Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2021, 17:27   #1

Boat: Pearson 10M
BVI charter

Good day all,

Chartering for the first time starting November 6th in the BVI. My girlfriend has a concern about security. What has been your experience? Is anyone aware of boats on a mooring being broken into? Is dinghy theft an issue? I am not concerned about the usual troublemakers that you would find in any destination, More concerned about possessions left on the boat.

Thank you all for your input.
sagablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2021, 17:54   #2

Re: BVI charter

Personal security is not an issue; just do as you would in most countries.

Dingy and boat security should also not be a problem; just do as the charter company advises.

BVI is very safe.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 22:01   #3

Boat: Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Been there a dozen+ times on charter. Never had a problem. We've never even locked up the boat when we go to shore or the bar.

I had a friend who had his dinghy stolen at Anegada, but otherwise, nothing to report.

Enjoy. The BVI's are wonderful. I could spend a couple of weeks just hanging out in the Bight, hiking Norman Island, snorkeling on the backside of the island, eating great dinners at Pirates, and partying at the Wily T.
dave907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 11:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
Good day all,

Chartering for the first time starting November 6th in the BVI. My girlfriend has a concern about security. What has been your experience? Is anyone aware of boats on a mooring being broken into? Is dinghy theft an issue? I am not concerned about the usual troublemakers that you would find in any destination, More concerned about possessions left on the boat.

Thank you all for your input.
We're chartering out of scrub on the 6th. We've been several times. Never had an issue with theft or felt less than safe.
JudgySkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2021, 11:13   #5

Boat: Pearson 10M

Thank you all, I appreciate the responses!
sagablu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI, charter