Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2023, 09:15   #1

Bemepok 8m outboard

Good day to all,hoping someone can help with advice ? I have acquired a bemepok 8m outboard and would like to use her on our theta 26 however it start and dies I traced the problem back to the vacuum fuel valve next to the carburetor the digpragm has hardened and cracked over the years thus not working in allowing fuel through, any one know of dealers or anyone holding parts for this engine here in sunny South Africa? Please dm me with info if possible, thanks and regards Dean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231113-190558_Chrome.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	283344  
Sailing Adelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 07:31   #2

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: Bemepok 8m outboard

It would seem this is a Russian outboard motor. A Wikipedia article (in Russian) appears to show that the company operated from 1964 to 2008. In English, the company would be spelled "Veterok". Good luck finding parts.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 16:05   #3

Boat: Johnson 26
Re: Bemepok 8m outboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing Adelia View Post
Good day to all,hoping someone can help with advice ? I have acquired a bemepok 8m outboard and would like to use her on our theta 26 however it start and dies I traced the problem back to the vacuum fuel valve next to the carburetor the digpragm has hardened and cracked over the years thus not working in allowing fuel through, any one know of dealers or anyone holding parts for this engine here in sunny South Africa?
O! Where could you find such a miracle?! I had such a motor. This is a miracle made in the USSR. It always worked very poorly. He lived his own life - if he himself wanted to, he would start and work. But if he doesn’t want to, he will stall and you can’t do anything with him, just leave him lying there. The next day it can start and work.
I suffered with it for two years, and then threw it in a landfill and bought a Mercury 4F. By the way, although the stated power of Veterok is 8 hp, and Mercury is 4 hp, the thrust that Veterok developed was noticeably less, and the gasoline consumption, on the contrary, is 3.5 liters per hour for Veterok, while for Mercury 1.2 liters per hour hour.
So my advice is don't waste your time and money on repairs. Throw Veterok in the landfill!

Tags
outboard