Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2014, 10:25   #16

Re: Brokers Vs Owner FSBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyonr3 View Post
His reply was that it wasnt on the sales inventory so it didnt go with the boat...
Lesson for everyone else reading this: Be sure there is a clause in the contract that says that anything on the boat at the time of the sea trial is included in the sale.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 12:08   #17

Boat: Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35'

OR:

Together with the items listed on the attached inventory sheet, also included; all parts, fuel, spares and
gear aboard during survey, subject to the terms contained herein, (Hereinafter referred to as VESSEL)
and shall be included in the sale unless specifically excluded in writing.

I have had limited experiences with brokers. But in one instance I liked a boat- alot. I asked the broker what "the guy" (the owner) would take for the boat. He brought out some list- I guess it was like the blue book list of boats and naturally the amount higher than the "asked for price". He did not answer my question as I gently INSTRUCTED him that was not answering my question.
BillyBobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 13:13   #18

Boat: Nordhavn 46, 46'

I've bought two boats, and both sellers had them listed with brokers. I had a good and fair experience with both sales. The listings said what was on the boat except for personal photographs came with the boat (and did). On the second boat purchased, I used a buyer's broker and the seller had his own. I had been "working" with this lady for several years. She was a broker on a line of boats at the Annapolis show, and I told her I was looking for an x or y in a few years when I retired. We'd see each other annually at the show, and a year out, she started looking more closely. Narrowed it down to a couple that I drove to look at, and after much discussion, decided on which one to make an offer. It was a good distance away, and she took the train to meet me there during the survey. She knew a lot about boats having sold that manufacturer when the boat was new. In fact, she had sold the same boat to the original owner 12 years before I bought it. The seller's broker was a little slow in responding to detailed questions about this and that from my broker (prompted by me--the usual questions in any sale), but otherwise he was fine. The boat had had lots of love so it was in great shape, so there was no hint of dishonesty.

She tried to assist with the loan and insurance, but I had already found a great deal on a loan and just stayed with my current insurer. I told her the details and she aid they were better than she could do.

Overall, the experience was good.
Moody46CC is offline   Reply With Quote