Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2011, 15:44   #1

Virginia to San Diego Sail

Hello, I am helping plan a voyage from Virginia to San Diego on a 40' blue water boat. I have done some sailing in the SOCAL area but none on the east coast or Carribian. The soonest we could do the trip would be Late August-September. I was hoping to get some insight on the gulf stream, seasonal winds, places to visit, best courses to take on the way down the coast, etc. Also if you guys could reccomend some good reading material that would be appriciated. Thanks in advance I know this seems very broadbrush but I at this point I am open to all advice. Thanks. -Will
will1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:11   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo
Re: Virginia to San Diego Sail

Welcome to CF Will1515!

Is this gonna be a "gitter done" delivery or are you planning on taking your time?
Old 16-05-2011, 16:19   #3

Re: Virginia to San Diego Sail

unfortunately its going to be a "gitter done" delivery. We have a little lee way but have to keep moving. It looks like September is a horrible time to go down the east coast due to the hurricanes so I guess it will be rolled a couple months. That puts us in some nasty weather coming up the west coast but oh well thats better than a hurricane. I was thinking 3 months for the whole trip??
will1515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, san diego