Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:46   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGGeronimo
PS don't go south of Hispaniola on way from bahamas to Puerto Rico. You would give up way too much ground to windward.
Thanks for the advice. The captains original plan from key west was to cross over to bahamas stop in chub cay to re fuel and go out through providence channel to 66 and head south but upon reaching chub cay decided with winds from east to head as far south as possible and look for weather window for easting. I dont know if this was a prudent choice or not but cant do anything about it now. I believe his logic was to keep moving but who can tell. I also think he was trying to meet a time constraint of his or one of his crew members which is never a good idea but this what im stuck with. Now im debating wether to spend some time in the bahamas before hiring someone to ultimately help us make the crossing to dr or hire captain to finish the job and finish the trip in bahamas. Hesitant to make crossing with our 5 and 8 year old. Have several qualified captains to vet who say they are willing to move the boat for us.
1rkghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Trip Advice

From what I can see there's 30kts forecast for Sat though Sunday then easing... you look good for a run Tues lunchtime allowing time for sea's to ease..
But I've never done that section... can't be much worse than BVI's to St Martin..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote