Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-12-2020, 01:41   #61

Re: EU Entry: When does the clock start

https://www.theca.org.uk/rats/brexit_advice

If you're a member of the CA, click that link and follow it to a webinar on the brexit topic. They addressed your questions in depth.
Old 16-12-2020, 18:12   #62

Boat: S&S 40
Re: EU Entry: When does the clock start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock1 View Post
For those who are in the UK and are perplexed with all the nonsense going on between UK Government and the EU I have a few practical questions.

I understand the new rules post Dec 31 regardless of a deal or not is that we have a rolling road of 90 days in every 180 days to visit the EU visa free.

My first question is when does the "clock" start? When you enter European waters or when you arrive at your European destination port? For example I leave the UK sail down the coast of France, Spain and Portugal then stop at Marbella 12 days later. Does the 90 day clock start at arriving in Marbella or when I entered EU waters and therefore would have used 12 days of my 90 day allowance.

My second question is does your allotted time get used when you are at sea? For example I arrive in Spain then sail non stop for 10 days to Greece. Do the ten days count as part of the 90? If not how do I record the fact I have been at sea?

My third question is if I sail from Spain to a non EU country and check in (say Tunisia) I assume the clock stops. I then leave Tunisia and sail and anchor for the next three months at various European locations but do not go to a Marina, how would the authorities know I have entered a European location to start the clock again?

Can't seem to find anything on the web with these scenarios.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Haddock.
When you arrive and cleared in to a Schengen country.
I guess a stamp in your passport?
Maybe Border patrol might check your boat while on anchor?
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote