Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2022, 12:53   #1

Boat: Contessa 26
Recommendations for vehicle and trailer storage in Florida

Introducing my wife to cruising and the plan is to tow a Contessa 26 to South or Central Florida and sail the ICW for a short while before making the jump to Bimini and beyond. If anyone has any leads on safe storage for an SUV and sailboat trailer for about 2-3 months duration, please let me know.
We are targeting Fall of 2022, but more likely it will be 2023.
Vince124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 14:10   #2

Boat: Beneteau 323
Re: Recommendations for vehicle and trailer storage in Florida

A guy named Kory owns a storage facility in Miami, or did back in 2013. Really nice guy and safe facility 305.807.6126. Also, you may want to look into a private lot that provides longterm vehicle storage near an airport. For shorter stays, Habour Town Marina in Dania Beach is like 15 bucks a day and has nighttime security.
Capt. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2022, 07:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Greg View Post
A guy named Kory owns a storage facility in Miami, or did back in 2013. Really nice guy and safe facility 305.807.6126. Also, you may want to look into a private lot that provides longterm vehicle storage near an airport. For shorter stays, Habour Town Marina in Dania Beach is like 15 bucks a day and has nighttime security.
Thanks for the lead Greg. I will check them out.
Old 28-07-2022, 10:21   #4

I keep my sailboat at a family run storage facility outside Moore Haven Florida. It is called the Glades Boat storage and I have enclosed the link. It is located close to Lake Okeechobee and is equal distance to each coast. The canal should be no problem for a Contessa 26. The long term boat or car and trailer storage is reasonable and secure. I would recommend trailering the 26 and they can haul and launch you with the travel lift. The rates for work yard storage is $18.00 a day. and you can live aboard. They have shower facilities.Nice working boatyard atmoshere with friendly residents and staff. I keep my boat in storage (based on per foot cost) and have them haul it out to the work yard for my maintenance, I have them put it back for me upon my work completion. Not ready to launch yet.
Glades Boat Storage is owned and operated by boaters, do it yourself boat storage, no tides, fresh water
give it a consideration you won't be disappointed.
tartan 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 07:39   #5

Thanks, I will certainly check them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan 37 View Post
I keep my sailboat at a family run storage facility outside Moore Haven Florida. It is called the Glades Boat storage and I have enclosed the link. It is located close to Lake Okeechobee and is equal distance to each coast. The canal should be no problem for a Contessa 26. The long term boat or car and trailer storage is reasonable and secure. I would recommend trailering the 26 and they can haul and launch you with the travel lift. The rates for work yard storage is $18.00 a day. and you can live aboard. They have shower facilities.Nice working boatyard atmoshere with friendly residents and staff. I keep my boat in storage (based on per foot cost) and have them haul it out to the work yard for my maintenance, I have them put it back for me upon my work completion. Not ready to launch yet.
Glades Boat Storage is owned and operated by boaters, do it yourself boat storage, no tides, fresh water
give it a consideration you won't be disappointed.
Old 29-07-2022, 10:22   #6

Boat: 1982 Beneteau First 42'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince124 View Post
Thanks for the lead Greg. I will check them out.
How big of a truck and trailer? If you're jumping off in Jupiter I may be able to accomodate.
My late Dad's boat. So many great memories in the Keys/Bahama. Currently trying to figure out how we can continue the adventure without him. ISO of inexpensive wet storage and someone to teach the systems on the boat
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 10:27   #7

Large SUV, the trailer is approximately 30'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar View Post
How big of a truck and trailer? If you're jumping off in Jupiter I may be able to accomodate.

Tags
florida, men, storage, trailer