Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 10:59   #16

Boat: Privilege 37
Hmmm... It really becomes difficult when you are cruising under a time constraint. It tends to make folks focus on the time and they tend to make judgements that are heavily weighted by the time constaint. Many times these judgements make them do things that are... ill founded. Which ruffly translates to $$$, saftey and/or fun.

I'd buy my tickets for the pane, get the boat fixed and come back for the boat when I am less constrained.

Oh, by the way. How many people are sailing I don't know about you, but sailing continually for more than 3 days and nights with just a couple and maintaining a proper watch is starting to get,.... unpleasent!.

Cheer!

Keith
Strygaldwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:01   #17

After troubleshooting it turns out hydraulics are fine, transmission is fine and the problem most likely was something lodged in the feathering Variprop. Prop is working, boat is steering. Had we not been in towing range with an insured tower we would have used our emergency tiller or the Saye's Rig. The effect of all the trouble shooting is that we know tranny and hydraulics are fine. The rigging is new, I am confident in the boat and I think we're going next week on the tail of a front. I am really grateful for all the advice here. An amazing resource.
Hannah on 'Rita T' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:20   #18
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah on 'Rita T' View Post
After troubleshooting it turns out hydraulics are fine, transmission is fine and the problem most likely was something lodged in the feathering Variprop. Prop is working, boat is steering. Had we not been in towing range with an insured tower we would have used our emergency tiller or the Saye's Rig. The effect of all the trouble shooting is that we know tranny and hydraulics are fine. The rigging is new, I am confident in the boat and I think we're going next week on the tail of a front. I am really grateful for all the advice here. An amazing resource.
hoooyaaahhhh!!!!! whew--i know that is a load off... glad is nothing much..whew--now--GO.... sail to carib!!!!!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:24   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Nice one... gives you a nice time line for the BVI's... you figuring Thursday... or tomorrow for heading out to Route 66...lol

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 13:03   #20
cruiser

sounds like fun.. i hope i can find some trips like this when i get there...

is there a resource to look up for these adventures???

and good luck, and take soem pics please..
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 13:24   #21

We won't follow this week's front but next week's, macerator, starboard fuel line and running lights still need to be addressed but these are all things we've done before.
Hannah on 'Rita T' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail