Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2008, 19:17   #1

Crew T-Shirts

Hello all,

I'd like to get some t shirts made up for 4 of my crew, preferably with out boat blue print on the back along with the name. ive exhausted my searches on the net and haven't come up with anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or some pic links so i can create my own?

Thank you
lavalole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 19:32   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
My wife found an embroidered shirt. T shirts sort of suck. You pick the stock logo and they add the boat name. It was very reasonable for a small number like even 2. There are a lot of computerized embroidery places. You supply the artwork and they charge you about $5 US to add a logo to anything. We do all the club clothing that way. Someone shops for deals and then we pay $5 to add the logo and we mark it up for the club. Always new stuff and it looks nice.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 19:50   #3

Boat: Sceptre 41
We took a manufacturer's line drawing of our boat and reduced it down to the size we wanted. Then emailed it to the local t-shirt shop. We then went by and picked the shirts & hats we wanted from his catalogs.

About a week later we had them and they've been great. The price was reasonable.

John
kloosh.com
www.kloosh.com
jemsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 07:48   #4

Lots of options to do this. CustomInk.Com even has an online widget so you can design your own logo/embroidery/transfer. (standard disclaimer, not at all associated, have never even used their services so I don't know if they're any good - found via google search.)

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog anchored in a coral atoll.
Amgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:18   #5

Boat: Sceptre 41
I bought some T-Shirts at Walmart and then designed the logo on my computer. From there Avery sells Iron on patches. Design print Iron on. I made about 11 shirts and it cost me about $75 including shirts.

The design I came up with was to put a chart on the T-shirt and then show the places we planned on going. Problem is that we didn't end up going to all the different spots. We didn't go North of Santa Barbara b/c there were some nasty gales blowing. That cramped out time frame so we didn't make it to the channel Islands either. Oh well the shirt was a hit with the crew

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...DSCN1090-1.jpg

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...m/DSCN1089.jpg

The instructions say to turn the shirt inside out when you wash them and I don' think my wife did that to hers but the iron patch is startign to loose color. I like the shirts otherwise. In the future I would use the embroidery.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:50   #6

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
I have t-shirts and other garments made up all the time. Just put in an order yesterday in fact. You can probably create a design idea the best you can in something like word and send that to a screening place and they will design a screen for you. Having a screen designed and made for only 4 shirts will jack the price up notably and as Paul said, you may do just as well, to buy some nice polo shirts or something and have them embroidered.

Have you considered hats? - The advantage is one size fits all, so you can just have a stock of them. You can also just have some on board for crew to wear and have a common look without even giving them away. I had some embroidered with a basic sailboat outline and the name of my boat under it.

After the basic set up, 2-color screened t-shirts cost me about $8 each. I just ordered some screened wicking fiber Ts for about $14 each.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 13:15   #7

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
I use Lands End.[I] It costs $75 to set up a priofessionally designed embroidered logo that can be placed on all their products - shirts, caps, ice bags, whatever. Their shirts are great, guaranteed for life.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 14:55   #8

Boat: Vic Franck Delta 50
Also, CafePress will do custom stuff (not just products to be sold to others)... mugs, calendars, and lots of other goodies. I've had a shop there for a while (and sold very little, alas), but it's great for one-off designs.

Steve
Old 20-03-2010, 14:23   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Lots of places can do it. If you go with a stock logo you can add the boat name dirt cheap on good shirts. Some ask you to send a picture of the boat and they make a custom logo. Not bad. Shop around.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 17:28   #10
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
I use "Embroidme" they are quick and reasonable.
Embroidery, Fashion Apparel, Embroidery Garments, Monogrammed Gift Items Franchise
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote