Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 12:16   #1

ABOVE and BELOW

Hi All ,
I'm in a position where I can start going to Government Boat Auctions and looking for a Catamarn of the 40' range . My sailing experience is old and limited. (30 yrs. ago on a mono hull (32' Morgan), befor my wife died, and then the islands off Florida and Cuba.
Now my desire is to go to the South Pacific ,Tahiti to live. Being ignorant to the world of Catamarans.....can or will anyone give me ideas as to what to be aware of in Cat rigging, hull bracings or anythings' that you would concider pertanant to the purchase?
Being ignorant in the lack of knowlage is one thing , but being Stupid in the lack of seeking that Knowlage is despicable !
If anyone out there has insight or "Tips", I sure would be beholding..........

Thanks,
lotuseker
lotuseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Lotus, unless you are already a Tahitian national, I don't believe they will allow you to go live there.

"Low population, zero immigration policy and strict border control (only 1 point of entry) make these islands a haven of peace and safety. "

Many island nations have very strict immigration policies, you may be greeted, asked to show your return airfare, and then if you don't have it--ordered to leave. Even with it, you may be asked to leave, expelled, or imprisoned when your visa expires.

www.noonsite.com is a good resource for cruisers looking to check on various government policies before running afoul of them.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 13:27   #3

HELLOSAILOR,

Thanks hellosailor, I'll do that . I do appriciate that piece of info. I'll look into it.
lotuseker
Old 01-08-2007, 18:39   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Stuff and politics change a lot these days often quickly and dramatically. NoonSite as noted is the best place for one stop shopping about what are the rules type questions for governments related to entry and other odd particulars you can end up in trouble over. Not knowing the rules is never a good excuse. Better to know before hand what you need to know.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34   #5

Pblais,
WOW! THANKS FOR THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a virtual cornucopia of information!!!!!!! you have no idea of my gratitude for your post!
thanks !!!!!!