Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 13:47   #106
cruiser

Re: Marathon / Derelict Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Oh no... he was not on the boat when the cops stopped by.

I could not tell if the police was the local Marathon police or the FWC. It looked like an FWC uniform but I was too busy polishing my stainless and averting my eyes as to not appear as a target to notice

No, the police did not board his boat. Only has the pumpout boat circle around and look at the boat from the outside. The only time the boat was boarded is when he put the notice on the companionway. However, I did notice that on return, the owner immediately put on his wetsuit and jumped over the side. Not sure what he was doing because I did not see him cleaning the bottom.

I guess the more important question is why the boat in front of me, that has no name, no hailing port, no numbers, no nothing on it except detritus and a hole in the keel did not get a ticket. Maybe they already have proceedings against them.
If its FWC that eliminates all the conspiracy theories that he was cited for a bad paint job, debris on deck etc. FWC can only enforce state laws and there are no Florida laws concerning the appearance of a boat.
Old 08-02-2015, 14:02   #107
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShoes View Post
Citizens not idiots, protected under the us constitution from illegal search and seizures. Unlawful detainment vwhere no crime has been commited. Requiring people to show id, when it clearly states that that freedom of movement shall not be infringed, nor is it a requirement to show your papers. So the police resorts to intimidation.

Another in denial.
Wow you are just a sovereign citizen nutbag aren't you? You see conspiracy at every turn. You are stupid enough to form an opinion on an edited YouTube video and ignorant enough to think you know enough about law to make an informed judgment from a video. I bet you think blacks law dictionary actually means something and you only need a license for commerce. Sheesh. Guess what Slapnuts, you don't have protection from search on a boat.
Old 08-02-2015, 14:02   #108

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Wait a minute... WHAT? I said nothing of the sort. My original inquiry is wonderment that a small seemingly clean vessel got a ticket and the large wreck right next to him didn't. That's it.

I do think that law being enforced based on ambiguous rules without definition (e.g. 'derelict' and 'minimal wake') are probably illegal through that ambiguity. Suppose our DUI laws said, "minimal alcohol consumption" or our speed limit signs either said SLOW or FAST but never listed a speed. I mean, this is crazy - these states need to start putting some solid definitions around what this stuff means.

Clearly, the registration thing is understood and defined but that's pretty much the only hard/fast rule I can think of in regards to boating, except maybe portions of the COLREGS like lighting and right of way and even that is somewhat amorphous.
Maybe you should ask what the violation was. Either the owner or LE.
The LE bashing seems unwarranted?
Old 08-02-2015, 14:04   #109
cruiser

It was probably not a ticket. If he had to catch a ride on the pumpout boat, it was a local and there is a good chance he delivered a subpoena. That would elicit the same MFer response.
Old 08-02-2015, 14:09   #110

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
It was probably not a ticket. If he had to catch a ride on the pumpout boat, it was a local and there is a good chance he delivered a subpoena. That would elicit the same MFer response.
Lol that's true.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 08-02-2015, 21:56   #111

Boat: cheoy lee 35 (perry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Wow you are just a sovereign citizen nutbag aren't you? You see conspiracy at every turn. You are stupid enough to form an opinion on an edited YouTube video and ignorant enough to think you know enough about law to make an informed judgment from a video. I bet you think blacks law dictionary actually means something and you only need a license for commerce. Sheesh. Guess what Slapnuts, you don't have protection from search on a boat.
Slapnuts, thats funny right there! Sovereign citizen? This is who I am:

"I am a citizen of the most beautiful nation on earth. A nation whose laws are harsh yet simple, a nation that never cheats, which is immense and without borders, where life is lived in the present. In this limitless nation, this nation of wind, light, and peace, there is no other ruler besides the sea."

An now I must leave to rejoin my nation.

Y'all Dock Daisies and Armchair sailor, there is more to life than sitting in a chair wishing, more than the 9 to 5, more than a marina, more than anything there is a big world out here, and plenty of room for everyone. You only have one life, best make everyday count.

To the LEO bootlickers who are in denial, take a look see, a real look see at Bad Cop, No Donut! and read a few pages. I didnt make this **** up, this **** is happening, and one day it will happen to you. I am happy I live on the sea, far away from these thug jackbooted cops.

Fare thee well
Old 08-02-2015, 22:07   #112

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Maybe you should ask what the violation was. Either the owner or LE.
The LE bashing seems unwarranted?
WHAT?
Old 08-02-2015, 22:13   #113

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Guys, I am telling you... when I spoke to the Marina staff whom was running the pumpout boat that the (probably) Marathon city police department got a ride on he told me they were specifically looking for derelict boats.

Marathon is a managed mooring field. This also means that areas AROUND the mooring field are designated as "managed anchoring areas". This is part of the Florida state mooring program, so the state, and I guess the army corp of engineers, has granted to the cities the right to enforce arbitrary rules regarding anchoring and mooring.

This is a perfect example of why we can't have cities just making up laws about anchoring or even the waterways, which have hundreds of years of precedent around them.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:50   #114
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I check into the thread to see if maybe we can find out what really happened and what the ticket was for. Because that is something maybe of interest for a cruiser to know about.

But I can pretty much predict what is instead going to happen if the anti-govt type of posts keep going on.

Don wins this weeks prize for fortune telling

This thread has been going around in circles, no answer to the original post, and just about everyone has expressed their opinion repeatedly.

As some of the post are becoming far from polite, it's time to put this baby to bed.

Thanks
Closed Thread