sea and empty the tank. Which we did.
Apparently their are pump out equipments in some of the marinas,but again,we avoid Marinas due to the cost.
So after7weeks in the spring and 5weeks in the autumn,we were not asked for the blue card,and did not meet anyone who had been.
I hope though that the threat of fines will encourage yachts to be considerate and discharge responsibly..ie well out to sea.
fishtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34   #22

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Smile Re: Yat Marine-Marmaris

We have now checked out of TURKEY and we never pumped out. No one ever asked to see the blue card.

We wanted to pump out at Marmaris but the portable pump out machine was away.

We dumped out at sea.

We then tried to get pumped out at FINIKE but "not possible at weekend" so dumped at sea.

Hay ho.

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:21   #23

Boat: Bavaria 37

As a matter of fact, nothing has changed !
Each year the quite same thread, each year someone who has heard someone who has heard some one who has heard some onewho has heard some onewho has heard some one... Sorry for that !
Well, shall I say (in good english) I am pumped out with the Blue Card system? Or is it a wrong way to say what I feel about it? Just to improve my english language...
Jacques2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:06   #24

Boat: Oyster 435 - Miyagi Moon
Send a message via Skype™ to miyagimoon
Mavi Kart - Blue Card

Go into the Mugla area, check in and buy a card (20TL). Then read the back of the card

"Rules for Ships
1. All ships travelling on the marine and coasts of Mugla Province are obliged to hand over their waste born from their normal facility to a waste accepting ship or installation licensed by Ministry of Forestry and Environment.

2. It's obilgatory to show this certificate at any control. Otherwise fining and other legal procedures will be applied according to 2872 numbered Environmetal Law.

3. 73/78 MARPOL Convention articles provisions are reserved."

I rest my case your honour.
miyagimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:15   #25

Boat: Bavaria 37

I agree !
In Shakespeare, for example, we can find a lot of examples to show that :
"they are laws in theory and laws in practice."..
(I just replaced the word "value" by the word "laws", doesn't matter indeed.
Jacques2 is offline   Reply With Quote