Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2020, 18:56   #1

Boat: Farr 50 Pilothouse
Boat US or Pantaenius

I wasn't sure which section to ask this question in, so my apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I may be buying a boat soon, and my plan is to head to the Caribbean and beyond in a few years, so I would prefer to start out with one insurance company and stay with it as I travel. The obvious solution would be Pantaenius, I guess. But does Boat US insurance (which I believe is Geico) only have coverage for the US, or the US and nearby cruising areas, or coverage for anywhere in the world?

What would you suggest?
Muaddib1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 19:08   #2

Re: Boat US or Pantaenius

Pantaneous is getting hard to get a policy with. They have been dropping a lot of customers without defined home ports.

Geico is really a USA only company, Bahamas a little. Typically limited to 200 miles offshore, or 75 miles depending on policy.

Getting real anywhere in the world coverage is really hard these days. Expect to pay at least 3% up to 5% of hull value for annual premium. And that requires staying out of the hurricane belts as defined by your underwriter.
billknny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat