Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 13:15   #16

Boat: Duncanson 37
Re: Duogen wind generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Only telling you what someone who owns one says. But I guess it wasn't what you wanted to hear....
No I thank you for this as I can see the point.....if I was at anchor 90% I can see the in water mode would be useless....I may have to work out my expected Anchor % to see if it weighs up.
southace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 13:53   #17

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

FWIW,

No personal experience, but have talked to several cruisers with Duogens who were not happy with their reliability in either wind or water modes. You might do some on-line research on this issue.

We had a home-brew trolling generator on our last boat and found it very useful on passages...produced around 10 amps at 6 knots A big PITA to retrieve under way, though.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 07-12-2011, 13:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
FWIW,

No personal experience, but have talked to several cruisers with Duogens who were not happy with their reliability in either wind or water modes. You might do some on-line research on this issue.

We had a home-brew trolling generator on our last boat and found it very useful on passages...produced around 10 amps at 6 knots A big PITA to retrieve under way, though.

Cheers,

Jim
Thanks, these are the people I would like to hear from....every forum and internet search I found was positve just the people that didnt own one where negitive,I did read some owners say the wind gen side of things was not great but that was due the auto feathering in above 30knots
Old 07-12-2011, 14:20   #19
CLOD

Boat: none

You sound convinced already and say others already told you they were GREAT. So just get one!

Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 14:30   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
You sound convinced already and say others already told you they were GREAT. So just get one!

Let us know how it works out for you.
Not quite convinced would like to hear it from the horses mouth as they say..... why do they say that?

Tags
generator, wind generator