Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2011, 15:31   #16

Re: Need Help with BVIs or Bahamas

I'd have to third George Town. You can rent a Whaler and hit dozens of deserted beaches both along Stocking Island and Crab Cay. A great community there, too. For a place to stay, Club Peace & Plenty has been very good to me, and I'd call the bar at the Two Turtles my favorite bar on the planet.

I've gone in November several times, and March a couple of times. But there's never a bad time to be there as far as I'm concerned.

If you decide to go, make sure you find the deserted beaches on Stocking Island, down by the north end. Three private, gorgeous beaches you have to want to get to, but when you do, they are worth seeing.
whiporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 15:46   #17

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36
Re: Need Help with BVIs or Bahamas

We spend most of the winter in Hopetown. Lots of great cottages for rent. The weather is not perfact but it is easy to get to and fun. Lots of great beaches. Not expensive.

You might like St John USVI. Many beaches and some great places to rent. Check out Catered To Vacation Homes » Villas The weather is much more predictable in the BVI /USVI Do not stay on St Thomas. Paridise is only a few miles away.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
S/V Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, bahamas