Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-11-2021, 10:14   #1

Bareboating Covid Restrictions for Virgin Islands

Fellow Sailors,

Currently looking to bareboat out of Red Hook/USVI and developing a sail plan. It is my understanding that sailing from USVI to BVI is still restricted/not allowed. However, I have not found evidence/notifications of restrictions from USVI to Spanish Virgin Islands (SVI). Anyone aware and can point me to information/worksite outlining Covid Restrictions for sailing into SVI?

Thank you.

Regards,
RCRSailor
RCRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 11:05   #2

Re: Bareboating Covid Restrictions for Virgin Islands

I have just returned from a Charter in the BVI. I would personally avoid heading there from the USVI>. You have to have a negative covid test both before entering BVI and upon arrival in the BVI. the test is $50. Lots of hoops to jump through to then return to the USVI after you visit the BVI.
In short, I would just rent and stay in the USVI. Less hassle which means more pleasure

Don
dhenline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 07:07   #3

https://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=p...d+restrictions
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 08:29   #4

I just got back from 12 days out of the Red Hook area that included a few days at Culebra and Culebrita before heading to St John. Most the the guidelines we read at Discover Puerto Rico revolved around arriving by air or cruise ship. We were all vaccinated and carried our cards, but we never actually went into the town or interacted with any people. We just walked deserted beaches and snorkeled. Vieques may have been a different story, but that would have been just too tough a slog 39 miles back eastbound with the sea conditions we had so we never got there. Check with your charter company whether they include SVI as a sailing area, some don't because they don't want to go that far if your boat needed technical support. St Croix falls into the same category, possible if you have decent experience and you ask ahead of time.
BrianInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, boat, boating, Virgin Islands