Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 04:42   #1

Boat: Beneteau 393
Can’t get this Krogen 38 out of my mind

Krogen 38 for sale Italy, Krogen boats for sale, Krogen used boat sales, Krogen Sailing Yachts For Sale Krogen classic cutter - Apollo Duck

Just retired to the Greek Ionian islands in January. Have been researching and window shopping for 2 years. Was stuck on the atoll 43 for a while but have gotten over it. I was attracted to it because of the cat sized cockpit for lazing around in anchorages with friends. But have been told by manny not much of a sailing vessel and slightly over my budget of 60k euro
Boat will be used mostly in the Ionian island and area mostly sitting in anchorage’s days at a time. jeanneau or Benny light displacement boats is what I think I need but these boats really don’t appeal to me in my price range smallish cockpits 36 to 42 ft. newer 2010+ out of budget
My wife’s only big concern is outdoor living space at anchor she wants to be able to sit 4 comfortably for a dinner in cockpit and space for 4 to hangout for days at anchor . I tend to agree with her. We also want something that we can enjoy sailing.
Hence the Krogen 38. Despite a heavy boat it has a good size cockpit flat front deck to hang or sunbath and I have read that it sails well in all wind conditions.
Our sailing experience is limited but getting some mileage on the water with friends and should be enrolling in RYA classes soon.
I have read and researched everything I can find on google about the Krogen but it is limited I am asking for firsthand info and opinions
I have not visited this boat yet and I would like comments on what I should focus on while I visit the boat and then moving forward with formal inspection.
Any other boat I should look at in my price range with wife’s needs?

Obviously Engine has high mileage but I will keep this in mind
zavman is offline   Reply With Quote