Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2022, 07:45   #1

Boat: Swan 44 Mk II
Current State of the Abacos for Cruisiers?

Does anyone have any information on the current state of the Abacos for cruisers. I understand it took one hell of a beating from Hurricane Dorian. Are things somewhat back to "normal", what ever "normal" is?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Ron
Roniszoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:22   #2

Boat: 1980 Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster
Re: Current State of the Abacos for Cruisiers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roniszoro View Post
Does anyone have any information on the current state of the Abacos for cruisers. I understand it took one hell of a beating from Hurricane Dorian. Are things somewhat back to "normal", what ever "normal" is?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Ron
Abacos have with numerous exceptions recovered from Dorian. Open for the full cruising experience.
cr180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 23:26   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Kaufman 47, Cutter

We spent the summer based out of Marsh Harbour as a charter for the Boy Scouts of America Seabase. Reconstruction continues but most everything is open for business with the exception of Treasure Cay. What specifically are you interested in?
michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 14:59   #4

I was just interested in general as to how everything was functioning. I asked as I understood that the devastation from Dorian was catastrophic and there was little if any support for cruisers e.g marinas, store, fuel, etc. I'm glad that things are returning to "normal"again, or a new "normal". I hope to get there one of these days.
Old 05-11-2022, 15:46   #5

Boat: 1978 PS Mariah 31, #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roniszoro View Post
I was just interested in general as to how everything was functioning. I asked as I understood that the devastation from Dorian was catastrophic and there was little if any support for cruisers e.g marinas, store, fuel, etc. I'm glad that things are returning to "normal"again, or a new "normal". I hope to get there one of these days.

For the most part the Abaco’s are up and running, no lack of services anywhere. I have been through the Abaco’s for the last two seasons. Go, you won’t regret it!
LarryDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDW View Post
For the most part the Abaco’s are up and running, no lack of services anywhere. I have been through the Abaco’s for the last two seasons. Go, you won’t regret it!

Can anyone proved an update since Larry's input in November? Thank you for the input.

Ron
Old 05-05-2023, 15:35   #7

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

I'm anchored in manjack cay right now. On our way north through to here I haven't encountered and lack of operation. Fuel, bars, docks, restaurants are all abundant and open.
The only small concern was green turtle where 3 of the mooring balls are not being rented due to lack of maintenance(brendals, the red balls) all other balls there are operational. So it's a pretty minor negative
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abaco, current