Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2018, 08:58   #16

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Marqueses, 56
Re: Marine Carpentry Outside of the Hurricane Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnautilus View Post
Have spent time and done refits in both Grenada and Curacao on a 52’ monohull.
Curacao Marine is a great yard for working in and has some great craftsmen.....excellent carpenter and welder and mechanic....it is also very reasonably priced compared to Grenada. The yard has cheap rental cars and you can stay in an air BNB which is more comfortable than staying on the boat on the hard. They can haul your cat. I saw a large lagoon which had a head converted to a storage space while I was there....the drawers, doors and veneers were perfect.

Grenada Marine has less quality craftsmen and is more expensive. It is also very remote from developed areas and you will have to stay on the boat or at a more expensive lodging. It is more convenient if you are staying in the windwards or leewards.....a bit of a slog back from Curacao.
PM me if I can be of further help...
Thanks sailnautilus! I will add Cuacao to the list and pm you as I come up with more questions.
Southpass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, marine