Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 12:01   #1

Current Fuel Prices in the Leeward

Hello, can anyone tell me what the current prices is in St. Martin for marine diesel? We are going to be chartering down there later next June and I am trying to decide whether I should pre-purchase fuel at ~$2USD/litre or just deal with it when we are there. Obviously, prices may be significantly different by the time our charter arrives, but I suppose knowing what they are right now would be a good starting point.

Thank-you!
capnmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 16:20   #2

Boat: Vagabond 42
Re: Current Fuel Prices in the Leeward

I'll be there next week putting Callisto back in the water and I'll let you know.
If you are going out of Anse Marcel, the closest alternative fuel dock is Marigot or you would have to time the bridges to get to Island Water World. Go for the $2 liter. That's about what I was paying in July. Especially if the prepaid fuel is loaded on the boat and you don't have to mess with it. Just get onboard your fueled and provisioned boat, cast off and have fun!
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:56   #3

Boat: Vagabond 42
Re: Current Fuel Prices in the Leeward

Capnmatt
The price for diesel at Island Water World today is $1.38/L.
IWW is in Simpson Bay Lagoon. You will have to hit the bridge(s) to get into the lagoon. Not sure the cost at the French side Marigot fuel dock but it will be in Euros.
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current, fuel, price