Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2022, 13:20   #1

Boat: Oyster 66
Guadeloupe from Antigua

With crew with UK and US passports, what are the entry requirements from Antigua into Guadeloupe? I heard people have cleared into Deshais without any Covid test being necessary, but looking at links on the Guadeloupe govt website it seems they do want antigen tests doing first, but I'm a bit confused.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 13:25   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Re: Guadeloupe from Antigua

I recently checked into that and only found information on the French language pages. Fully vaccinated require neither a valid reason for visiting nor a test to enter.
I'll be passing through Deshaies in a week or so going the other direction (I'll clear into the Saintes and clear out of Deshaies on my way to Antigua)
Old 16-04-2022, 13:43   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

If you have time you could apply for a Passe Sanitaire. They issued on to myself and my Wife.
hpeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 15:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
I recently checked into that and only found information on the French language pages. Fully vaccinated require neither a valid reason for visiting nor a test to enter.
I'll be passing through Deshaies in a week or so going the other direction (I'll clear into the Saintes and clear out of Deshaies on my way to Antigua)
According to here that only applies to arrivals from the EU, yet I suspect from people who passed thru they might apply the rules to everyone.

I hope to see you when paths cross

https://www.guadeloupe.gouv.fr/Polit...-en-Guadeloupe
Old 16-04-2022, 15:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
If you have time you could apply for a Passe Sanitaire. They issued on to myself and my Wife.
I have one via the Tous-Anti-Covid app. I don’t think it applies to clearance in Guadeloupe as far as I can see.
Old 17-04-2022, 03:12   #6

@poiu - it does look like fully vaccinated don't need a test, but if coming from another island in the chain except those listed you still need a reason to enter Guadeloupe. It used to be that for St. Martin, getting boat parts was sufficient reason, but I don't think that will work for Guadeloupe.

That sucks, I had really looked forward to revisiting the Saintes. It looks like I'll go straight from St. Lucia to Antigua after all. It is only 200NM so not a biggie.
Old 17-04-2022, 03:18   #7

This site shows that you don't need a reason to enter, but do need a test. It is linked to by the Marina bas-du-fort in Pointe-a-Pitre.

Old 17-04-2022, 04:11   #8

Friends were just in Guadalupe, sailing from St Martin, they didn't require any testing. I'm not aware that the French island require any testing currently. They were required to wear a mask while outdoors in Martinique. We're in St Martin currently and will sail to Antigua for race week then on to Guadalupe and down the chain to Trinidad. We've not heard any testing is required.
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2022, 05:52   #9

Quote:
This site shows that you don't need a reason to enter, but do need a test. It is linked to by the Marina bas-du-fort in Pointe-a-Pitre.

Those are the rules for arrivals by air (see the menu headings on the left). My link above is for sea arrivals and is as you described in your previous post.

It’s a muddle. Why should aviation arrivals have a different regime?
Old 17-04-2022, 05:55   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joli View Post
Friends were just in Guadalupe, sailing from St Martin, they didn't require any testing. I'm not aware that the French island require any testing currently. They were required to wear a mask while outdoors in Martinique. We're in St Martin currently and will sail to Antigua for race week then on to Guadalupe and down the chain to Trinidad. We've not heard any testing is required.
Rules for travel from the French islands are more lax. No test needed. It’s in my link above.
Old 17-04-2022, 07:01   #11

poiu - but I'm not coming from a French island, so according to the official maritime page I need a valid reason in order to enter as a pleasure vessel. And while the other link points to aviation, the marina in Pointe-a-Pitre says those rules apply.

Will you be racing during Sailing Week?

Overall, the mess and contradictions make Guadeloupe less interesting now and I'd rather not deal with the hassle. Fully vaccinated crews can clear into Antigua with only the eseaclear and VHF permission and there is no PCR-Test requirement so I'll be doing that. Perhaps the French islands will relax their rules in May. I'm not sure how much of the boating income in Guadeloupe and Martinique comes from cruising boats in relation to local boats, but if they still have their islands closed off in this manner they must be suffering.
Old 17-04-2022, 08:01   #12

Quote:
poiu - but I'm not coming from a French island, so according to the official maritime page I need a valid reason in order to enter as a pleasure vessel. And while the other link points to aviation, the marina in Pointe-a-Pitre says those rules apply.

Will you be racing during Sailing Week?

Overall, the mess and contradictions make Guadeloupe less interesting now and I'd rather not deal with the hassle. Fully vaccinated crews can clear into Antigua with only the eseaclear and VHF permission and there is no PCR-Test requirement so I'll be doing that. Perhaps the French islands will relax their rules in May. I'm not sure how much of the boating income in Guadeloupe and Martinique comes from cruising boats in relation to local boats, but if they still have their islands closed off in this manner they must be suffering.

I know you are not coming from a French island. That message was directed at another poster.

The marina link actually says it is a link to the rules for aviation and for marine arrivals. (The further link for marine arrivals being on the aviation page linked to), so I agree it is not crystal clear what they mean,, but my interpretation is they require proof of necessary travel.

I suspect you could just turn up. What can happen? They will either say get a test or go and sail away as you are in breach of the rules or most probably say fine and clear you in without asking for further documents.

There are plenty of French charter yachts around, which have come to Antigua from the French islands and who are bound by these rules. It would be too risky for them if the rules were applied, that they wouldn't get the permit authorising necessary travel, so I think the rules in practice are probably something else. .

I'm not sure about sailing week. I have an invitation and if I can get to know the rest of the crew first I may well do it. My boat is not set up for racing.
Old 17-04-2022, 08:20   #13

I'll be at Sailing Week aboard the committee boat - I've been volunteering there for over 10 years...

I always anchor in Falmouth harbour, usually pretty far out. It can get choppy out there and there are some mooring balls close to the docks which are privately maintained and rented and I might opt for that. Perhaps we can meet up sometime during the week, I'll be aboard committee catamaran "A" which is at the docks right by the AYC.
Old 17-04-2022, 12:00   #14

Quote:
I'll be at Sailing Week aboard the committee boat - I've been volunteering there for over 10 years...

I always anchor in Falmouth harbour, usually pretty far out. It can get choppy out there and there are some mooring balls close to the docks which are privately maintained and rented and I might opt for that. Perhaps we can meet up sometime during the week, I'll be aboard committee catamaran "A" which is at the docks right by the AYC.
Good. I’ll be there too. I’ll come over.
Old 18-04-2022, 06:27   #15

Boat: Oyster 55

Just left Guadeloupe and Saintes few weeks ago. Came from Antigua. No testing needed.
However did have to have tests to return to Antigua which has since been lifted.
My only advice is to check local requirements frequently since they can change overnight.
Just arrived in SXM ....no testing required.
caradow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Antigua, Guadeloupe