Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2014, 13:11   #46

Boat: Boatless in Seattle. Ex- Alberg 30, 30’ Gillnetter, 63’ Wm. Hand Ketch, 36’ Lapwor
Re: Do You Really Know Your Boat?

Don't know about boat Mana, but I do know I haven't replaced my dead engine instruments for years as I can tell how well the engine is running, and how hot it is by the sound of the motor and the feel of the shaft vibration in the tiller and my hands. I notice changes in angle of heel and quite often detect slight wind shifts that affect my wind vane, without having to get up and look around. Other than that, I've replaced or renewed every screw, nut, and bolt, and each piece of hardware, trim, rigging, and sails. So it's pretty clear to me when it's being an absolute bitch refusing to accede to repair jobs or doesnt want to go in the direction I, the man captain most want to go. The rest of the time, it's pretty much A docile observer, happy to stay parked at the dock or do it's job heading off over the horizon, whatever the situation requires,
Glenn.Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote